D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Gusey

Final Predictions:
  • 70th anniversary entertainment announced
  • Avengers E-Ticket update, potential opening year
  • Avatar Experience location confirmed (Disneyland, DCA or Disneyland Forward plot)
  • "New Critter Country" update, including TBA opening date
  • Nothing for Tomorrowland but a tease that something's in the works

britain

• Nothing for Tomorrowland but a tease that something's in the works

If their hope is that the retro Fantastic Four is going to be big and they’ll use that for Tomorrowland inspiration, then yeah, that probably is too far away to commit to anything. But really, better to not mention ANYTHING than to just give yet another tease. Ugh!

brb1006

Pepper Ann, TJ from 90's classic Recess, Dipper & Mabel Pines, Star Butterfly, Cassandra & Varian(alongside Rapunzel & Flynn), Moon Girl's BFF Casey Calderon, Cricket & Tilly Green, Anne and her friends from Amphibia, Luz and her friends from The Boiling Isles, Molly McGee with her friends from Brighton & the Ghost World, Kiff, Penny Proud, Hailey & Scott,
Unless its Phineas and Ferb, Disney doesn't knowledge characters from Disney Television Animation at the the Disney Parks.

PiratesMansion

That’s good. Sorry WDW. Name one good/ big thing that we have gotten in the last few years that they haven’t? Zilch. They also have GE, ROTR, MMRR. But instead of Tron, Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Skinky Dog etc we got retheme downgrades like Mission Breakout.
While I haven't done *all* of those, I do think based on the ones I have done, the WDW roster of attractions definitely is flashier but isn't THAT much better than what we got.

I'm all for more/better investment in DLR, but from my end of things Tron and Ratatouille aren't it. If we can get altered versions that fit DL better and/or dramatically improve on their original/WDW versions, fine; otherwise, I'd prefer something else.

mickEblu

Original Poster
While I haven't done *all* of those, I do think based on the ones I have done, the WDW roster of attractions definitely is flashier but isn't THAT much better than what we got.

I'm all for more/better investment in DLR, but from my end of things Tron and Ratatouille aren't it. If we can get altered versions that fit DL better and/or dramatically improve on their original/WDW versions, fine; otherwise, I'd prefer something else.

So you re saying Cosmic Rewind, Tron, Slinky, Ratatouille is only slightly better than Webslingers and a bunch of DCA downgrade rethemes?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Im getting the sense there’s at least one big surprise for Disneyland. It’s only Thursday and we’ve already seen behind the scenes video for Avengers and Avatar has already been confirmed. Not to mention Potrock saying DLR will be getting a lot of announcements. There has to be at least one big surprise. Tomorrowland/ PeopleMover? Frozen? Third Gate? Coco ride at DCA? I don’t know about the latter. That would be a lot of announcements for DCA. Not that it doesn’t need the help.

Last edited:

TP2000

Apparently at the D23 Expo Media/Influencer Preview Party tonight, aside from senior Disney executives saying four letter cuss words into microphones, it was repeatedly stated that Josh D'Amaro would have a lot of "big announcements" on Saturday.

And the WDI Pavilion would thus be updated overnight to show those new concepts and projects by Sunday morning.

Could Sidekick Tightpants finally put out after all this time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom