Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another example of just how deep the cuts run.

Effective this Sunday, all of the Cast Service Centers across property will be eliminating all the cast (who will be moved to other positions).

The Cast Service Centers are there to support cast with things like paycheck assistance, language learning, health insurance info etc.

The service centers will remain in operation for now, unmanned, with a few books to help the cast in place of the humans.

To further underline just how desperate things are this time, the service center CMs survived the 9/11 and 2008 cuts.

Last edited:

Prince-1

That means I am completely right on this topic and you have no rebuttal. I win!
tumblr_o2f6gjALB91tezl7yo1_500.gif

Go Bob go!! My son would love your avatar.

wogwog

Effective this Sunday, all of the Cast Service Centers across property will be eliminating all the cast (who will be moved to other positions).

The Cast Service Centers are there to support cast with things like paycheck assistance, language learning, health insurance info etc.

The service centers will remain in operation for now, unmanned, with a few books to help the cast in place of the humans.

To further underline just how desperate things are this time, the service center CMs survived the 9/11 and 2008 cuts.
That should pay more of the China debt.

GiveMeTheMusic

Woooooooooooooow

alissafalco

:eek:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Wow, I am simply gobsmacked at the depth of the cuts at WDW now, Back in 2001 the place was a ghost town because everyone was too scared to travel so cuts were indeed necessary. But now supposedly after the 'Best Quarter Ever' why is this happening. What makes me furious is while they cut things like this the stock buyback program goes on like nothing ever happened.

lazyboy97o

Lies! Slanderous lies! These completely unprecedented measures are clearly part of the annual routine.

Mike S

Wow, I am simply gobsmacked at the depth of the cuts at WDW now, Back in 2001 the place was a ghost town because everyone was too scared to travel so cuts were indeed necessary. But now supposedly after the 'Best Quarter Ever' why is this happening. What makes me furious is while they cut things like this the stock buyback program goes on like nothing ever happened.
Your "end of the world" talk is coming closer to reality every day. This is madness. Something will break soon and it won't be pretty.

Ryan H. Serowinski

:mad:Thanks a lot Disney for all the cuts WDW had the last few months and made us lose our chances of seeing Star & Marco from Star vs the Forces of Evil start meet & greets,having only one daytime parade in one park,and now delaying the new Frozen ride until June

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Your "end of the world" talk is coming closer to reality every day. This is madness. Something will break soon and it won't be pretty.

Yup and everyone thought I was crazy, I've just seen too many failing organizations in my career and Disney is/was exhibiting all the classic signs and this makes me very very sad because WDW has always been my 'happy place' where I could check out from reality for a week or so. But Disney is hellbent on dragging every day reality into the once isolated park experience,

Starbucks was the first crack in the wall, I can't argue that the brown dishwater that Disney called 'coffee' was superior to a Starbucks coffee drink, But I can argue that destroying the Bakery and it's unique treats for a run of the mill Starbucks was a downgrade of the Disney experience. I would have been overjoyed if the coffee drinks had been ADDED to 'The Bakery' but instead....

Yes the shoe is gonna drop and it's gonna be uglier than even I can imagine.

Cesar R M

holy crap...... THAT bad?
:eek:

PhotoDave219

My response to this is quite vulgar. Even by my standards.....

tirian

@wdwmagic and @WDW1974 :

Our resident Spirit has already told us how many of Shanghai's cost overruns come from rebuilding shoddy work. Having finished a conversation with someone in Shanghai, it seems another problem is that the Chinese aesthetic is so extremely different from Western ones, they have ignored instructions and built things their way anyway. Then WDI has had to go in, say it's not right, and fix it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom