Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I still say we all start wearing these little stickers in the parks to tell them how we feel.

2xgqLxN.jpg

Call it the Weatherman salute.​
I would imagine many CMs would wear a different badge related to Iger....

Brad Bishop

Right now what incentive besides keeping your job does working for Disney as a CM offer?, The really good ones will go elsewhere where their skills are appreciated and not necessarily UNI, The remainder will 'keep their heads down' and do the bare minimum as there is no incentive to go above and beyond.

Based on all of the cuts, it seems as though Disney just lucked up with a record breaking tourist season.

Also makes me wonder: What happens when tourism dies off (elections / new presidents tend to make the economy shrink - doesn't matter who wins)? I think that they may have set themselves up for some real trouble.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I understand the current situation for some park CMs. I was referring to CMs across the entire company. Whether they are managers or hourly. Thinking beyond WDW

You know how this is going to end, Badly. The executives will float off on their golden parachutes, (which should be illegal as they are rewards for failure on a grand scale and divert money which should be returned to stockholders) The CM's will take it on the chin and the retirees will end up eating petfood when the looted pension fund is turned over to the PBGC. along those lines the executive retirement funds should also be forfeited to the PBGC when the regular employee fund is terminated.

We would see better corporate governance if the executives had skin in the game currently it's heads I win, tails I break even. As in executives get the same package on termination that 'regular' employees do and bankruptcy means the executives lose their corporate retirement benefits just as the regular employees do.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Anyone else think that castle looks like that hotel on International Drive?
The fireworks seem a bit eavier on the left side of the castle. Could be the angle in which it was shot though, and it was in portrait mode too. Either way, looks good, and the song sounded nice too. Surprised it was in English

Cesar R M

Well I just had a scary thought. What if the cost overruns never stop? What if they keep going on with every new attraction that's built over there and WDW and DL continue to pay for it? What happens when they build a second gate?
truly a nightmarish scenario. Perfect for the CCP to pretty much suck dry Disney.
Its not like Iger will want to back down anyway.. its his EGO legacy in play!

Cesar R M

Based on all of the cuts, it seems as though Disney just lucked up with a record breaking tourist season.

Also makes me wonder: What happens when tourism dies off (elections / new presidents tend to make the economy shrink - doesn't matter who wins)? I think that they may have set themselves up for some real trouble.
Actually, it could be the perfect excuse for Iger "see? we anticipated a downturn.. our cost cuts are amazing!".
9unfFH5.gif

Cesar R M

The fireworks seem a bit eavier on the left side of the castle. Could be the angle in which it was shot though, and it was in portrait mode too. Either way, looks good, and the song sounded nice too. Surprised it was in English
definitively the angle. check when the fireworks of the castle towers do the finale.. you can easily see that the "viewer" is on the left side angle of the castle.

PREMiERdrum

Yeah. Something about its styling and proportions don't work for me. For being the largest castle, it sure doesn't look it.

The size is exactly its problem...

It's far too wide and developed in the 1:1 scale at the base level to convincingly pull off the forced perspective downscaling moving up the structure.

The final design is so bottom-heavy, it looks like a warehouse with a few spires. It's an overall unsuccessful exercise, and I can't believe this was allowed to be the final product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom