Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SirLink

What is this Broadway!?!
Broadway is a very special place, filled with very special people, people who can sing and dance, often at the same time! They are a different people, a multi-talented people, a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the luckiest people in...the world.

If you get the reference you get a cookie (N.B. Cookie will be a figment of your imagination)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Could possibly the Encanto ride be trackless? There was handmade furniture eluded to in the presentation and the concept art ride vehicles aren’t very revealing. It was my daughters thought that maybe you’ll ride on this furniture and if you do, it might be trackless.
There was mention of them going up and down floors in the house. So there's some element of verticality.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My first reactions

- I am most excited for Villians land, this is something people have wanted for a long time and it's a good fit for MK.
- Night time parade is also a big win, long over due.
- I am on board for Encanto and Indy in MK, although it is sad to loose Dinos from the park. I am glad Indy isn't going to be a clone of Disneyland. I am a little disappointed that they seem to be stretching things to fit the AK theme.
- Monsters is a great idea but we really depend on what we loose for it. If it's Animation Courtyard it's a big win, if it's Muppets/Star Tours it's a big loss.
- Cars is the one I have the hardest time getting behind. The concept of the ride seems fun but it's really a stretch to fit this into Frontierland. Could be even worse if we have to lose something for it.

KDM31091

It seems likely to me we will lose Rivers of America & Tom Sawyer Island to make way for Cars, but I really hope I'm wrong on that.

Also do not find the Monsters Inc to be a fair trade for losing Muppets and Star Tours so hopefully it's the Animation Courtyard.

With how much unused and empty space they have, I am getting tired of the constant trades, instead of just creating new areas. Villains Land at least will be entirely new (I think), but they could have done the same with Tropical Americas; there's plenty of unused room in AK.

Thelazer

The cars ride in MK is just throwing me for a loop. It makes zero sense to fit it in there. Considering the amount of land needed for Villains and such. I also don't get how it would fit into theme with Tina's ride in that area.
I guess if you re theme Big Thunder as well, but.. I kinda don't think that is on the table. I'm not convinced they will rip out all of fronterland and make it a "national parks" land.

New parade, yes okay.. 7 years to late but okay.

Villian's seemed way to "blue sky" last min thrown in there. (due to Univseral's park down the road.)

I really hope it's a show stopper, the potential to explore all the villains is huge. But design / exception / show writing / creative choices (ahem, "lets make you big...".) just scares the HELL OUT OF ME RIGHT NOW.
They will dumb this idea down way to much and muck it up.
Let's hope they really do reach into the vaults and pull the classics out for this land, instead of ignoring them.

Everything else about the presentation.. Was well.. HORRIBLE.

The pacing, the random bands / songs.
The power points that felt like they were stuck on a "loading" screen while the idea downloaded.
I dunno who the show director was, but god way to drag it out and get folks to leave half way thru.
If you don't have enough to fill the time, then just cut the show to proper length.. don't try to use random filler.
It DOES NOT work for award shows, it didn't work here.
Let me say that again "THIS IS NOT AN AWARDS SHOW"
Time slot putting it at midnight on the east cost HORRIBLE idea too.

Now all that said, 4 cruise line ships. 4!

That's got to be the most shocking thing for me to hear.
Forget DVC, Cruise is the new golden goose.

Tha Realest

Not a lot was said. So let’s focus on what wasn’t addressed.

Capacity.

I’m generally of the mind that they wanted to share positive news. They have no obligation to share or disclose that which may be negative. So, the fact we’re all wondering where many of these attractions are going is worrying.

Did I generally like some of what we heard? Sure. But what is the future for

Grizzly River Run
Star Tours DHS
Muppetvision
Tom Sawyer Island
Riverboat
Hollywoodland DCA (no big loss)

The language used was very intentional. In many cases these new attractions were referenced as an expansion. In terms of Cars/Fronteirland, they said something in the terms of a reimagining, not an expansion or “beyond” Big Thunder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom