Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SplashJacket

What you say certainly makes sense and maybe it will work better in practice.

I don't know quite how to express it, but it feels like going a bit one step too far toward making Disneyland some kind of bizarre mausoleum for Walt Disney. It is named after him, there are pictures of him and books about him for sale, his statue is in the centre, and now he is going to be re-created in audio animatronic form giving shows at regular intervals. It feels like at that point they may as well relocate his ashes to a vault on Main Street USA where people can leave flowers.

Again, though, maybe that is just my reaction!
I don’t think that’s a crazy reaction to have.

But if Walt was immortal, I don’t think it’s too crazy to think he would’ve eventually made himself as an audio animatronic. It might’ve been a bit too self-indulgent for his taste, but regardless.

Mr. Sullivan

This was not perfect. The panel was paced badly and the stuff about the cruises and Fortnight was all kinda tough to get through.

But damnit I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t super into almost all of the land/ride announcements. This is a LOT and so much of it looks so promising.

So glad that Magic Kingdom is getting spruced up. The worst castle park in the world finally getting some stuff to make it stand out. Cars’ placement is odd but the rides I’m sure can and will be great and VILLAINS LAND!!

hopemax

I will not deny there is clearly something ‘subjectively’ off putting because that’s the shared reaction I witnessed. But I think there’s a logical ‘it’s time’ to the whole matter.

Media makes people seem more recent than they really are. Really an AA Walt talking about his vision for parks seems more historically important today than Lincoln. Not even in a perverse corporate self-seving way. The man is important and not just because the company wills him so. There is clearly a statute of limitations on the whole matter and I think the company has roughly defined it as 40 years dead In past. ‘Logically’. Not the reaction everyone is going to have.

I assume this will be incredibly tasteful and they are going to tread so cautiously as a result.

Weird anecdote when I was previously figuring this all out. Walt’s dad was the same age when Lincoln died as my dad was when Walt died.
Difference is there is tons of footage of the real Walt, and even though many of us weren’t alive when he was, for adults, our Gen X childhoods included watching all the reruns of the Disneyland tv shows on the Disney Channel. It’s hard to replicate humans and human movement, which is why realistic humans in animation, even Pixar, the facial mapping, de-aging, etc is so hard to do. Your eyes (and ears) know something’s not right, even if people can’t articulate why.

BrianLo

Looks like minimum 3

Which three are you looking at? I think we must be talking about different things. I didn’t mean unique ride systems. I meant they didn’t lift Tron or Ratatouille or Rise or MMRR etc etc.

We aren’t getting Radiator Springs. They even changed Hong Kong’s Avengers Spiderman ride into something unique (looks tower of terror like) and affirmed Indy is a unique story treatment.

SplashJacket

Which three are you looking at? I think we must be talking about different things. I didn’t mean unique ride systems. I meant they didn’t lift Tron or Ratatouille or Rise or MMRR etc etc.

They even changed Hong Kong’s Avengers ride into something unique (looks tower of terror like) and affirmed Indy is a unique story treatment.
There are zero clones.

A full slate of completely unique attractions when it would’ve been very easy to do otherwise.

RSR from DCA could’ve been cloned to MK.

Avengers E from DCA could’ve been cloned to HKDL, DAW, SDL, but instead we’re getting a spider-man tower (not even Guardians), and a Spider-Man coaster.

Lion King for DAK (when it happens) is supposedly not a flume, so it’ll be unique then too.

Sir_Cliff

We aren’t getting Radiator Springs. They even changed Hong Kong’s Avengers Spiderman ride into something unique (looks tower of terror like) and affirmed Indy is a unique story treatment.
On that note, I'm curious how a Marvel-themed ToT is going to look on the edge of Tomorrowland competing with the castle for attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom