Current Status of Project

RSoxNo1

What happens to the kid with autism when they close IASW? His family isn't going to be happy about this.

Been there... witnessed that - it's not pretty.

I'm not sure what took Screamscape so long to get this on their site - this has been known for quite some time.

inluvwithbeast

um.....what?:confused::confused::confused:

I think they meant SWSA. And there is a parent on WDWmagic who has a child with autism who has ridden SWSA like 2000 times? It's his favorite ride. She had a trip report about his 2000th ride. Disney was really cool about it and let him meet Snow White and did some other things for him as well.

Atomicmickey

It's a heartwarming story about that kid, but really--they can't run a ride for one person. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

I wonder if the scenes/animatronics won't be repurposed somehow as a part of the mine car journey, that way longtime fans can see the parts of the attraction that they enjoy, with a new ride mechanism. I can see that working pretty well.

Lee

Adventurer
Don't worry too hard. Unless someone like Lee or Raven comes on here and confirms - even in the slightest bit - that a Feb 2011 shutdown is realistic, I'll take the Screamscape rumors as just that - rumors.
February is news to me, but it's certainly possible. Especially if they have decided not to put the Princi in Expo Hall as a temporary measure. In that case they would need to have their new home ready when they get kicked out of the tents.

No offense, but how do we know the new mine train coaster will be "better" than SWSA at this point? :shrug:

Yeah, it'll be better. Really couldn't be worse.

TravisMT81

I think they meant SWSA. And there is a parent on WDWmagic who has a child with autism who has ridden SWSA like 2000 times? It's his favorite ride. She had a trip report about his 2000th ride. Disney was really cool about it and let him meet Snow White and did some other things for him as well.

Tell her to take him to DL, it is much better! It actually seems to have a storyline that you can follow. And is nicely maintained.

TP2000

Tell her to take him to DL, it is much better! It actually seems to have a storyline that you can follow. And is nicely maintained.

With the exception of maybe Splash Mountain (Disneyland's Splash has a storyline? Who knew?!), that pretty much sums up every ride at Disneyland. :lol:

Stitchmon

Thanks, I knew they meant SWSA, I was confused on the second part.
Wow, I guess you have to ride a ride wayyyy more than I have to have any hooplah about it...I rode Dinosaur one day 20 times in a row and RNRC 10 in an hour, no certificates, nothing, just harassed by the CM's :cry::cry::lol:

Tom

Beta Return
No offense, but how do we know the new mine train coaster will be "better" than SWSA at this point? :shrug:

Do you like anything?

What happens to the kid with autism when they close IASW? His family isn't going to be happy about this.

It'll be a sad day for him...if he is actually still into it. I haven't heard about him in a few years. Maybe he doesn't even like SWSA anymore. :shrug:

If he is still into it, maybe they'll do something nice for him on the last day.

February is news to me, but it's certainly possible. Especially if they have decided not to put the Princi in Expo Hall as a temporary measure. In that case they would need to have their new home ready when they get kicked out of the tents.

It would be such a shame to close the ride early just to give shelter to some pixies.

Yes! Exactly!

MAF

Do you like anything?

Can you really like or dislike something that hasn't even been built? I was merely saying that we really don't know if this new attraction will be "better" as of right now. I'm a huge fan of dark rides, so who knows, maybe I won't like this new attraction better than SWSA. I just wish they didn't have to close SWSA down.

Tom

Beta Return
Can you really like or dislike something that hasn't even been built? I was merely saying that we really don't know if this new attraction will be "better" as of right now. I'm a huge fan of dark rides, so who knows, maybe I won't like this new attraction better than SWSA. I just wish they didn't have to close SWSA down.

I just asked because you've been condemning a number of new things lately.

In my opinion, Pooh is "better" than Toad. Likewise, I believe that the SW Mine Ride - with it's outdoor/indoor setting, (presumably) three dimensional scenery, and coaster-type technology - will be "better" than the current "plain ol" dark ride version.

If the new ride is anything even close to what we all think it will be, I imagine that an unbiased survey would also show that guests find the replacement to be better than the original.

Is swsa going to be replaced by a new ride or a meet and greet? I am hoping it will be replaced by a new and improved ride.

Literally, it will be replaced by a Meet-n-Greet. In theory, it will be replaced by a new and improved ride, just not in the current location of SWSA.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Oh i will hate to see SWSA close!!! The second i came off this ride on our most recent trip, i said to my GF that it is so much better than DLP version and she agreed and she is a Major DLP nut!!!

Would hate to lose a dark ride such as this and i wonder if the weather in florida was not so bad would the princesses meet and greet be outdoors, thus allowing SWSA to stay active??

I might be just clutching at straws but i find it hard to believe that fantasyland needs to scrap a great attraction for another one esp with all the space the FLE is making!!!!!

MAF

I just asked because you've been condemning a number of new things lately.

I have?

Also its all just a matter of opinion. I believe that "Toad" was better than Pooh by miles. Anyways the reason I brought that up was because I was under the impression that the new attraction was going to be a kiddie coaster in the style of Barnstormer, which in my opinion, would not be better than a classic dark ride.

Slowjack

Sadly, I've learned this valuable life lesson: there's always something worse. To say that the company that decided to put "BLAM!" on its network is incapable of making something worse than Snow White's Scary Adventures is just wishful thinking. Mind you, I'd hopeful about the mine car ride, but...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom