Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TTA94

Original Poster
Wonder what projects could get the ax if this unfortunately comes to pass.

I'm sure I can guess........

I think we will be fine. Worst case at least the projects that are already in development and actively being worked on should be safe, with the exception of potential cuts and being scaled back. Priorities will happen but everything else who knows.

MouseEarsMom33

If we didn't have Epic Universe opening next year, I think there would be more cuts. But with Epic opening and Universal rumored to be considering a 4th park, I think Disney will be "forced" to invest in the domestic parks.

Moth

If we didn't have Epic Universe opening next year, I think there would be more cuts. But with Epic opening and Universal rumored to be considering a 4th park, I think Disney will be "forced" to invest in the domestic parks.
It's an open secret Uni got all that land to make a 2nd Citywalk-type place and a 4th park for Florida. }

Whatever Disney drops this D23 for WDW is their defense against either EU phase 2 or 4th FL Uni park (which COULD be coming sooner than one would think for another massive park)...

Sneaky

It's an open secret Uni got all that land to make a 2nd Citywalk-type place and a 4th park for Florida. }

Whatever Disney drops this D23 for WDW is their defense against either EU phase 2 or 4th FL Uni park (which COULD be coming sooner than one would think for another massive park)...
A fourth universal park? I really like universal and how they’re expanding, but idk to me planning for a fourth park already kinda seems like biting off more than they could chew imo.

Moth

A fourth universal park? I really like universal and how they’re expanding, but idk to me planning for a fourth park already kinda seems like biting off more than they could chew imo.

I don't think anyone at Uni knows what they're gonna put in said park, or anything about it outside of 'we showed people we're interested in a second park in this plot of land in the future after EU opens'. With how they regard Volcano Beach, it could easily be another water park.

bmr1591

So I was watching something a while back about old Disney Channel and how they began showing fish facts in between shows about a year before they announced Finding Nemo as a way to get their target audience interested in their new movie. It worked wonders.

With that said, I don’t believe this will be announced this D23, but with how much Powerlines I2I is being pushed, I wouldn’t be shocked if they did one day retheme RnRc to it. It’s been all over TikTok, they’ve had Corbin Bleu sing is at their Disney night thing a week ago, they even had the song playing heading into commercial of the MMA matches today. I wouldn’t think anything of it if I didn’t remember how they did Fish Facts for Nemo. I think they’re prepping our minds for Powerlines.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
So I was watching something a while back about old Disney Channel and how they began showing fish facts in between shows about a year before they announced Finding Nemo as a way to get their target audience interested in their new movie. It worked wonders.

With that said, I don’t believe this will be announced this D23, but with how much Powerlines I2I is being pushed, I wouldn’t be shocked if they did one day retheme RnRc to it. It’s been all over TikTok, they’ve had Corbin Bleu sing is at their Disney night thing a week ago, they even had the song playing heading into commercial of the MMA matches today. I wouldn’t think anything of it if I didn’t remember how they did Fish Facts for Nemo. I think they’re prepping our minds for Powerlines.
Hmm...How many of the pins were sold?
IMG_8951.jpeg

With A Goofy Movie’s 30th happening next year they'd have to get rockin and rolling quickly on an overlay if they wanted it to coincide with the anniversary. It's doable but unlikely.

Although, Powerline Max has proved popular. (for whatever that's worth)

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

I don't think anyone at Uni knows what they're gonna put in said park, or anything about it outside of 'we showed people we're interested in a second park in this plot of land in the future after EU opens'. With how they regard Volcano Beach, it could easily be another water park.
It won’t be another water park, but I wouldn’t expect a fourth theme park for awhile. After EU their next priority will be a resort in Great Britain and seeing how well the kids park in Texas and the year long HHN experience in Vegas do with the possibility of expanding those concepts around the country.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Is there a pinned post in this thread that has all the rumors we are thinking that will be/could be announced? I haven’t been keeping up with this thread very well.

J4546

My wish is that Voyage of the little mermaid gets moved to the Nemo Theatre & Nemo closes permenantly as the new post pandemic version of Nemo is inferior in every way to the original. This would make room for a complete demolition of Animation Courtyard.
animation could still be demoed and keep the theater for a show related to the IP of the land. I still think ToonTown would be best use of the space but they have to demo everything behind there, not just the animation courtyard building

MouseEarsMom33

animation could still be demoed and keep the theater for a show related to the IP of the land. I still think ToonTown would be best use of the space but they have to demo everything behind there, not just the animation courtyard building
Considering they had a Toon Town area in MK and got rid of it, I don't see them building a new Toon Town from scratch.

doctornick

A lot of queer Gen Z loves the Muppets, but they definitely don’t have mass appeal anymore. Man or Muppet seems to blow up on TikTok every few months at least, as well as Twitter posts inspiring people to recast movies with Muppets. Christmas Carol gets some love around the holidays. Muppet Babies was a modest success on Disney Jr a few years ago, but other than that they’ve struggled to find an audience outside of already established Muppet fans.
Muppets Mayhem was great but don’t think it was very popular

Also I need to give a shout out for Earth to Ned that was outstanding - might have been my favorite thing on D+ - but sadly has been removed from the service.

Sneaky

Muppets Mayhem was great but don’t think it was very popular

Also I need to give a shout out for Earth to Ned that was outstanding - might have been my favorite thing on D+ - but sadly has been removed from the service.
I wonder what the future of the muppets at the parks and beyond is. Especially with muppetvision location. I’d like to think a new muppets ride isn’t impossible, but I feel that even the future of the existing one is in limbo. Sure it’s fine for now, but is it permanently fine?

BrianLo

Question: does TBA even get mentioned by Josh? Given its unpopularity with some segments of park guests, and it’s embarrassing performance that even its most ardent defenders acknowledge is a huge problem?

I actually think it won't be, unless there is a bit of a retrospective section of things that have opened (with a nod to an opening for Disneyland). It was already a 'highlight' of 2022 with a water towel TBA handout given out to attendees.

Had the Country Bears Jamboree BBQ thing been held back, I think there would have been more of an organic reason to bring it up.

This D23 strikes me as the most forward looking they've ever done, almost out of necessity. All the real active stuff they've already fleshed out or just opened.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I know what will make the crowd go wild. Announcing virtual queues are gone forever. They won't do it but it would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom