D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wasn't watching the livestream at that point. I think it makes no sense and I hate it if true. Like for sure or was it an offhand comment about Tiana being out in the bayou? Bayou country? Featuring a ton of Pine trees, rustic charm, the Country Bears and Winnie the Pooh. Man, they are forcing Tiana into that side of the park in every imaginable. Doesn't Critter Country make more sense considering everything the land encompasses?
It is true, and confirmed in the Parks Blog I linked in that post.

And as I've been saying all along it makes the most sense for it to be an extension of NOS, which it appears they are leaning into here.

"Bayou Country is situated on the edge of New Orleans Square with shady trees, mesmerizing music and a vast collection of enchanting surprises. Guests will discover a land filled with friendly woodland animals, from a trumpet-playing gator and an adorable bear who craves honey to a musical cast of bears, frogs, and other critters."

TP2000

I got home from dinner at 10:15pm. Then I spent about 40 minutes trying to fast forward through a livestream from some kid with an iPhone up in the nosebleed seats. But it went on and on and on... for three hours?!? And it wrapped up just before I got home?

After the first hour of the feed, I couldn't figure out if I was watching a D23 Expo Parks Panel, or if The Hollywood Palace had returned to the airwaves as a 3 hour long version of its old self??? What the heck was that!?! Song after song, spangly sparkly singer after spangly sparkly singer, some B List celebrities, more sparkly singers, some C List celebrities, people I'd never heard of talking about stuff I've never heard of, more sparkly singers, a 40 piece live orchestra (a nice touch, actually!), but then more sparkly singers and more C List celebrities.... And Josh D'Amaro acting as host yet severely underdressed in jeans and a zip up like he's an upper-middle class dad driving the Land Rover on a weekend Costco run. 🧐

What just happened in Anaheim? I think I got more intel from the apres' court gossip at the Marine Room tonight. 🤣

So, am I right in thinking after that very long variety show tonight, what we got confirmed for Anaheim was a less vague mention of the long-delayed Avengers E Ticket, plus a C Ticket spinner thing next door, and a Walt animatronic in the Disneyland Opera House? Did I miss anything trying to fast forward past another sparkly singer segment?

Is that it? I can't bear to try and go back and watch that 3 hour long variety show, er... D23 Expo Parks Panel, uh nope.... Horizons: Disney Experiences Showcase, Hosted by Josh D'amaro. I think I'd rather watch a far more entertaining episode of The Hollywood Palace.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
It is true, and confirmed in the Parks Blog I linked in that post.

And as I've been saying all along it makes the most sense for it to be an extension of NOS, which it appears they are leaning into here.

"Bayou Country is situated on the edge of New Orleans Square with shady trees, mesmerizing music and a vast collection of enchanting surprises. Guests will discover a land filled with friendly woodland animals, from a trumpet-playing gator and an adorable bear who craves honey to a musical cast of bears, frogs, and other critters."

Is that really what you were saying all along though? I thought you said something like NOS was going to swallow up TBA and all of Critter Country? Anyway, I hate it. Completely unnecessary and I don't think it was the plan all along as the Mark Twain spiel had Tiana joining "Critter Country" and they've been working around that sign forever. Tiana brought nothing good to Disneyland. Who would have thought the IP peaked with Eudora's?

captveg

So, am I right in thinking after that very long variety show tonight, what we got confirmed for Anaheim was a vague mention of the long-delayed Avengers E Ticket, plus a C Ticket spinner thing next door, and a Walt animatronic in the Disneyland Opera House? Did I miss anything trying to fast forward past another sparkly singer segment?

Is that it?

More DCA Avatar art and info (boat ride confirmed) and Coco boat ride for DCA.

Mandalorian & Grogu mission for Millennium Falcon.

Tiana opening date of 11/15.

Critter Country being renamed Bayou Country.

TP2000

More DCA Avatar art and info (boat ride confirmed) and Coco boat ride for DCA.

Oh, heck. You're kidding! I have to go back and sift through more spangly sparkly singers then to find that stuff?

Why aren't there dedicated threads for those two things on this forum already?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is that really what you were saying all along though? I thought you said something like NOS was going to swallow up TBA and all of Critter Country? Anyway, I hate it. Completely unnecessary and I don't think it was the plan all along as the Mark Twain spiel had Tiana joining "Critter Country" and they've been working around that sign forever. Tiana brought nothing good to Disneyland. Who would have thought the IP peaked with Eudora's?
Yes that is what I was saying, but wouldn't have been surprised if they just made it officially part of NOS.

Anyways I never took the Mark Twain spiel as an official statement of their plan to keep CC. Rather that they weren't giving away their plans.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Is the backlot and Bus transpo area really enough room? This thing looks massive. I want to believe they move it over to Simba, turn the backlot into Monstropolis and bring over the Door's coaster. To be announced at the next D23. I'm fine with that clone.

captveg

And with Pandora and Coco it is still apparently called California Adventure - or something.
Tokyo Disney Sea isn't about Tokyo history, so whatever. Once they dropped the 's from Disney's it became "a Disney theme park that is in California." And that was over a decade ago. Gotta let the 2001 theming intention go, like many of the rides from 2001.

captveg

Is the backlot and Bus transpo area really enough room? This thing looks massive. I want to believe they move it over to Simba, turn the backlot into Monstropolis and bring over the Door's coaster. To be announced at the next D23. I'm fine with that clone.

It's either there and takes up the entire area including the Animation building and the Hyperion in addition to the bus depot, or it's the new cornerstone land across the street from Pixar Pier that takes over the parking lot next to the Pixar Pier Hotel.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd have to go back and measure it, but wasn't the backlot and transportation hub something like 20+ acres. So I think that is enough room, in my opinion anyways.

captveg

Who had a 4th ride for AC on their bingo card? What is the point of that thing? A C ticket flat ride with a 48 inch height requirement?

The point is that it takes up a bit of land that would have simply been unused next to the new E-ticket show building and draws a few people away from other rides you want to go on. DCA needs a few small real estate rides like this anyway.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

If they are planning on building a new shopping, dinning, and entertainment district on the Toy Story Lot, they should have leveled Downtown Disney and used that as an expansion pad for Disneyland or DCA.

captveg

If they are planning on building a new shopping, dinning, and entertainment district on the Toy Story Lot, they should have leveled Downtown Disney and used that as an expansion pad for Disneyland or DCA.
I get the feeling that part of DF will be developed further down the road than the parking lots near DL/DCA/DL Hotel. So I'm frankly not expecting news for that footprint for a decade or so.

TP2000

The point is that it takes up a bit of land that would have simply been unused next to the new E-ticket show building and draws a few people away from other rides you want to go on. DCA needs a few small real estate rides like this anyway.

To be fair, DCA, and all of the Disneyland Resort, has plenty of B and C Ticket spinner rides like this already. It's the Florida parks that have a dearth of these types of filler rides, and all four WDW parks need them. They should have announced a dozen new C Tickets for WDW, three in each park, to simply begin to catch up with Anaheim.

That said, I'm not opposed to more B and C Tickets in the Anaheim parks. The more the merrier. I'd certainly rather have this little C Ticket thrill ride thing than have that land allocated to a store or a snack bar or just a landscaped mound of dirt.

At WDW they've got lots of landscaped mounds and shops, but hardly any C Tickets. Anaheim wins this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom