D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They (well Deadpool) referenced and poked at the F! dragon fire incident.

Now would've been the time to announce the return of the dragon with a new animatronic. Especially with the home/local crowd in attendance.
If that rumor is true, I don't think its returning until after the 70th. So will probably wait until 2026.

Nland316

I think they're really waiting for the DisneylandForward expansion for the major DL additions.
That was my takeaway too. I’m sure we will get some clearer news as well as we get closer to the 70th for what those offerings look like.

I think the panel succeeded in exactly the way it needed to. Some musical moments felt too filler ish, but I didn’t mind since it didn’t seem to compromise any announcements.

Interestingly enough, D’Amaro gave major CEO vibes tonight. His interaction with celebrities and the way he carried himself really stood out to me the most. I wonder if tonight shifts anything in his favor in Iger’s / the board’s eyes.

Misted Compass

Overall I think DLR got the most love this D23. Yes most of it is for DCA, but lets face it DCA needs the most attention. So its good. DCA will become a full day park and will be able to stand on its own. DL proper will get more when DLForward starts its expansion.
Not WDW? It had more rides announced for it than DLR did, with 5 rides being announced vs. the 4 for DLR, and that's not even including the Villains land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That was my takeaway too. I’m sure we will get some clearer news as well as we get closer to the 70th for what those offerings look like.

I think the panel succeeded in exactly the way it needed to. Some musical moments felt too filler ish, but I didn’t mind since it didn’t seem to compromise any announcements.

Interestingly enough, D’Amaro gave major CEO vibes tonight. His interaction with celebrities and the way he carried himself really stood out to me the most. I wonder if tonight shifts anything in his favor in Iger’s / the board’s eyes.
Agree on Josh's performance. But I think this was more about showing the public. I think if he is tapped Iger and the board already made that decision.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not WDW? It had more rides announced for it than DLR did, with 5 rides being announced vs. the 4 for DLR, and that's not even including the Villains land.
To me the only thing that would tip it in WDW favor is the new nighttime parade. But overall to me it was still DLR that got the most love. Just my opinion of couse, so YMMV.

mickEblu

Original Poster
My Final Thoughts

What was announced:
Very positive but the Cars Land/ Frontierland MK news is such a downer that it dampens the mood on an otherwise pretty solid evening. How much of the ROA/ TSI will survive, if any? Makes me worry about our Frontierland too but I think we should be OK.

DCA came up big time. Coco boat ride a great surprise. Avatar boat ride looks like it has the potential to be phenomenal. Avengers E ticket is a solid addition. Not sure if that Tony Stark ride will be worth "its salt"or the room it'll take up.

Jealous of the Monsters Inc coaster for DHS and I'm just weirded out on how they refuse to give DLR another coaster. Since our last coaster... California Screaming in 2001, WDW has received 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Tron, Expedition Everest, Slinky Dog and Cosmic Rewind. I also think that it would make so much sense in the Hollywood backlot and they'd most likely still have enough room where they wouldn't have to dismantle Monsters Inc. But it seems that we're in a new era. The anti clone era so that may have something to do with it.

Cautiously optimistic about Great Moments with Walt

Villains land looks really cool

Don't have any issues with Indy or Encanto other than to say Encanto should be an ominmover or trackless ride.

Hoping one of those new ships is for the West Coast. Id love to be able to get on a new ship and not have to fly out to Florida to do it.

What wasn't announced: Obviously a little disappointed we didn't hear about TL but the attention is going to the park that needs it for now and that's DCA. A little disappointed we didn't hear about any of the DL Forward (non Eastern Gateway) stuff but for all we know Avatar may be a part of it and I don't really care about anything that's more than 5-10 years out anyway.

Overall: Pretty content with what was announced for DLR. We re getting a Super E ticket with Avatar and that land looks stunning. Hopefully it ends up close to the concept art. Coco was a nice surprise and will probably be a nice D ticket. When they announced that 4th ride for AC I thought it was a coaster for a sec so that was a bit of a let down. Obviously not enough room for one but in the moment...

Anyway, will any of this turn out great? Who knows. I certainly think the Avatar ride has a ton of potential (and it isn't replacing anything of too much value) but I've been disappointed a lot lately. Coco Im just happy is not going to be a screen based ride and that's huge. It needed to just be a charming practical ride. That's what I have always seen for this IP. Not some Soarin 2.0. You cant lose with Coco and Avatar. I was standing inside the pizza place in Paradise Gardens yesterday and was wondering how long it is for this world. It's huge and always empty. I wonder if Coco will wipe out a good chunk of that area. I hope that Paradise Gardens will survive. It's my favorite spot in the park. Lastly, im slightly worried about Hollywood Blvd and the trolleys fate.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Great communication Imagineers!

Team Avatar: I know…LET’S DO A BOAT RIDE!! Shh don’t tell the Coco team.

Team Coco: I know…LET’S DO A BOAT RIDE!! Shh don’t tell the Avatar team.

Josh D: OOoOoOoOoOohhhh! Groupon for Boat Rides.
DL has 3 boat rides while DCA has none, unless you count Grizzly River. So adding two to DCA's ride profiles doesn't bother me in the least.

RedGinger

My Final Thoughts

... but the Cars Land/ Frontierland MK news is such a downer that it dampens the mood on an otherwise pretty solid evening. How much of the ROA/ TSI will survive, if any?
I don't like it. "... Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America..." (I know it's for MK, not DL, but still). Slowly turning Disney Parks into IP showcases, IMO, is slowly whittling away what made Disney parks special and unique.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Great communication Imagineers!

Team Avatar: I know…LET’S DO A BOAT RIDE!! Shh don’t tell the Coco team.

Team Coco: I know…LET’S DO A BOAT RIDE!! Shh don’t tell the Avatar team.

Josh D: OOoOoOoOoOohhhh! Groupon for Boat Rides.

lol. I'm thinking Avatar was greenlit first. Then Coco being in the same park as Soarin perhaps saved it from being the Soarin/ screen ride pitched for DCA. No reason it couldn't have a been suspended ride though unless maybe capacity?

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think we have to take a Moment to appreciate none of these new additions at DCA are replacing any beloved attractions. What if Avatar went into Grizzly Peak or they rethemed Soarin to be the new Coco ride? with that said, I'm thinking Hyperion is probably gone. Possibly Animation but I don't think so. Not sure about Paradise Gardens and Goofy's Sky School either. That would be something if instead of gaining one, DLR loses a coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom