D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
lol. I'm thinking Avatar was greenlit first. Then Coco being in the same park as Soarin perhaps saved it from being the Soarin/ screen ride pitched for DCA. No reason it couldn't have a been suspended ride though unless maybe capacity?
What was the last suspended ride Disney did? Possible that ride system isn't ideal anymore like it was back in the day.

D.Silentu

There could, and likely will, be a thread dedicated to the Walt animatronic. At the risk of having to repeat myself when that’s inevitably created, I was looking at the artwork of the abbreviated set for Lincoln when the show goes rotational. I don’t mind the scenery going minimalist, but I will be disappointed if they can’t work in the finale where the setting sun forms an American flag in the sky. It was moving when I was a kid and still gets me all these years later.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There could, and likely will, be a thread dedicated to the Walt animatronic. At the risk of having to repeat myself when that’s inevitably created, I was looking at the artwork of the abbreviated set for Lincoln when the show goes rotational. I don’t mind the scenery going minimalist, but I will be disappointed if they can’t work in the finale where the setting sun forms an American flag in the sky. It was moving when I was a kid and still gets me all these years later.
Already a thread for it -

waltography

On the shuttle back to the convention center from the showcase so I’m just gonna jot down my quick thoughts and add later. All in all it was a surprisingly decent time:

• I know the musical interludes weren’t as fun at home, but I think it being held in the Honda Center + the fact that seats to this panel were a separate ticketed event made the concert/panel hybrid really entertaining. The full orchestra was incredible in person, the Sherman Brothers tribute and Billy Crystal both got a standing ovation, and lots of surprising guest stars made my ticket feel worth it. (Certainly better to fill the time than blue sky!)
  • The intro music medley was incredible. Chris Lennertz you damn genius.
  • Also kudos to the Broadway luminaries that graced the stage, and god bless Eden Espinosa.
  • Super happy with what DLR got this go around. Avatar looks gorgeous with the Shanghai Pirates system, Coco was an awesome surprise, and Avengers Campus really feels like it’s gonna be rounded out.
  • The reaction to the Walt AA in the stadium was muted, kind of like in shock? Not necessarily in a bad way, but I know people are gonna be divided over this.
  • Sad we lost Monstropolis to DHS but I’m glad it lives on!
  • Cars in Frontierland is totally left-field; initial reaction is I hate it but we’ll see.
  • Tropical Americas is genuinely so exciting to hear about. Can’t wait to see more at the Imagineering pavilion tomorrow.
  • Wish we saw more info on Test Track.
  • Villains Kingdom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom