Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

the_rich

The cars ride in MK is just throwing me for a loop. It makes zero sense to fit it in there. Considering the amount of land needed for Villains and such. I also don't get how it would fit into theme with Tina's ride in that area.
I guess if you re theme Big Thunder as well, but.. I kinda don't think that is on the table. I'm not convinced they will rip out all of fronterland and make it a "national parks" land.

New parade, yes okay.. 7 years to late but okay.

Villian's seemed way to "blue sky" last min thrown in there. (due to Univseral's park down the road.)

I really hope it's a show stopper, the potential to explore all the villains is huge. But design / exception / show writing / creative choices (ahem, "lets make you big...".) just scares the HELL OUT OF ME RIGHT NOW.
They will dumb this idea down way to much and muck it up.
Let's hope they really do reach into the vaults and pull the classics out for this land, instead of ignoring them.

Everything else about the presentation.. Was well.. HORRIBLE.

The pacing, the random bands / songs.
The power points that felt like they were stuck on a "loading" screen while the idea downloaded.
I dunno who the show director was, but god way to drag it out and get folks to leave half way thru.
If you don't have enough to fill the time, then just cut the show to proper length.. don't try to use random filler.
It DOES NOT work for award shows, it didn't work here.
Let me say that again "THIS IS NOT AN AWARDS SHOW"
Time slot putting it at midnight on the east cost HORRIBLE idea too.

Now all that said, 4 cruise line ships. 4!

That's got to be the most shocking thing for me to hear.
Forget DVC, Cruise is the new golden goose.
This was meant for the people there. Doesn't matter how late is was on the East Coast .

fgmnt

The Indiana jones thing in dak is a cheapskate move.
We can admit that

So yes…swapping the parks for these things makes more sense

There’s a weird angle here we’re missing…is this to “buttress” the weaker IPs by parking them across the property. Not draw attention to them?

When you insist on IP and they aren’t all park caliber…that could be the calculus
I think replacing Dinoland USA with Tropical Americas is the right move but Dinosaur with Indy to be the wrong one. Were out not for the mandate, an SEA - backed story for an Amazonian excursion would feel a better fit. C'est la vie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Only if you tear out the current track, or raze the whole building.

Can't put hanging ride vehicles on a track that RVs ride on top of.
I absolutely think killing rockinroller coaster is on the table here…one of the complaints about mgm is “not kid friendly enough”…

Well that would be a step in their eyes.

Which leaves lame simulators and trackless as the “adult” rides?

MerlinTheGoat

Notice how basically every announcement is an expansion…
Are they? At least for WDW's announcements, there's a lot of reshuffling of existing land. There's substantial concern that the Cars/Villains areas are going to be at the expense of the Riverboat and TSI. Monsters Inc is also an unknown as to where it's going. Rumors are either the Animation Courtyard (according to some people here and Tom Corless) or replacing Muppets and Star Tours (according to Brayden who has proven to be a fairly accurate source as of late). Test Track 3.0 is a reskin of 2.0.. Zootopia replaces ITTBAB. Indy is a reskin of Dinosaur, Encanto/Tropical Americas is a replacement for C&H's and the Boneyard. I'm admittedly one of the people who doesn't have much against the C&H replacement, but it's not an "expansion" either.

The Leader of the Club

Removing Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat and the Rivers of America to build a Cars attraction is not adhering to Walt’s plan for WDW.
Walt's plan for WDW didn’t include Tom Sawyer or a Riverboat either. We can say “early imagineers,” we could even say “Roy Disney” if we wanted, but Walt wouldn’t care one bit if a theme park he never reallly wanted to build changed.

Brer Panther

Let's be fair to him, he has done some great things for the company like uh... he brought back Oswald over 15 years ago that was a good one. He lucked buying into Marvel at a good time too?
Plus buying PIXAR. That and Oswald and maybe Marvel were the only good things Iger has done for the company.
OMG! Disney bought Hannah Barbera!!!
They couldn't possibly treat Hanna-Barbera any worse than Warner Bros. does?
Where are Waldorf and Statler when you need them?
The Muppets were banned from entering the building. You know how much Iger hates them.
It's about animals! Why would it be other than that?
If the ride is actually going to show us the other rooms too, I wouldn't be surprised if Antonio's room is just the finale and the only part of the ride that has to do with animals.

Actually, if the ride is a midquel or prequel or whatever, that gives them a great excuse to have all the characters sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno" again.
They really don't need another coaster at DHS, even if it's a family coaster (if it's not, then it's even worse). A high capacity dark ride would be a much better option, so hopefully it isn't the Door Coaster (or isn't solely that, at least).
I agree, but if nothing else, maybe it'll at least result in slightly shorter lines for Slinky Dog Dash and Rise of the Resistance.

Then again, neither attraction helped with the long lines Toy Story Mania gets...
Is Monsters Inc. going into what used to be Animation Courtyard?
I hope so.

KDM31091

What I don't get is that way back in 1998 they had the option to make Dinosaur Indy instead, and they chose to do Dinosaur. So this feels silly that now 25+ years later, they're turning it into Indy. Is there no other idea that could have been explored, or better yet, just upgrade and improve Dinosaur?

A ridiculously easy and logical thing would be to relocate Triceratops Spin to DHS since it needs all the crowd soaking up attractions it can get, even if it's a very minor attraction and doesn't draw many people. It would be super easy to retheme it to Trixie / Toy Story.

BasiltheBatLord

What I don't get is that way back in 1998 they had the option to make Dinosaur Indy instead, and they chose to do Dinosaur. So this feels silly that now 25+ years later, they're turning it into Indy. Is there no other idea that could have been explored, or better yet, just upgrade and improve Dinosaur?
Also strikes me as a strange choice since the last Indy movie bombed and showed that the franchise has little to no staying power with Gen Z. And that was before this got greenlit.

davis_unoxx

This was not perfect. The panel was paced badly and the stuff about the cruises and Fortnight was all kinda tough to get through.

But damnit I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t super into almost all of the land/ride announcements. This is a LOT and so much of it looks so promising.

So glad that Magic Kingdom is getting spruced up. The worst castle park in the world finally getting some stuff to make it stand out. Cars’ placement is odd but the rides I’m sure can and will be great and VILLAINS LAND!!
Will it be bes castle park after villains land?

Teddybearre

IMG_4062.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think Coco and Avatar will both be DisneylandForward projects - bridges from Pixar Pier over Disneyland Drive to land behind the Pixar Place hotel.

Good luck trying to hide the hotel from the new lands, of course.
Just paint trees on the side of the hotel. I hear if you do that, you're eligible to be called the best ride in Orlando!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don’t know. I know for a fact that there have been at least three balloon tests done since 1999, with one being done within the last three years. And who cares how many times it’s been discussed on this board? What does that accomplish? Disney will do what Disney decides to do, without consulting this board. The theme park playing field is always adapting and reacting in Central Florida. Who knows what the future holds for Disney. Certainly not any of us.
Only one person makes decisions on these things…the one with the checkbook.

I hate to let you in on the reality…but they have given WDI busy work just to keep them sidetracked since at least the 90s. Ask around…if they realize it and they often dont.

Parks people are on a need to know basis and they dont need to know anything. No power. Their job is to keep the registers rolling. Now more than ever. Almost all their useful cash comes from parks and ships.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom