Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

JMcMahonEsq

The yeti references gave me hope that Joe Rohde managed to negotiate a fix as a condition of returning on a consulting basis.

But nope, turns out to be just a tasteless joke at the audience's expense. Trashy.
If after announcing so much new and exciting content your main concern is about a joke in connection with one single animatronic that is cost prohibitive to fix, you are 100% the target of this joke, and it is still making me laugh this morning even with the lack of sleep

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
corless is convinced this presentation has locked in Josh as ceo.
lol. No way. That’s contrary to all history. Parks heads never get over the line…by design.

A lot of that…as predicted before hand…is to protect Iger because he is on fire alert.

Seriously. That’s the real game.

So be shocked if Josh is back to taking Instagram selfies in Anaheim and Bob is on cnbc by Tuesday.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The yeti references gave me hope that Joe Rohde managed to negotiate a fix as a condition of returning on a consulting basis.

But nope, turns out to be just a tasteless joke at the audience's expense. Trashy.
Rohde is not a functioning creative with power anymore

He’s there because the company is in bad shape and they need some positive internal juju for damage control

Just like when they brought Baxter back…who to his credit told them to go pee upwind.

And Vaughn too…though he was never anything special.

BasiltheBatLord

The issue with Josh as CEO is that he has zero Hollywood experience. Have to keep in mind that Disney is still a leading Hollywood studio and half of their business is film & TV. That was part of why Iger was chosen in the first place since he had a long career in television.

Chapek had little Hollywood experience too (aside from home entertainment) and things obviously didn't go over well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The issue with Josh as CEO is that he has zero Hollywood experience. Have to keep in mind that Disney is still a leading Hollywood studio and half of their business is film & TV. That was part of why Iger was chosen in the first place since he had a long career in television.

Chapek had little Hollywood experience too and things obviously didn't go over well.
The park guy is installed to take the blame/fall if needed.

30 years…every single one

BasiltheBatLord

The park guy is installed to take the blame/fall if needed.

30 years…every single one
The circumstances around Iger's abrupt departure are still incredibly weird. Feels like something happened there that never surfaced publicly.

Some have speculated that Iger saw the early writing on the wall that things were about to hit the fan with COVID and he wanted to cash in his retirement while he still could.

There's some journalist, I forget who, who's writing a book on the Chapek vs. Iger period. Maybe we'll know more then.

aladdin2007

so for the most part except for the avengers lab thing at DCA, none of these announcements included official ride name titles/logos, is it uncool now to announce attractions without a title? I think some of it would have come off better with an actual name and not just the vague concept. No logo for Starlight either that would have been nice to see.

JusticeDisney

Disney absolutely crushed it with last night’s announcements. So many exciting things coming over the next several years, and spread out over multiple parks. Universal parks are a ton of fun, and EPIC is going to be exactly what it’s name indicates, but as I (and many others) have long said here, Disney is, always has been, and always will be, the one and only king.

Last night must have been so painful for the small handful of posters who spend countless hours on this forum claiming to be Disney fans who just want to see better, but in actuality do nothing other than bashing every Disney move and praising every Universal move.

erasure fan1

Monsters is a great idea but we really depend on what we loose for it. If it's Animation Courtyard it's a big win, if it's Muppets/Star Tours it's a big loss.
Agreed. I'd say everything they announced is positive. My only concern is what will they close. Obviously we know Dinosaur is going. But we shouldn't have to lose anymore to gain these new things.

If after announcing so much new and exciting content your main concern is about a joke in connection with one single animatronic that is cost prohibitive to fix, you are 100% the target of this joke, and it is still making me laugh this morning even with the lack of sleep
Yea, the last thing I was thinking about was the Yeti joke. But I will say, restoring the yeti as it was, yea too expensive. Coming up with a better solution than a spirit Halloween strobe light? Yea very doable and shouldn't be that expensive. These guys are supposed to be the best in the world. I guarantee a Yeti fix/reimagining would have made the place erupt. And I'm sure they could have fit in somewhere between the hours of singing. Lol

Of course it's really something they should just do. It's not something for a D23 presentation. This was a huge leap forward from the last couple D23s. So that should be the story.

SpectroPhoenix

so for the most part except for the avengers lab thing at DCA, none of these announcements included official ride name titles/logos, is it uncool now to announce attractions without a title? I think some of it would have come off better with an actual name and not just the vague concept. No logo for Starlight either that would have been nice to see.
Isn't the new Avengers ride called "Avengers Infinity Defense"?

Lilofan

I suspect:

DHS loses Animation Courtyard or Muppets/Star Tours
I suspect MK loses a chunk of ROA and TSI
I suspect DCA loses Hollywoodland and possibly GRR
DAK is losing Dinosaur land
Isn't Voyage to the Little Mermaid already closed in Anim Courtyard? If that area goes away I would not shed a tear.

Tha Realest

Isn't Voyage to the Little Mermaid already closed in Anim Courtyard? If that area goes away I would not shed a tear.
I’m not weighing in on the subjective merits of the loss of VOTLM or Monsters ride in DCA. Only that it’s clear much of these are suspected to be replacements rather than conventional expansions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom