D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TP2000

I'm wondering (if I haven't missed it somewhere already) when they'll start posting links to watch the big panels - mainly the parks panel. Presumably they'll post something on the parks blog that morning?

I read earlier on the WDW version of this thread that they aren't live streaming the big panels publicly this year.

We'd have to wait for someone in the audience to livestream it themselves on Social Media.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm wondering (if I haven't missed it somewhere already) when they'll start posting links to watch the big panels - mainly the parks panel. Presumably they'll post something on the parks blog that morning?
It was reported earlier this year that parts of D23 would be live streamed on D+. I don't believe they have announced yet if any of the panels, including the Parks panel, would be live streamed or not.

CaptinEO

I read earlier on the WDW version of this thread that they aren't live streaming the big panels publicly this year.

We'd have to wait for someone in the audience to livestream it themselves on Social Media.
I guarantee this was a way to get favorable coverage. Give the "influencers" exclusive access to stream your event and in return they will be extra positive to stay on the "good list".

MarvelCharacterNerd

Just saw it reported on another site that the parks panel would not be streamed for the public, but only available to stream by cast members.

Waiting to hear if that's actually true. And if true, annoying, as it means having to look for someone streaming it on social media which is a pain. Or breathlessly tweeting the AHMAZING things being announced... for Storyliving, new DVC lounges, and the 19th cruise ship I'm never going to go on. :p

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just saw it reported on another site that the parks panel would not be streamed for the public, but only available to stream by cast members.

Waiting to hear if that's actually true. And if true, annoying, as it means having to look for someone streaming it on social media which is a pain. Or breathlessly tweeting the AHMAZING things being announced... for Storyliving, new DVC lounges, and the 19th cruise ship I'm never going to go on. :p

Don't you worry @DCBaker will be doing the Lords work and posting a new thread for every announcement 10 seconds after they are announced at D23.

Nland316

Something I thought of recently…

I really hope there is a new, surprising announcement for DLR that nobody expects or that catches us off guard. That’s partially why I really am rooting for Tomorrowland.

Avengers and Avatar have already been announced on some level.. so I just don’t feel the same enthusiasm since we already expect it. We need something splashy that leaves us surprised.

Captain Neo

Is there any reliable insiders actually suggesting a peoplemover or Tomorrowland announcement or is it just wishes?

I can’t imagine Bob Iger would ever ok something without being a marketing tie-in to an IP

CaptinEO

Is there any reliable insiders actually suggesting a peoplemover or Tomorrowland announcement or is it just wishes?
No. The last time insiders had talked about a TL redo was 2022 when it was supposed to be a Lightyear themed Tomorrowland, employees were even seen surveying Tomorowland and walking the PM tracks that summer. Thankfully the movie bombed shortly before D23

The only insider things I've read relate to Radiator Springs and a Villians Land coming to Magic Kingdom.

Not sure what California is going to do before DL Forward construction starts.

britain

I can’t imagine Bob Iger would ever ok something without being a marketing tie-in to an IP

There’s not much smoke other than Frederick Chambers comment below. (He’s the CM of “Ya know, they could add PatF to Splash Mountain” fame. We’ll never know for sure if that statement gave Disney the idea or if it was truly in the works for a while.)

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
It's my turn to share my final predictions for Disneyland during the big presentation on Saturday:

Disneyland Park:
-BSC on a potential overhaul of Tomorrowland

Disney California Adventure:
-Avengers Campus E-Ticket update
-Moana stage production at the Hyperion
-Soarin' Over California to be permanent as Around the World would soon no longer play at DCA
-Anxiety meet and greet on Pixar Pier(sorry WDW as always)

Disneyland's 70th:
-A year long celebration kicks off in January, with brand new outfits for Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Chip n Dale, and for the first time on Main Street, Clarabelle Cow, Scrooge McDuck, Max, Clarice, and the biggest surprise…, Stitch!, daily performances of the Magic Happens parade begin at the same time, Sleeping Beauty Castle will soon be decorated, and Wondrous Journeys will be the sole, permanent(non-seasonal) nighttime spectacular as Mix Magic is gone for good
-A Pixar Fest like celebration themed to Disney’s 40 years of TV Animation’s legacy begins in April, with new experiences throughout the two parks, including new merchandise, new food offerings, and new character experiences where guests can potentially interact with familiar faces like Darkwing Duck, Baloo & Louie in their TaleSpin swag, Chip n Dale in their Rescue Ranger attire, Kim Possible, Elena, Sofia, and Moon Girl, as well as the first Disneyland appearances of Pepper Ann, TJ from 90's classic Recess, Dipper & Mabel Pines, Star Butterfly, Cassandra & Varian(alongside Rapunzel & Flynn), Moon Girl's BFF Casey Calderon, Della Duck, Cricket & Tilly Green, Anne and her friends from Amphibia, Luz and her friends from The Boiling Isles, Molly McGee with her friends from Brighton & the Ghost World, Kiff, Penny Proud, Hailey & Scott, and the return of long lost friends like the Gummi Bears and Goliath from Gargoyles
-Nightly dance parties with Phineas & Ferb at the Backlot Stage

Disneyland Forward updates: all would be BSCs
-For California Adventure, an all new experience based on James Cameron’s Avatar is set to become a part of the California Adventure experience, alongside a first look at potential additions based on Zootopia, Raya and the Last Dragon, Toy Story(mostly based on the Hollywood Studios Toy Story Land area), and Wakanda
-For Disneyland, a new themed land that could be a mix of Tokyo’s Fantasy Springs and Florida’s proposed Tropical Americas & Beyond Big Thunder additions into one, potentially featuring experiences based on Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan, Encanto, The Owl House, Moana, Coco, The Lion King, Elemental, Up, and Gravity Falls

Mediachi

I might as well drop my predictions here:

DL:
-Tiana Opening Date (Guaranteed)
-New Tomorrowland (Likely)
-Autopia Electric Cars (Most Likely)​
-Peoplemover Returns (Maybe)​
-Buzz Lightyear Replacement (Unlikely)​
-New 70th Anniversary Offerings (Character Costumes, Shows, Food, Merch, etc) (Guaranteed)

DCA:
-Soarin' Over California permanently returns (No way this happening lol)
-Ember and Wade coming to Pixar Pier (PLEEEEAAASSSSEEEE)
-Anxiety coming to Pixar Pier (Most Likely)
-New Disneyland 70th World of Color Show (Likely)

-More Details on DisneylandForward (Guaranteed)
-Third Gate (Bro come on)

DisneyAJ

I guess I’ll join in:

My D23 predicitons

DL:
Tiana’s Bayou opening date (guaranteed)
70th celebration specials (guaranteed)
Underwhelming Tomorrowland announcement (likely)
Autopia electric cars official announcement with date (likely)
Blue sky fantasy springs type land in DL expansion pad (not likely)

DCA:
Avengers E-ticket final draft with start date (most likely)
New show at Hyperion (likely)
Avatar location and start estimate (likely)
Hollywood Backlot blue sky if not avatar (possible)
Inside Out 2 meet and greets (likely)
Deadpool permanent/extended in AC (likely)

DLR:
Eastern Gateway Project (guaranteed)
DTD retail shops opening dates (likely)
Disney Springs/3rd Gate blue sky (50/50)
ESPN Zone replacement (possible)

I’m really not expecting too much concrete info (there’s still so much to do to prep for DLF) so I expect them to try and wow us with some blue sky for the Toy Story lot. They’ve already “confirmed” too much that they haven’t even started so I’m not very hopeful.

Consumer

Here's my expectations...

Disneyland predictions:
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle torn down and replaced with the Hong Kong castle
  • Matterhorn torn down and replaced with a meet and greet
  • Rocket Rods come back (replaces Space Mountain)
  • Critter Country replaced with Dixieland
DCA predictions:
  • Buena Vista Street replaced with Mickey Avenue
  • Marvel land replaced with Star Wars land 2
  • Pacific Wharf replaced with Avatar land
  • Cars Land reverted to a parking lot
Downtown Disney predictions:
  • Grand California set on fire ($5,000 upcharge for guests)
  • Paradise Pier Hotel renamed to Trump Tower
  • AMC returns but they only show "Home on the Range"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom