Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TrainsOfDisney

If the building exists and the people are to scale -monsters inc. would be taking over rock n roller coaster. But those are 2 major ifs from concept art.

Didn’t Josh say something about laugh floor? Could laugh floor move into racing academy and then “scare floor” is in the rock n roller building?

Epcot82Guy

Digesting this all a bit... my overall reaction is more confusion than anything. I'm not against a good number of the announcements. But several (like Cars) leaves me just wondering "why"... 50% of this seems like legitimately good additions, especially if the stories/themes are well done. But, there were several odd things - and some notable missing elements.

We'll also have to see what actually gets off the ground in the coming years.

I will say, I walked away much more excited from the Epic Universe model at CityWalk than I did from this. Noting somet of the things look like they could be legitimately great if done properly.

MagicHappens1971

If the building exists and the people are to scale -monsters inc. would be taking over rock n roller coaster. But those are 2 major ifs from concept art.
I highly doubt this.
Didn’t Josh say something about laugh floor? Could laugh floor move into racing academy and then “scare floor” is in the rock n roller building?
He said “it’s laughter they’re after”, which is the Laugh Floors like thing but I could see them moving it. I’m skeptical about that and highly doubt that they’re touching RnRC

HMF

Correct

A cars ride makes no sense in magic kingdom

Especially if you’re gonna load more Pixar in mgm
As I have been saying since TSL was announced. What they should have done is expand the Pixar Place area as it existed from 2008 through 2017 and put all the Pixar attractions there. It would be cost effective, Keep Pixar out of the other parks and keep within the studio theme.

hopemax

The concern I have about the Cars project is... via a hobby, I have an online friend who does something engineering but not WDI for Disney in FL. Like worked on two projects that have come to fruition. I was talking in hobby chat about this thread and Cars for Frontierland and how awful. Later in the evening, friend, in all caps, wanted to know who leaked, and I said Brayden. So I'm afraid that things have gone beyond WDI bluesky, to where other departments are actually working on it, this time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Encanto/Indiana Jones land could work perfectly Beyond Big Thunder instead of Cars. Then instead of Cars in MK, AK gets a new Avatar ride and (2D animated) Lion King.
The Indiana jones thing in dak is a cheapskate move.
We can admit that

So yes…swapping the parks for these things makes more sense

There’s a weird angle here we’re missing…is this to “buttress” the weaker IPs by parking them across the property. Not draw attention to them?

When you insist on IP and they aren’t all park caliber…that could be the calculus

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The concern I have about the Cars project is... via a hobby, I have an online friend who does something engineering but not WDI for Disney in FL. Like worked on two projects that have come to fruition. I was talking in hobby chat about this thread and Cars for Frontierland and how awful. Later in the evening, friend, in all caps, wanted to know who leaked, and I said Brayden. So I'm afraid that things have gone beyond WDI bluesky, to where other departments are actually working on it, this time.
Honestly…you shouldn’t believe any of that crap

BrianLo

I can't see them not doing anything with Moana. It's a hot IP and they're loving boat rides. It has to be something for the next D23.

For Magic Kingdom. I agree the ride concept is hard to imagine doesn’t get shopped somewhere.

Since they seem very no-clones focused all of a sudden, I could actually see it shopped to OLC for TDS’ final port.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the most bizarre D23 I’ve seen to date. Genuinely overwhelmed. Very excited, very disappointed, don’t know how to feel
TWDC company…and certain components of it…are in a stange, rather precarious position

I think fan con here is a reflection of how complicated that probably is behind the scenes?

doctornick

I can't see them not doing anything with Moana. It's a hot IP and they're loving boat rides. It has to be something for the next D23.

It's weird because I'd agree that MK doesn't really need if if the Cars and Villains expansions happen - that's plenty of new stuff for the park and other other parks have much more pressing capacity needs.

But Moana in Adventureland is just such a perfect fit that it feels inevitable for it to go there.

I mean, maybe instead they might be considering an Oceania expansion for DAK with Moana as the anchor attraction? That's about the only thing I can think of that would make sense instead.

TrainsOfDisney

They really did ‘up’ the whole presentation into quite the spectacle.
Agreed - I’m really impressed with that they did. Some of it made my eyes roll but they spent some serious money to make this experience way bigger than in years past.
I’m skeptical about that and highly doubt that they’re touching RnRC
I highly doubt they are building a new building that can house an indoor coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom