Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

you can bet DVC construction won't get the ax

DVC really needs to be thought of as its own parallel business. Not as something in competition or taking away from parks investment. It's entirely separate and on the rare occasion actually contributes something positive to the resort experience, like the Skyliner.

Even with economic disaster, they have a required natural cadence to open new product against. It's like saying even in an economic downturn, they'll still make more Mickey Ice Cream Bars. Of course they will. We didn't lose a potential E-ticket because they made pretzels and ice cream to sell.

RIV almost assuredly will sell out by end of 2026. Poly could do gang busters and go as early as 2027, more likely 2028. Meaning they need *something* by 2027. The two options were a quick room conversion on an existing DVC followed by reflections or Reflections by 2027 and it now seems like it's the latter. Even with an economic slow down this doesn't stop DVC, it just delayed the need for more inventory by like 6 months at the worst. Even in the Great Recession, DVC sold, just at a slower pace.

Now DCL is actually a bit more capital intensive and at some level perhaps in theory a land is being cut or funding shunted away from the parks to build a new ship. That said, they've already sort of made that call. There's a new class and a planned 12B DCL spend over the next decade, including the three under way.

BrianLo

Disney paid Comcast a lot of money to buy out Hulu. As in the cost of a new theme park.

Comcast is still in 12-15+ parks worth of debt today. As lovely as a thought that might be, it already disappeared against their balance sheet back in December. And they just paid a several billion dollar tax bill for it this past quarter.

Last edited:

doctornick

I think VQs are generally fine as a means of controlling popular attraction openings, but they should definitely phase them out way more quickly than they do currently.

Agree. VQs actually make a ton of sense to avoid the massive 3+ hour queues (which are particularly crappy for "once in a lifetime" visitors compared to locals/frequent visitors). But yeah they should end them much sooner, after a few months at most. It's crazy to still have a VQ for Cosmic Rewind.

Ichabod Crane

I wonder what the future of the muppets at the parks and beyond is. Especially with muppetvision location. I’d like to think a new muppets ride isn’t impossible, but I feel that even the future of the existing one is in limbo. Sure it’s fine for now, but is it permanently fine?
Ever since Defunctland did a YouTube series on Henson and the muppets I think there’s been a bit of a popularity increase for them, particularly among Gen Z. The problem is that I don’t think Disney (or seemingly Sesame for that matter but that seems to be it’s own issue) really know what they’re doing with them and how to use the characters well, so they haven’t been able to capitalize properly.

Sneaky

Ever since Defunctland did a YouTube series on Henson and the muppets I think there’s been a bit of a popularity increase for them, particularly among Gen Z. The problem is that I don’t think Disney (or seemingly Sesame for that matter but that seems to be it’s own issue) really know what they’re doing with them and how to use the characters well, so they haven’t been able to capitalize properly.
That’s true. The muppets are a tough case to crack. Hopefully Disney doesn’t give up on them. Because with all the stuff they’ve been getting, they at least still see value in the franchise.
On the parks front, I always kinda think a version of ride and go seek starting the muppets would be a good fit for them. And of course, their is the ever present rnrc hope. The problem with muppetvision is you can never update it because it’s Jim’s final project. That’s its blessing, because it might keep it around, but also its curse. Though I would be down for a Christmas overlay for MVD3D

bmr1591

I know what will make the crowd go wild. Announcing virtual queues are gone forever. They won't do it but it would be great.

I mean, I like VQs for the most part. I don’t have to wait three hours in line to ride Guardians. With that said, the only time I’ve ever missed a VQ is when my app crashed and logged me out at 6:59. When you know the strategy, it’s not hard.

doctornick

I mean, I like VQs for the most part. I don’t have to wait three hours in line to ride Guardians. With that said, the only time I’ve ever missed a VQ is when my app crashed and logged me out at 6:59. When you know the strategy, it’s not hard.
My biggest gripe at this point is I’d like the chance to ride CR multiple times and listen to different songs but you aren’t given the opportunity to just wait in line. I get doing that in the first few months of operation but it’s been open for over two years now!

doctornick

VQ was only made because Chapek said anything with a 10 hour wait is a failure.
I mean, that’s pretty much true. Anything with a massive multi hour wait is horrible for customers. It’s particularly horrible when a ride is unreliable and could break down and dump the line.

Hagrid’s was a crappy implementation of a new ride and I’ve got to think the execution there - along with the long and unpleasant waits at FoP when it opened - helped encourage Disney to have a different and more guest friendly system when Rise debuted.

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

What’re the odds of the Pecos Bill retheme finally being announced? With Coco very likely being a part of “New Frontierland”, I assume they’d open a nicer Mexican restaurant with it, so I’d imagine they’d replace Pecos with something else since it’d be redundant and it’s food is not great anyways. Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree? Tiana’s Place? Something else entirely?

GenChi

What’re the odds of the Pecos Bill retheme finally being announced? With Coco very likely being a part of “New Frontierland”, I assume they’d open a nicer Mexican restaurant with it, so I’d imagine they’d replace Pecos with something else since it’d be redundant and it’s food is not great anyways. Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree? Tiana’s Place? Something else entirely?

If they finalized on Coco being phase I it's likely. Hungry Bear in Disneyland was clearly announced early due to the strike news so they might have planned it for MK to announce at the same time at D23. But Tiana and Bears serve different food so they might still be deciding what of the two concept options they have would sell better. If they aren't ready to announce Phase I they will eventually get to rebranding to match all the new retheme development in the area but might hold off a bit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom