Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

dmc493

Was the response to the Light Magic music as muted as it sounded on the streams? I'm still beside myself about that.
Maybe a little subdued but my own struggle with a lot of the entertainment was that there was so much going on and chaotic it got hard to follow. Not sure it registered with people in the moment to elicit the right amount of applause

Stitchon

I don’t how much of that is needed / used infrastructure so it’s hard to say. I also don’t know how big this door coaster is gonna be! Haha.

I do agree that muppets / star tours makes no sense for several reasons both popularity and infrastructure wise. That leaves us with 2 locations pretty much.

I'd imagine the office buildings and parking can be shuffled around to wherever they need. A large chunk of it is the former Animation building and associated infrastructure.

Sir_Cliff

I don’t know why that’s the case. Why is ok for Walt to create animatronics of someone dead for <100 years, when they wouldn’t have even imagined it was possible, but not one for him? He’s been dead for like 55 years or whatever it is now. I think I figured he’s distinctly mid pack in terms of when AA figures for American Adventure were made.

I actually think it’s an important historical part of Disneyland inevitably, once the weirdness wears off. Almost none of us were actually alive when Walt was. It’s maybe the Disney companies fault for brandishing him about so often that he seems more recent than he really is or this seems corporate and crass. But he deserves to be immortalized every bit as Lincoln.
I definitely see your point and perhaps my reaction is not logical. It does kind of feel to me like going to Cher's house and finding she has an unnervingly realistic audio animatronic Sonny Bono sitting in the living room.

Maybe it's something to do with it being Disney reanimating their founder that seems a little perverse.

WDWhopper

This is why there needs to be a fifth park at Walt Disney World. Simply replacing old lands at existing parks with new lands does not add enough new capacity. There is enough room at WDW for three or four more parks. At some point, it only makes sense to clear a big section and build a new park. It’s the only way to really raise capacity.

BrianLo

I definitely see your point and perhaps my reaction is not logical. It does kind of feel to me like going to Cher's house and finding she has an unnervingly realistic audio animatronic Sonny Bono sitting in the living room greeting you and talking about his life.

Maybe it's something to do with it being Disney reanimating their founder that seems a little perverse.

I will not deny there is clearly something ‘subjectively’ off putting because that’s the shared reaction I witnessed. But I think there’s a logical ‘it’s time’ to the whole matter.

Media makes people seem more recent than they really are. Really an AA Walt talking about his vision for parks seems more historically important today than Lincoln. Not even in a perverse corporate self-seving way. The man is important and not just because the company wills him so. There is clearly a statute of limitations on the whole matter and I think the company has roughly defined it as 40 years dead In past. ‘Logically’. Not the reaction everyone is going to have.

I assume this will be incredibly tasteful and they are going to tread so cautiously as a result.

Weird anecdote when I was previously figuring this all out. Walt’s dad was the same age when Lincoln died as my dad was when Walt died.

Matt7187

Current theory: At D23 Brazil we find out that a Brazil pavilion is coming to Epcot, with a new Three Caballeros attraction, meaning that the Gran Fiesta Tour becomes a lite version of the DCA Coco ride. The concept art looked vaguely like the IASW style scene from Gran Fiesta Tour IMO.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

One thing I am disappointed didn' get announced at D23 2024 was something regarding a Hollywoodland replacement. I am of the firm belief Avatar will go in the Simba lot so it can be fully fleshed out and not compromised by things like the monorail beam.

Since Disney would obviously want to address all things within DCA before expanding into the Simba lot, I hoped something would be announced regarding HL. Perhaps news regarding the fate of HL land will come out at D23 2026.

Disney Analyst

Was out all night, but lurking the streams and twitter while I could.

Wow! So the winner of the night is DCA, right?? That new Avatar land and ride looks incredible.

Finally doing a boat ride, Coco themed, probably off the pier somehow!

And Avengers Campus getting two new attractions, one of which is a slightly thrilling C to D ticket? Heck yes.

Villainsland looks incredible also, as does the door coaster. The Dinoland redo is definitely an upgrade.

Only miss for me is Cars at MK, which feels out of place. I sincerely hope they can make it work.

Sir_Cliff

I will not deny there is clearly something ‘subjectively’ off putting because that’s the shared reaction I witnessed. But I think there’s a logical ‘it’s time’ to the whole matter.

Media makes people seem more recent than they really are. Really an AA Walt talking about his vision for parks seems more historically important today than Lincoln. Not even in a perverse corporate self-seving way. The man is important and not just because the company wills him so. There is clearly a statute of limitations on the whole matter and I think the company has roughly defined it as 40 years dead In past. ‘Logically’. Not the reaction everyone is going to have.

I assume this will be incredibly tasteful and they are going to tread so cautiously as a result.

Weird anecdote when I was previously figuring this all out. Walt’s dad was the same age when Lincoln died as my dad was when Walt died.
What you say certainly makes sense and maybe it will work better in practice.

I don't know quite how to express it, but it feels like going a bit one step too far toward making Disneyland some kind of bizarre mausoleum for Walt Disney. It is named after him, there are pictures of him and books about him for sale, his statue is in the centre, and now he is going to be re-created in audio animatronic form giving shows at regular intervals. It feels like at that point they may as well relocate his ashes to a vault on Main Street USA where people can leave flowers.

Again, though, maybe that is just my reaction!

hopemax

One thing I am disappointed didn' get announced at D23 2024 was something regarding a Hollywoodland replacement. I am of the firm belief Avatar will go in the Simba lot so it can be fully fleshed out and not compromised by things like the monorail beam.

Since Disney would obviously want to address all things within DCA before expanding into the Simba lot, I hoped something would be announced regarding HL. Perhaps news regarding the fate of HL land will come out at D23 2026.
I thought the Avengers expansion was taking over Hollywoodland with one ride going in the Monsters Inc space. The whole “Avengers Campus is doubling in size.”

SplashJacket

there’s not room there - I’m guessing it replaces sky school.
IMG_5028.png

This is the spot. There’s far more room here than there is at Sky School (it’s a super compact coaster).

I assume construction doesn’t start until 2026 to time expansions to a satisfying manner and to allow for more time to relocate back stage buildings.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 808119
This is the spot. There’s far more room here than there is at Sky School (it’s a super compact coaster).

I assume construction doesn’t start until 2026 to time expansions to a satisfying manner and to allow for more time to relocate back stage buildings.

This is where I’ve always said they should put a “Tunnel of Love” themed ride.

Here we go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom