Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sneaky

MuppetVision has become the modern Tiki Room or Lincoln show. As the world gets more and more high tech, it’s going to feel more and more quaint. And frankly the Studios needs all the nostalgia it can get these days.
honestly, same could be said about star tours. Def feels more quaint, and nostalgic. I honestly now could see star tours and muppetvision having a healthy coexistence tbh.

BrianLo

Chat, the panel is like an hour long, and they've now said both merchandise and gaming will be apart of it apparently.

How much of the "experiences" panel will be... parks?

They always say it’s 90 minutes long every year, panic ensues and it usually runs longer than that anyways.

Run time has zero correlation to content. We’ve had 80 minutes of fluff before and 60 minutes of announcements In Other years.

They aren’t cutting a parks project because they want to have a musical segment for the in person audience…

In addition, this year there is a sheer dearth of under construction projects - which often take up the bulk of time filling in details. We very much could get a quicker hit situation this go around as most (almost all) of these things will not be open by next Anaheim D23.

RSoxNo1

Yeah definitely strange to be announcing it 9 days before D23. I’m hoping that means they talk about DCL less but probably not.
Except it's broken up in 2 minute videos with 1:54 of confusing animation followed by a single piece of concept art for a lounge. It's been a really weird launch.

Indy_UK

Wish they’d play the long game and double down on investments in the face of potential economic downturn.

They are in a long game. Multi-year construction projects and attractions that may run for 20-30 years.

A company like Disney should always be looking at the long term but actually just looks at the next quarter

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Question: does TBA even get mentioned by Josh? Given its unpopularity with some segments of park guests, and it’s embarrassing performance that even its most ardent defenders acknowledge is a huge problem?

Nottamus

I’m going to aim low to not be disappointed

Epcot- 16 new trash cans doubling as table tops for festivals

HS- something new

MK - more guests

AK - Indiana Jones head popcorn bucket

Overall- a free shuttle to Epic starting in 2025 with the tagline “don’t tell them we sent you “

This way- I can be pleasantly surprised with news. Hopefully not like last time “this is what we COULD do”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Question: does TBA even get mentioned by Josh? Given its unpopularity with some segments of park guests, and it’s embarrassing performance that even its most ardent defenders acknowledge is a huge problem?
My guess is it’s not mentioned at D23. The quarterly meeting, though? It gets trotted out as a “popular retheme” that’s helping attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom