Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Goofyernmost

they cannot be over 199 and not have a beacon on them... but the websites both have them at 199'
That's a Florida law. California never acts normal so it is probably less then the 199. Don't know for sure, but, from a distance or 90 miles an hour in a blinding snowstorm, they both look the same.

Goofyernmost

Uhhh that is a Federal (FAA) regulation :banghead:
Sorry you had to beat your head against the wall. Dammit I should have memorized the FAA regulations before hand. I did say it was possible that California didn't want it to go that high and that would be in compliance with FAA as long as it was 199 or less. So, we still don't know do we? BTW, I don't care enough to look it up because if anything in this life is unimportant it unequivocally would be the height of ToT.

JoeCamel

Sorry you had to beat your head against the wall. Dammit I should have memorized the FAA regulations before hand. I did say it was possible that California didn't want it to go that high and that would be in compliance with FAA as long as it was 199 or less. So, we still don't know do we? BTW, I don't care enough to look it up because if anything in this life is unimportant it unequivocally would be the height of ToT.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Brad Bishop

There was an interesting article on Theme Park Insider about this:
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201604/5017/

I listen to the podcast, "The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill," which I know a lot of people aren't too keen on him - I find him interesting, though.. Anyway, a few things were mentioned recently which caught my attention:
- The larger perception of what these cuts are doing to the Disney fans and how the fans just see this as a huge money-grab and it appears to be without restraint (it's not just something in a single thread on this forum)
- They were talking about the guy who came up with Fast Pass (Bruce somebody) and how his whole notion for Fast Pass was not to have people shop and spend more but to just give them a better experience so that when then went home they talked about the awesome time they had instead of complaining about the price, lines, etc. It was about customer retention.

Both of those got me to thinking that the current group at Disney no longer appears to be about customer retention (a better experience so that folks will keep coming back), but instead, it appears to be centered around, "What can we get away with?"

The article quoted above by @WDWLover#1 shows this as well, in my opinion. It's not centered around customer experience at all. It's all based on, "Can we get away with x?," and, "Look at that, we did y and we still have record attendance! What about up-charging for z???"

mickeyfan5534

Both of those got me to thinking that the current group at Disney no longer appears to be about customer retention (a better experience so that folks will keep coming back), but instead, it appears to be centered around, "What can we get away with?"
This is what happens when you put people with no hospitality experience in charge of the most visited theme park in the world.

The_Jobu

Can't say I agree with him on this. His whole argument seems to be "construction overruns can't be responsible for operations cuts because a reasonable company wouldn't do that". It feels like a pretty obvious hole in his thesis.

And I really disagree with his conclusion that dumps cut-blame back on the fans.

Last edited:

UncleMike101

I didn't see any mention of the stockholders in the article.
You know the ones.
They decide who runs their corporation.
Iger, like most people with personal drive and ambition, is desparate to keep his well paying job.
Keeping the stockholders happy by returning record profits would surely achieve that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom