Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you a board member now?

When did you get hired by Disney and do you attend every meeting?

I have an interesting perspective because i look at Disney with my EYES OPEN 👀

If they want me on the board…I’ll show up…
I’ll give the Roy E. “Cut the $&@!” Perspective to people who spend their days figuring out what party they’re going to tonight. 👍🏻

James Alucobond

I have an interesting perspective because i look at Disney with my EYES OPEN 👀
It is neither interesting nor particularly more clear-eyed than anyone else’s perspective. It is just the same two or three points repeated ad infinitum, all through a lens of extreme and irrational pessimism. We get it, Bob sucks and sometimes wears sweaters. Prices are too high, crowds have suffered as a result, and the value isn’t always there. Cutting edge stuff.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is neither interesting nor particularly more clear-eyed than anyone else’s perspective. It is just the same two or three points repeated ad infinitum, all through a lens of extreme and irrational pessimism. We get it, Bob sucks and sometimes wears sweaters. Prices are too high, crowds have suffered as a result, and the value isn’t always there. Cutting edge stuff.

I’ll own that. Because there are core issues.

Blanket defenses due to vacation memories offer zero valid points. It’s personal vanity.

To be clear: i still hope for the best. I surely want more attention to park travelers (which have been abused for years) and refocus on their core customers.

I believe there will be “announcements”…but that’s not the end of the story. It’s the range of announcements and their dedication to a timely manner that is the WHOLE game now.

Tha Realest

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Disney did commit to spending $17bn at WDW…over the next twenty years, not just the next decade

Disney is required to invest at least $8 billion within the first 10 years of the agreement.
This is an important detail. Also now that this is done, I assume we will start hearing more news about the BBT permits?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney did commit to spending $17bn at WDW…over the next twenty years, not just the next decade

Announcements are filled with hot air. I will be the first to give them credit when dirt is flying for ADDITIONS.

Let’s see it

eddie104

Originally, it was $17B over the next decade.

At least now, there's a sort of contract that the totality will be spent.
Also it’s more realistic spending that much over several decades versus one. That amount of money is huge no matter how you put it.

Announcements are filled with hot air. I will be the first to give them credit when dirt is flying for ADDITIONS.

Let’s see it
What in the world will you talk about once these projects get off the ground? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They went from $1.7B / year to $850M / year.
Monorail replacements get pricey too
$850M is at least one E-Ticket a year.
I forgot the part where it was committed to rides?
Also…one E-ticket with an upcharge fee is not what you want.
What in the world will you talk about once these projects get off the ground? 🤔
I will talk about what I can see and touch…ie not the kinda things you dream about on your pillow

eddie104

Monorail replacements get pricey too

I forgot the part where it was committed to rides?
Also…one E-ticket with an upcharge fee is not what you want.

I will talk about what I can see and touch…ie not the kinda things you dream about on your pillow
Replacing Monorails??? 😂🙄

Walter please.. don’t move the goal posts and you ignore what’s right in front of you all the time.

I’m happy to see that you’re conceding a little to the prospect of them actually building new attractions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Replacing Monorails??? 😂🙄

Walter please.. don’t move the goal posts and you ignore what’s right in front of you all the time.

I’m happy to see that you’re conceding a little to the prospect of them actually building new attractions.
There has been absolutely ZERO guarantees of attractions

“Investment” that is as ambiguous as every lie Bob breathes.

The monorail JOKE was about infrastructure. Which will fall into investment category.

Attractions will come…but we don’t know at what level and more importantly…what pace.

Their park strategy has been mostly “close and replace”…which is exactly what is being speculated at DAK right now. That maintains “inflated demand”
Why would that matter to them? Hmmmm?🤔

So let’s see it? I welcome all good capex.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom