Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TheRealSkull

Imagination, SSE, and WoL for starters.

I personally also think we need to get some more rides in World Showcase to disperse crowds from Ratatouille and Frozen.
Yep. The Mary Poppins ride would have worked wonders.

Actually I changed my mind. That was only supposed to be a spinner. And while I'm a guy that doesn't necessarily mind an occasional flat ride, for a film as legendary as Mary Poppins, you needed to incorporate Tony Baxter's original idea into that space. So in a sense, I'm glad it got shelved, hoping they can deliver on something better.

But yes, in general, more rides in World Showcase would be amazing. And they have the room.

James Alucobond

Yep, if there was ever an announcement here that isn't a whole new South American park it would be a pavilion. And if there is ever a new country pavilion it absolutely should be this, South America isn't covered yet (nor the Southern Hemisphere) and visitor-wise it's the right fit.
I know others will continue to disagree with me, and I get it since the framing at AK is a bit unfortunate, but I quite simply have less interest in Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, and now the tropical Americas joining the World Showcase simply because they already feel wonderfully realized in a separate park. Same goes for Oceania, which feels like it could eventually be a great fit for an expansion there. At this point, I’m a much bigger proponent of Greece, Russia (current woes aside), Egypt, or Turkey, which feel like they fit in a bit more with the western experiential slant of the Showcase.

HauntedMansionFLA

Actually I changed my mind. That was only supposed to be a spinner. And while I'm a guy that doesn't necessarily mind an occasional flat ride, for a film as legendary as Mary Poppins, you needed to incorporate Tony Baxter's original idea into that space. So in a sense, I'm glad it got shelved, hoping they can deliver on something better.

But yes, in general, more rides in World Showcase would be amazing. And they have the room.
I wish they would use the space where Africa outpost and WorldShowPlace sits

The Leader of the Club

I know others will continue to disagree with me, and I get it since the framing at AK is a bit unfortunate, but I quite simply have less interest in Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, and now the tropical Americas joining the World Showcase simply because they already feel wonderfully realized in a separate park. Same goes for Oceania, which feels like it could eventually be a great fit for an expansion there. At this point, I’m a much bigger proponent of Greece, Russia (current woes aside), Egypt, or Turkey, which feel like they fit in a bit more with the western experiential slant of the Showcase.
Agreed. Greece is my top choice with a Pegasus family coaster.

doctornick

If they wanted to do something to enhance WS - and they should - rather than a new pavilion, they should at least add attractions to the existing locations that don't have any. Put the Tangled ride in Germany or Pinocchio in Italy or Poppins in UK. Or my personal fav or adding a Mt. Fuji (Matterhorn-esque) coaster to Japan. Add 2 or 3 more rides around the WSL and that would really enhance that part of the park and lessen the feeling of the stuff there being too spread out.

James Alucobond

If they wanted to do something to enhance WS - and they should - rather than a new pavilion, they should at least add attractions to the existing locations that don't have any. Put the Tangled ride in Germany or Pinocchio in Italy or Poppins in UK. Or my personal fav or adding a Mt. Fuji (Matterhorn-esque) coaster to Japan. Add 2 or 3 more rides around the WSL and that would really enhance that part of the park and lessen the feeling of the stuff there being too spread out.
I don’t think a Fuji coaster would happen with the current WS model. If I were trying to add some balance and target a few things that could be done relatively quickly within current constraints, I’d go for rides in UK and Italy (Poppins + maybe Luca?) and enhanced M&Gs in China and Morocco (awakening animatronic Mushu with Mulan at her family altar + summoning Genie from his lamp with Aladdin and Jasmine at the back of the bazaar). Germany and Canada plus a new pavilion would be phase 2 goals.

GenChi

Eh, they don't do it enough for me to ignore an entire continent from having a very country specific, less fantasy representation in a worldwide showcase because something like a Brazil pavilion and Tropical Americas in DAK accomplish different goals in my view. And too western a slant and it really starts to feel like the band "world tour" meme more than a more comprehensive world showcase

RSoxNo1

Mary Poppins was going to be an E-ticket queue for a B-ticket attraction.

bmr1591

A Luca water ride in Italy or Hagrid’s-like bike coaster would be awesome.

Andrew25

I hate being this guy, but if they want to increase capacity in World Showcase... they might have to do something similar to Impressions de France where it runs in the morning/last two hours of park ops with the 360 theaters. I love Canada Far and Wide/Reflections of China... but they're not very popular. I'd rotate shows throughout the day with more "family-friendly" offerings.

JMcMahonEsq

I will fully admit I don't have a land plat in front of me, but how are you fitting full large scale rides, including a "mountain" type coaster in the existing footprints of the pavillions, without basically gutting what is there?

doctornick

I will fully admit I don't have a land plat in front of me, but how are you fitting full large scale rides, including a "mountain" type coaster in the existing footprints of the pavillions, without basically gutting what is there?

Every pavilion has space for attractions - they were designed and placed in a way expecting for most to have rides installed. Mostly the available plots are located to the rear of the pavilions and are either undeveloped or being used for storage at this point in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom