Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Is Cars still a popular franchise? I mean it seems like a dead franchise with nothing in the pipeline for movies or streaming, and the spinoff Planes failed.

That makes this a disposable IP attached to an attraction that will be completely irrelevant in 10 years.

Surferboy567

Is Cars still a popular franchise? I mean it seems like a dead franchise with nothing in the pipeline for movies or streaming, and the spinoff Planes failed.

That makes this a disposable IP attached to an attraction that will be completely irrelevant in 10 years.
IP doesn’t directly dictate if an attraction is good or not. Cars Land is one of the best lands Disney has ever built. Also, cars is absolutely still an incredibly popular franchise.

UNCgolf

It’s really funny how we got basically exactly what we needed and the only thing people care about is their pretend “favorite” area in the park being torn down.

I thought it was an excellent panel.

EDIT: This isn’t directly pointed at anyone in particular it’s just an observation. Also, the response wasn’t tepid.

It seemed like exactly what we needed, but if it ends up replacing a bunch of existing stuff, then it's not at all what we needed. We need expansions and new capacity, not replacements.

With the MK in particular, the issue is that it blows up the design of that whole area. If they kept part of the river and docked the boat there, it would be fine, but the current plans almost necessitate demolishing and redesigning the existing Frontierland and Liberty Square as well because they won't work without the waterfront.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

If they kept part of the river and docked the boat there, it would be fine,
I give you this point.

Still though, this new attraction will probably be much better than the very poorly attended TSL. I understand the aesthetics are very nice. In my observation, it’s a lot of land that could be used for future expansion and seems to be underperforming as it is now.

Tha Realest

It’s really funny how we got basically exactly what we needed and the only thing people care about is their pretend “favorite” area in the park being torn down.

I thought it was an excellent panel.

EDIT: This isn’t directly pointed at anyone in particular it’s just an observation.
1) I disliked these plans before it was clear what was being taken out.

2) I don’t bemoan the loss of TSI. I dislike the lack of creativity or will to retain the riverfront and the current semblance of LS.

3) “what was needed”? We needed Cars in MK?

4) Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. Big fan of Stamos and Pentatonix?

Surferboy567

1) I disliked these plans before it was clear what was being taken out.

2) I don’t bemoan the loss of TSI. I dislike the lack of creativity or will to retain the riverfront and the current semblance of LS.

3) “what was needed”? We needed Cars in MK?

4) Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. Big fan of Stamos and Pentatonix?
3.) Investment, that is what was needed and we got it.

4.) Did we watch the same panel? Yeah, their was musical performances but their was a ton of very large announcements.

EDIT: 2.) As I said before, this is a fair point.

wutisgood

Sometimes an IP is a fit for a good attraction. The reality is Disney has already sunk money into a vast amount of IP so they might as well use what they paid for.

People complain about lack of original rides but why would Disney at this point ever make an original ride when they have so much IP which is not even close to all represented in every resort? I mean they aren't going to make a generic racecar attraction and it's not like major sponsors are likely to jump in to pay for that these days.

Popularity aside I certainly did not think Disney was at a point where they needed to demolish anything in magic kingdom to expand. So although I do not personally care much about tom Sawyer Island it is disappointing.

Last edited:

doctornick

“exactly what we needed” is actual expansions not replacements. WDW is busting from the seams as it is under built relative to the attendance and the “solution” is to spend billions of dollars almost all of which only replace existing capacity. Villains is the only thing announced for WDW that isn’t replacing existing attraction capacity.

UNCgolf

“exactly what we needed” is actual expansions not replacements. WDW is busting from the seams as it is under built relative to the attendance and the “solution” is to spend billions of dollars almost all of which only replace existing capacity. Villains is the only thing announced for WDW that isn’t replacing existing attraction capacity.

While they keep building brand new actual additions at Disneyland. It's crazy.

doctornick

Yeah, I think there was a suggestion it might be replacing Grizzly River Run, although I don't think that's been confirmed. Everything else seemed like an actual addition.
I think Pandora is going into the Hollywoodland area where the Monsters Inc ride is and there’s other buildings that are only sometimes used. But that would still be an attraction being replaced.

Others have said Coco might replace Goofys Sky School vs it might fit by moving some backstage stuff. I suspect it is the latter and it’ll go kind of next to TSMM as an addition.

The Marvel stuff are certainly additions.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I think Pandora is going into the Hollywoodland area where the Monsters Inc ride is and there’s other buildings that are only sometimes used. But that would still be an attraction being replaced.

Others have said Coco might replace Goofys Sky School vs it might fit by moving some backstage stuff. I suspect it is the latter and it’ll go kind of next to TSMM as an addition.

The Marvel stuff are certainly additions.

The displaced Monsters can move to Orlando. Think of the money they'll save!

Surferboy567

Joking aside, I’d love to see that ride added to DHS. it’s the type of attraction the park needs.

I mean, I’d rather they add Ride and Seek but beggars can’t be choosers.
I think the door coaster lends itself so well to a ride that I prefer it.

Ride and Seek is a great ride though. The queue is incredible, that’s actually what I initially thought when I saw the facade.

wutisgood

I will say in terms of DCA or a similar park with very limited space replacing limited capacity or underused capacity is more of an upgrade than at Disney world, especially as some reconfiguration allows Disney to plan out for future additions. I imagine the avengers campus fitting the stark attraction now is an example of this

Surferboy567

I think the door coaster lends itself so well to a ride that I prefer it.

Ride and Seek is a great ride though. The queue is incredible, that’s actually what I initially thought when I saw the facade.
How would they do that when they both take place at the same place?

I get this comes off as a cop out excuse but both attractions do take place inside the factory at (relatively) the same point. You could just build another ride though.

I’m extremely excited for Harry’s at the Studios. Sushi!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom