Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

rd805

Overall, I'm a fan of the offerings D23 expo presented for future parks investment & expansion.

-I'm no Cars fan, but i like that if they needed to use the IP, it's at least a new looking ride & do actually really enjoy the wilderness feel & evolution of "Frontier."
-I love the Monsters Inc Coaster - and really hope Muppets aren't chopped for this, especially considering Launch Bay has tons of useless space right there.
-Villainsland will be amazing, i have no doubts.
-The upgrades to DCA are all seemingly very wonderful attractions too!

The ONLY gripe I have is timeline. None of these projects are going to be here within 2 years, and it's purposeful how slow they build.

Disney takes WAY TOO LONG-- the 2027, 2028, 2029 timelines make such a positive press conference dwindle in glamour.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well those evil capitalists have a consensus about the D23 announcements to spend money, an overwhelming "meh"

1723583991868.png

wutisgood

I hope these short term money extracting idiots sell their shares to people who believe in investment and actually growing numbers instead of lazily raising prices. A huge problem with Disney decision making has been catering to the short term. My hope with these announcements and a commitment to future investments as stated so far being on a lot of new investors that push for more investment and real growth.

I like the cruise investments although I am not the target audience because they are a way to take some of the heat off park capacity as well as offer alternative vacations as park capacity and demand increases. Disney can also offer more combo vacation packages in markets close to parks.

I do wonder if Singapore or more realistically Malaysia nearby would be an option for a Disney resort to combo with cruise expansion at some point. We have universal and Legoland as well as an airport that continues to expand on volume.

Future investments in parks still suggests a new gate somewhere is possible. I wonder if it will actually be in a new area of the world.

Thanks phoenicians

You mentioned in your article about the location of Monsters Inc. that the Animation Courtyard area was earmarked for another project, according to your sources. To your knowledge, is the 2026 attraction the project you were referring to?

If you can say, of course.
Moth also brought up 2026 in the Cars thread and later hinted at an RnR retheme so I wonder if that's the something unanounced for 2026 that @wdwmagic was alluding to

There's something potentially being announced possibly as soon as next Destination D23 just as work starts on RoA that can be open as early as late 2026 to soften the blow for fans for another park. It'll be a fan favorite if it happens.

Disney has plans for 2026. I've heard some stuff, others have heard some stuff. Let's see where stuff happens.

Stuff.

Vegas Disney Fan

Your wish is their command! Oh, you do gotta give up the Japan pavilion to get it of course. Needs to replace something!
Sadly this is probably what would happen, except it would be Mexico because that would be easier to retheme.

Why waste money on a new building when you can just slap on some paint and say the Mexican pyramid is now a Brazilian pyramid?

CalebS

The capacity gain at hollywood studios and animal kingdom being so minimal if any at all is so disappointing with lines being as long as they are. I guess long lines increase lightning lane revenue!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom