Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Moth

One theory i'm surprised I haven't seen from people: the entire three hour event was really for the Fortnite gang. The D23 audience was tertiary, but they're setting expectations so the Fortnite audience will cry and scream and bang their little heads on the floor until they get to go to D23 in 2026 to see Deadpool being SO RANDOM with Chromeo and Rita Ora (or their equivalents). I think that's the main reason they turned into such an event.
I'd believe that if the Fortnite community wasn't actively yelling for the park panel to stop stalling so they can get to their stuff. It got delayed twice.

Sir_Cliff

Oh the actual I think “poorly received announcement” was the Walt Disney Animatronic. Not sure how it played here, but people in Anaheim I think were maybe caught off guard or felt it was too soon?

We’ve already sort of litigated that here that Walt has been dead longer than people realize and is far more dead than many other historical figures Disney has made animatronics for already.
I must say, that whole idea seems very creepy to me. It's a little bit hard to put my finger on why it seems creepier than rendering other historical figures in AA form, but reanimating Walt to speak to us at the parks just hits me that way.

Stitchon

I'd believe that if the Fortnite community wasn't actively yelling for the park panel to stop stalling so they can get to their stuff. It got delayed twice.
Oh, believe me, I think they've very much misjudged their audience and I don't think Fortnite (or the entire "metaverse" nonsense) will be a lasting thing. But I think that the rationale behind it is as I described.

TrainsOfDisney

Corless said on the livestream monstroplous is not replacing muppets and is replacing animation courtyard and also riverboat and tom sawyer island are gone.
Who?

I don’t see how monstropolous goes into animation courtyard but maybe if the coaster is pretty small? History wise it would be a shame to lose the animation building and I thought they were using that for a mix of uses.

Stitchon

Who?

I don’t see how monstropolous goes into animation courtyard but maybe if the coaster is pretty small? History wise it would be a shame to lose the animation building and I thought they were using that for a mix of uses.
1723357752291.png

In theory, all of the highlighted land is in play. That's not an insignificant amount of space - 6.5 acres / about 280,000 square feet.

vikescaper

Overall, I think I am happy with what was announced. The only real disappointments for me were Cars, the SSE bar and the fact they didn’t say where some of the new rides are going. Liked this presentation much better than the 2022 announcements.

BrianLo

I must say, that whole idea seems very creepy to me. It's a little bit hard to put my finger on why it seems creepier than rendering other historical figures in AA form, but reanimating Walt to speak to us at the parks just hits me that way.

I don’t know why that’s the case. Why is ok for Walt to create animatronics of someone dead for <100 years, when they wouldn’t have even imagined it was possible, but not one for him? He’s been dead for like 55 years or whatever it is now. I think I figured he’s distinctly mid pack in terms of when AA figures for American Adventure were made.

I actually think it’s an important historical part of Disneyland inevitably, once the weirdness wears off. Almost none of us were actually alive when Walt was. It’s maybe the Disney companies fault for brandishing him about so often that he seems more recent than he really is or this seems corporate and crass. But he deserves to be immortalized every bit as Lincoln.

Stitchon

Also my seat was next to the production booth tonight and I can proudly say I knew about every announcement approximately 5-10 seconds before the general public by reading their teleprompter screens. Was also funny watching D’Amaro and others stumble their way thru some sections
Was the response to the Light Magic music as muted as it sounded on the streams? I'm still beside myself about that.

TrainsOfDisney

View attachment 808110

In theory, all of the highlighted land is in play. That's not an insignificant amount of space - 6.5 acres / about 280,000 square feet.
I don’t how much of that is needed / used infrastructure so it’s hard to say. I also don’t know how big this door coaster is gonna be! Haha.

I do agree that muppets / star tours makes no sense for several reasons both popularity and infrastructure wise. That leaves us with 2 locations pretty much.

dmc493

Was the response to the Light Magic music as muted as it sounded on the streams? I'm still beside myself about that.
Maybe a little subdued but my own struggle with a lot of the entertainment was that there was so much going on and chaotic it got hard to follow. Not sure it registered with people in the moment to elicit the right amount of applause

Stitchon

I don’t how much of that is needed / used infrastructure so it’s hard to say. I also don’t know how big this door coaster is gonna be! Haha.

I do agree that muppets / star tours makes no sense for several reasons both popularity and infrastructure wise. That leaves us with 2 locations pretty much.

I'd imagine the office buildings and parking can be shuffled around to wherever they need. A large chunk of it is the former Animation building and associated infrastructure.

Sir_Cliff

I don’t know why that’s the case. Why is ok for Walt to create animatronics of someone dead for <100 years, when they wouldn’t have even imagined it was possible, but not one for him? He’s been dead for like 55 years or whatever it is now. I think I figured he’s distinctly mid pack in terms of when AA figures for American Adventure were made.

I actually think it’s an important historical part of Disneyland inevitably, once the weirdness wears off. Almost none of us were actually alive when Walt was. It’s maybe the Disney companies fault for brandishing him about so often that he seems more recent than he really is or this seems corporate and crass. But he deserves to be immortalized every bit as Lincoln.
I definitely see your point and perhaps my reaction is not logical. It does kind of feel to me like going to Cher's house and finding she has an unnervingly realistic audio animatronic Sonny Bono sitting in the living room.

Maybe it's something to do with it being Disney reanimating their founder that seems a little perverse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom