Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People may not be in love with the newer wish class but as a die hard theme park guy, DCL is a better product for us and will move to do more cruise trips
I'd even recommend checking out other cruise lines. The difference in quality and offerings between DCL and others has shrunk to the point where the DCL premium doesn't make sense anymore. Basically, Disney has fallen backwards in terms of service and others have stepped up their entertainment and service games. Granted, we're doing a Disney cruise next month but that's with friends, old and new, and the last one currently planned (although our daughter wants one more cruise before she turns 18 for the Edge experience). Other cruise lines are calling, and they are wanting our business instead of expecting it.

DCLcruiser

I'd even recommend checking out other cruise lines. The difference in quality and offerings between DCL and others has shrunk to the point where the DCL premium doesn't make sense anymore. Basically, Disney has fallen backwards in terms of service and others have stepped up their entertainment and service games. Granted, we're doing a Disney cruise next month but that's with friends, old and new, and the last one currently planned (although our daughter wants one more cruise before she turns 18 for the Edge experience). Other cruise lines are calling, and they are wanting our business instead of expecting it.
Take it back :p

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Whatever we get it better be impactful, fulfilling to fans, and numerous in quantity. Disney has to bring their a game in 8 days.

Did anyone else see the video of the Flying Hiccup Dragon Animatronic being tested last night over Epic Universe?? Absolutely insane!!! Universal is bringing it hard.

Timelines will be long, and if the economy, which has been slowly suffering for 2 years, goes further south, this will be Disney's response:

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Take it back :p
Trust me, those are words I'd never thought I'd utter.

Gusey

Chat, the panel is like an hour long, and they've now said both merchandise and gaming will be apart of it apparently.

How much of the "experiences" panel will be... parks?
Hour and a half, and they've already confirmed that Fortnite is getting a mention (probably like the Target ad in the middle of 2019?). From the poster, it's safe to assume the panel will be majority parks related and split between all 6 resorts

Brer Oswald

Nono. Gen Z does. We grew up on the absolute peak 2011 Muppets and Most Wanted, giving us connection to the characters. Just because the theaters aren’t full doesn't mean they’re empty. I never have to wait for the show, but the theater is never close to empty. It usually gets decently filled.

And besides, you need attractions that never have waits for capacity. I know that your excuse as to why your baby should’ve never closed is that it had long wait times, but I don’t wanna tackle that discussion.
What’s the staying power for these? I went to see Muppets for my 11th birthday and I recall enjoying it, but I haven’t thought much of it since.

The Leader of the Club

What’s the staying power for these? I went to see Muppets for my 11th birthday and I recall enjoying it, but I haven’t thought much of it since.
A lot of queer Gen Z loves the Muppets, but they definitely don’t have mass appeal anymore. Man or Muppet seems to blow up on TikTok every few months at least, as well as Twitter posts inspiring people to recast movies with Muppets. Christmas Carol gets some love around the holidays. Muppet Babies was a modest success on Disney Jr a few years ago, but other than that they’ve struggled to find an audience outside of already established Muppet fans.

britain

I don't really see the Muppets leaving anytime soon. They recently added new seats and projection mapping effects. Is it somewhat dated, yes. Will it eventually go away, probably. But I'd say it's several years out still.

You do need the high capacity, low wait attractions to balance all of the high demand, long wait ones, especially at Hollywood. There is not much available that does not typically have a lengthy wait. It needs more fill in attractions, not taking them away.

MuppetVision has become the modern Tiki Room or Lincoln show. As the world gets more and more high tech, it’s going to feel more and more quaint. And frankly the Studios needs all the nostalgia it can get these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom