Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

Oh the actual I think “poorly received announcement” was the Walt Disney Animatronic. Not sure how it played here, but people in Anaheim I think were maybe caught off guard or felt it was too soon?

We’ve already sort of litigated that here that Walt has been dead longer than people realize and is far more dead than many other historical figures Disney has made animatronics for already.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh the actual I think “poorly received announcement” was the Walt Disney Animatronic. Not sure how it played here, but people in Anaheim I think were maybe caught off guard or felt it was too soon?

We’ve already sort of litigated that here that Walt has been dead longer than people realize and is far more dead than many other historical figures Disney has made animatronics for already.
That’s cringey and beyond poor taste

I’m more comfortable with the rapping Tupac hologram…frankly

AdventureHasAName

I've been saying for 20 years that Main Street USA needs a Walt walk-around impersonator.

WDWhopper

Three main takeaways. First off, I guess with the announcement of a villains land at Magic Kingdom, it puts the villains park off the table. Second, I am actually relieved that they didn’t announce a new park for Disney World. With the group that is in there right now, I don’t think they would be able to pull off an amazing park. Land is at such a premium at all the Disney parks, when a new park is announced, the group that is in there will have to be up there with the best that Disney has ever produced, because we’ll all have to live with the fruits of their labor for decades. And lastly, what was up with that Shaboozey guy? Was that song just too low for him or did he just not care? He was so monotone and lifeless, I thought he was a precursor to an announcement for something at the haunted mansion. 😄 Overall it was nice to see so much announced for Disney World.

duncedoof

It's going to be a PR nightmare. From what I've seen: Walt is a little controversial these days. Combine that with the inevitable implementation of AI in this project, and the ethical lens of it all. I really don't know why they went ahead with this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Three main takeaways. First off, I guess with the announcement of a villains land at Magic Kingdom, it puts the villains park off the table. Second, I am actually relieved that they didn’t announce a new park for Disney World. With the group that is in there right now, I don’t think they would be able to pull off an amazing park. Land is at such a premium at all the Disney parks, when a new park is announced, the group that is in there will have to be up there with the best that Disney has ever produced, because we’ll all have to live with the fruits of their labor for decades. And lastly, what was up with that Shaboozey guy? Was that song just too low for him or did he just not care? He was so monotone and lifeless, I thought he was a precursor to an announcement for something about the haunted mansion. 😄 Overall it was nice to see so much announced for Disney World.
What takes the park off the table is that there is zero reason to build one and it’s been that way since 1998

Matt7187

There was more than one reference to the Yeti tonight. What do you think are the odds that they will fix the Yeti as a future phase of DAK work?
I would have to imagine that there need to be at least 2 more major additions to the park before you close Everest for a long period of time for a truly cosmetic reason

Stripes

Premium Member
D23 Brazil is in November. The Lion King (2019) is the 4th highest grossing film of all time in Brazil. For context, it’s the 17th highest in the U.S.

I wonder…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom