Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sir_Cliff

Yes! Coco and Encanto are the most exciting for me by far. Avatar looks cool but will be 10 years away probably haha
I forgot about Encanto, but that did also look good to me and is exactly the sort of attraction DAK needs. In general, the Tropical Americas stuff was on the positive side of the ledger for me, but I guess I felt we already knew about it and I wasn't among those who felt the IPs were inherently inappropriate for DAK.

Riding through the world of Coco should be particularly nice, though!

WDWhopper

Nope…
It’s a Business and that’s why it won’t happen. No advantages to it
Stop acting like you know for sure what Disney is planning. You don’t know, it’s just your opinion. I have Disney employee friends, some who work pretty closely with infrastructure and design, who were really looking forward to tonight’s presentation and announcements, so that they could find out for sure about future plans. If they don’t know, you don’t know.

Sir_Cliff

I feel bad for Paris. At this point in time, they now have the worst Avengers Campus.
That whole park is a mess and they're spending a fortune for it to still be a mess.

If this new Lion King land is based on the live action version of the film, they have really lost their minds. Almost as crazy as putting an Alice In Wonderland attraction into Fantasyland based on the live action version.

1723360486609.png

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Current theory: At D23 Brazil we find out that a Brazil pavilion is coming to Epcot, with a new Three Caballeros attraction, meaning that the Gran Fiesta Tour becomes a lite version of the DCA Coco ride. The concept art looked vaguely like the IASW style scene from Gran Fiesta Tour IMO.
Interesting. I would assume they would save something for Brazil D23.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Stop acting like you know for sure what Disney is planning. You don’t know, it’s just your opinion. I have Disney employee friends, some who work pretty closely with infrastructure and design, who were really looking forward to tonight’s presentation and announcements, so that they could find out for sure about future plans. If they don’t know, you don’t know.
I do know…because I know the business numbers behind it.

It’s been discussed on these types of places for 20 years…and it always ends in the same conclusion. No need to bog this down reenacting it again

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which three are you looking at? I think we must be talking about different things. I didn’t mean unique ride systems. I meant they didn’t lift Tron or Ratatouille or Rise or MMRR etc etc.

We aren’t getting Radiator Springs. They even changed Hong Kong’s Avengers Spiderman ride into something unique (looks tower of terror like) and affirmed Indy is a unique story treatment.
Well there’s a clone to replace a clone with a clone of the original clone in dak

The Ironman thing is an exact copy of an old Epcot install

And if they’re not doing RSR in Orlando…they’re doing a mocked up version of it with another system…it would seem?

WDWhopper

I do know…because I know the business numbers behind it.

It’s been discussed on these types of places for 20 years…and it always ends in the same conclusion. No need to bog this down reenacting it again
You don’t know. I know for a fact that there have been at least three balloon tests done since 1999, with one being done within the last three years. And who cares how many times it’s been discussed on this board? What does that accomplish? Disney will do what Disney decides to do, without consulting this board. The theme park playing field is always adapting and reacting in Central Florida. Who knows what the future holds for Disney. Certainly not any of us.

BasiltheBatLord

Going to put down my thoughts in no particular order:

This presentation was excruciating to watch with the stalling and show tunes. But onto the substance...

Villians Land feels like the main thing people are going to be talking about for the next couple of years. It's awesome to see, and very glad it's going in MK (where it belongs, imo) but the anticipation is going to be high for this since it's been a classic "fanfic dream land" for decades. And I'm not confident that the current team at Disney can match high expectations.

Cars in MK was the biggest disappointment for me and I'm pretty sure is an additional step in wiping Fronteirland of its original theme.

Tropical Americas seems like a net win for DAK. Although it's a shame to lose Dinsoaur, this should ultimately be a much better land than Dino-Rama. They could have provided a bit more justification on how this fits the theme of animals, but hopefully there is more to be seen there.

Monstropolis definitely wins most unexpected. I thought that was finally dead and buried (but where is it going?)

DCA is getting a lot of much needed love, however it comes at the cost of reversing the thematic gains made with DCA 2.0. Puzzling how they continue to chip away at that after spending so much time and money and having done an all around good job with that (also, where the heck is the Coco boat ride going?)

I don't hate the Walt AA per se, but it just strikes me as bizarre and unnecessary. But it at least puts a nail in the coffin of that rumor that the company was moving away from Walt.

Last edited:

Captain Neo

Out of all the IP stuff, the villains land or “shadow lands” has always been the most requested since the late 90s. Literally every Gen X, Millenial, and Gen Z fan has fantasized about “evil fantasyland”. Which is why it got the most cheers of the night.

The Marketing department at least was well aware of it even when Michael Eisner was CEO which is why the villains had merchandising together years before Disney allowed the princesses to be grouped together and they formed the backbone of the Mickey not so scary Halloween. It was originally going to go in the back of fantasyland with the main e-ticket replacing 20k subs. You would travel through bald mountain and because it was conceptulizdd in the late 90s the ride was really dark and edgy with several versions ending with the guests “dying” and either ending up in Hell with Hades and his minions lording over or witnessing Chernobug ending the world. It sounded really awesome.

The coaster in the concept art seems like it’s the coaster from Beastly Kingdom repurposed and instead of an original dragon it’s going to be about the maleficient dragon chasing you?

WDWhopper

At the moment, a 5th park isn’t what WDW needs. The existing four need capacity.
They’ll have to remove capacity to add capacity, using existing parks. Disneyland has to do it because they’re landlocked, but there is room for 3 or 4 more parks at WDW. The sole purpose of having all of the land at WDW is so that they can keep building without having to remove things to do it. Removing Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat and the Rivers of America to build a Cars attraction is not adhering to Walt’s plan for WDW.

Nland316

There’s literallly just no pleasing some people.

MK Night Parade

VILLAINS LAND AT MK as Phase II. The fact we’re even getting just 1 phase is a big deal.

Monsters Inc. Lans with the DOOR COASTER.

Coco Boat Ride.

Avengers E-ticket + small scaled ride for capacity.

Cars Land (not even a clone).

Indiana Jones Adventure & an Encanto Ride becoming part of a new actually thematically-integrated land (replacing Disney’s worst).

And that’s just at the American Parks.

100% expect additional announcement at future D23s/over the years relating to things such as Inside Out, Lion King, Moana, Frozen, and more.

Eventually, reality will catch up to you,

Things have changed at the company. The future is bright.
DL Tomorrowland 🤞🤞🤞

WDWhopper

Not a single trackless ride. Real theme park rides are back, baby.
Could possibly the Encanto ride be trackless? There was handmade furniture eluded to in the presentation and the concept art ride vehicles aren’t very revealing. It was my daughters thought that maybe you’ll ride on this furniture and if you do, it might be trackless.

Captain Neo

Has Iger always watched in person? Could this event sway him to pick Josh as the next CEO or ya think he will keep him in the same position?

‘this is he first time I’ve seen him sitting as a guest at the parks presentation. Probably trying to get a reading on how announcements are faring with the audience. Remember it was just reported a few weeks ago that Disney parks revenue has plummeted and the past few years the parks have been getting a lot of negative press over crowds, lack of capacity, price, and lack of quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom