Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The size is exactly its problem...

It's far too wide and developed in the 1:1 scale at the base level to convincingly pull off the forced perspective downscaling moving up the structure.

The final design is so bottom-heavy, it looks like a warehouse with a few spires. It's an overall unsuccessful exercise, and I can't believe this was allowed to be the final product.

I thought the park didn't open yet. How'd you get in to see the castle? Or is a grainy shaky nighttime video enough evidence for you to condemn?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The story just gets bleaker. Why on earth does DIS act like a company that is about to receive a "going concern" letter from their CPA firm while reporting record profits? I am so confused.

I'm glad that i'm not the only one who notices that DIS spends money like a failing company On one hand you have these huge cuts yet on a truly discretionary spending item i.e. the Stock Repurchases continue unabated, One explanation for this is the so called profits don't exist in reality. and the increase in EPS on a steadily decreasing pool of stock is the squirrel intended to distract the so called 'analysts'.

olie64

Uh, ok, leaving the Trump dig aside...

I have never been to the Grand Canyon, only ever seen pics, doesn't look too impressive to me. Overhyped hole in the ground.
]

off topic, but the Grand Canyon pictures do not do it justice. Yes it is just a really big hole in the ground but is very impressive hole when seen in person.

lazyboy97o

Enchanted Storybook Castle was approved using materials that have been released to the public. Why is that good enough for Disney to decide but not us?

180º

Impressiveness you can only tell in person, sure.
But you can tell ugly design from a photo. Of course, ugly is subjective, but I do think photos are enough to form a reliable opinion about the design. I've never seen Chateau de la Belle au Bois dormant in person, but I still think it's prettier than Shanghai's castle.

On the other hand, DCA's ToT looks ugly in pictures (in my opinion). In person, it's stunning how big it is, but it still looks ugly.

Mike S

Impressiveness you can only tell in person, sure.
But you can tell ugly design from a photo. Of course, ugly is subjective, but I do think photos are enough to form a reliable opinion about the design. I've never seen Chateau de la Belle au Bois dormant in person, but I still think it's prettier than Shanghai's castle.

On the other hand, DCA's ToT looks ugly in pictures (in my opinion). In person, it's stunning how big it is, but it still looks ugly.
I agree except the forced perspective for DCA's Tower seems very off. Even though they're the same exact size Florida's still looks bigger.

For those wondering and didn't know yes I've seen DCA's in person.

Cesar R M

I agree except the forced perspective for DCA's Tower seems very off. Even though they're the same exact size Florida's still looks bigger.

For those wondering and didn't know yes I've seen DCA's in person.
probably the "elevation?
the tower in DHS looks like its above a hill as you go upwards (like the fantasmic road)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom