Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Cesar R M

I don't get your analogy.
The vast majority of guests are only going to go to one Magic Kingdom Halloween party once a year, tops. Probably more like once every couple years.
Between the expense and people getting time off from work or their kids' school, there's a limited window for most families to book a trip to Disney World that could coincide with the party season.
Besides, the more party nights of a particular event program Disney holds per year, the more their bean counters can rationalize spending on entertainment and decorations, since per-ticket expenditures would scale down the more parties they add.
And that "rational for spending" is inversely proportional to those who do not want to attend those parties.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but Spirit mentioned the following in another thread. Looks like food pricing will continue to rise while portion sizes shrink and lower quality ingredients are substituted. All due to Shanghai problems.
I guess more and more people will be going out to eat.

COProgressFan

The quality and diversity of the dining in the past made it feel like a resort and not just some theme parks and hotels. It was a complete experience. I still think there are a few on property restaurants worth visiting, but for the most part, that's not the case. If quality slips further due to cuts, there might not be any reason to dine on property.

I think it was mentioned a while back that they were getting rid of cloth napkins at the "signature" restaurants. Really just ridiculous, I got cloth napkins the other day at Outback of all places. Nice, but not exactly fine dining.

I'm sure it's great to spend hundreds of dollars at a place like Cali Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse and get cheap paper napkins.

We didn't rent a car our last trip for the first time in probably a decade. It was an extended family trip, with a few different groups and we thought it would be better to go "all in" with Disney for simplicity's sake, and for the sake of some people who had never been to WDW before (or not in a long time). We stayed on property and took Magical Express.

Needless to say, we'll definitely be renting a car again next time, whether staying on property or not. Dining hassles and costs being one of the many reasons.

Brad Bishop

Surprising!

Surprising to me, too, as someone else who's had to clean the restrooms (not at WDW) in the past. My daughter ended up having to clean restrooms at her work a few years back and she noted the same thing: Women's restrooms are almost always disgusting.

I can't even fathom what you do in there to get it to where it's like that (much like the poster commenting on the men's room).

Mike S

Totally disagree, we are from the UK and head over to WDW and DL every summer for our vacation and DLP for the Christmas season. Nothing can compare to DLP when it snows at Christmas, the cold weather adds to the genuine Christmas feel. DLP is being invested in and it is definitely worth it. Newport Bay Club is amazing after the refurb! DLP's problems were due to Disney not having overall control - they need control to keep brand integrity! Investment in the short term should equal return in the long term.
Funny, Tokyo Disney worked for decades without Disney's control ;)

Goofyernmost

But it's a lie. The whole way it is presented is misleading. THAT IS NOT OKAY.
I suppose or you could look at it another way. Walt Disney World exists because Walt said those very words back in 1955. There would be no WDW without the influence of Walt Disney. When he said those words he was in front of Main Street USA, what possible difference does it make if it were DL or WDW. Wouldn't Walt have wanted to welcome you to this "happy place"? Really, I have to wonder how something so unimportant and insignificant as that is a problem in any form. They often show mixed parks in their promotions as well. It is no big deal.

Cesar R M

I suppose or you could look at it another way. Walt Disney World exists because Walt said those very words back in 1955. There would be no WDW without the influence of Walt Disney. When he said those words he was in front of Main Street USA, what possible difference does it make if it were DL or WDW. Wouldn't Walt have wanted to welcome you to this "happy place"? Really, I have to wonder how something so unimportant and insignificant as that is a problem in any form. They often show mixed parks in their promotions as well. It is no big deal.
happy to who? the accountants or the people? :hilarious:

Miss Heinous

That means I am completely right on this topic and you have no rebuttal. I win!
tumblr_o2f6gjALB91tezl7yo1_500.gif

JohnWD

So has everyone agreed this is hogwash? That it's just Disney doing their usual thing of optimizing staffing and times?

GymLeaderPhil

Didn't see this mentioned, but heard word from a friend that College Program kids that recently started and some who have already completed their on the job training have been reassigned to a completely different lines of business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom