Current Status of Project

jt04

I personally think that this may be true, but I'm really sad to see Snow White going. It could have used a rehab!

I don't mind if they build the mine train and they put something better in there. I'm hoping for an attraction like the Paris castle has. :eek:

Tom

Beta Return
From Screamscape:

Amusement Insider has posted a rather huge scoop this week regarding the second phase of the Fantasyland expansion. From the sound of it, most of Phase 2 may have been tossed in favor of some new additions. First the good news… that long rumored and dropped roller coaster for the Seven Dwarves mine ride is said to be 100% back on track and will involve a layout with both indoor and outdoor coaster sections. In addition Goofy’s Barnstormer may actually get to keep it’s name, and may be given a minor new theme of Goofy’s performing an aerial circus act, which will fit right in with the new Double Dumbo ride going in next door.
Now for the bad news… especially for the Disney Princess fans out there. They claim that the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella Meet & Greet attractions may have been scrapped entirely along with the entire Pixie Hollow concept. Even worse however is the rumor that Snow White’s Scary Adventure will be closed down entirely as early as February 2011 to allow for the new redesign plans for this area of the park. Want a little more? Be sure to check out the Amusement Insider’s own Fantasyland construction update as well.

I personally think that most of these things were said on WDWMagic too, so this is another confirmation of what's coming and what's going?

I sincerely doubt that they'll close SWSA before the new SW ride is open. That seems premature. They can displace fairies to almost anywhere. There is no need to close an entire ride just to store a couple pixies while they build the replacement ride for another year.

cbconglom

the quote..

Chris
user-offline.png
AI Staff
admin2.png

beautiful.png
reputation_pos.png

trophy.gif

Join DateSep 2009LocationOrlando, FLPosts7,943Rep Power10

A few new tidbits of unreleased info for you --

Seven Dwarves coaster is 100% confirmed. It will be placed right in the center of the land, roughly where Dumbo currently stands, extending out into the center of the midway. It will NOT be completely indoors, though at some point in the ride you do enter the mine. It was described to me as "roughly 2/3 outdoors, 1/3 indoors."

Dumbo is definitely still moving to his new Dumbo's Circus mini-land. The existing Dumbo *will* be one of the two ride systems. Aladdin's Carpets will *not* take the place of the other as originally planned. Zamperla is currently building the second ride.

The Barnstormer looks to be keeping its name, though it will somehow be tied into a Goofy as a circus performer theme.

Pixie Hollow, as well the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella meet and greets are scrapped completely.

Snow White's Scary Adventures, the exising dark ride, will close forever sometime around February 2011. The space will be repurposed as a meet and greet location to make up for the lost spaces cut in favor of the new coaster.

Fantasyland will still be completed in two phases, with Dumbo's Circusland likely to be the first section finished (even though it's about the only section not even started as of yet.)

I have to admit, I'm devastated to learn that Snow White's Scary Adventures really will be gone forever. I think it's one of the most enjoyable classic dark rides you'll find anywhere. This is truly a loss for The Magic Kingdom.​

Neverland

I'm still hoping they change their minds about Snow. The ride is a classic, and the best of all the Snow White rides. They should have enough space to build an area for the princesses and fairies to meet without getting rid of any rides. And it's not as if SWSA is unpopular. Some reason that Mr. Toad was taken away because it never had a wait. On a summer day, Snow can be 45 minutes or more. And it's not an efficiency thing either; Dumbo is the slowest loader in Fantasyland, and they're improving it, rather than tossing it to the curb. I understand that there will be a new Snow White-themed ride to 'replace' SWSA, but I don't really understand why. There was nothing wrong with the 'old' Snow White ride and really no need to build another ride based on Snow White. I'm sure the new ride will be just fine, possibly amazing, but I'm having trouble understanding why they decided to build another Snow White ride, rather than going with a movie that doesn't have a ride, or an original concept.

Tom

Beta Return
the quote..

Chris
user-offline.png
AI Staff
admin2.png

beautiful.png
reputation_pos.png

trophy.gif

Join DateSep 2009LocationOrlando, FLPosts7,943Rep Power10

A few new tidbits of unreleased info for you --

Seven Dwarves coaster is 100% confirmed. It will be placed right in the center of the land, roughly where Dumbo currently stands, extending out into the center of the midway. It will NOT be completely indoors, though at some point in the ride you do enter the mine. It was described to me as "roughly 2/3 outdoors, 1/3 indoors."

Dumbo is definitely still moving to his new Dumbo's Circus mini-land. The existing Dumbo *will* be one of the two ride systems. Aladdin's Carpets will *not* take the place of the other as originally planned. Zamperla is currently building the second ride.

The Barnstormer looks to be keeping its name, though it will somehow be tied into a Goofy as a circus performer theme.

Pixie Hollow, as well the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella meet and greets are scrapped completely.

Snow White's Scary Adventures, the exising dark ride, will close forever sometime around February 2011. The space will be repurposed as a meet and greet location to make up for the lost spaces cut in favor of the new coaster.

Fantasyland will still be completed in two phases, with Dumbo's Circusland likely to be the first section finished (even though it's about the only section not even started as of yet.)

I have to admit, I'm devastated to learn that Snow White's Scary Adventures really will be gone forever. I think it's one of the most enjoyable classic dark rides you'll find anywhere. This is truly a loss for The Magic Kingdom.​

I still stand by my earlier hypothesis that they won't really close SWSA until the new one is open - or closer to open. And even if they don't wait that long, I think they'd at least wait until LM is open, so they maintain the same number of attractions.

Closing a currently operating ride to host some pixies is just ridiculous. But then again, they've done it before (i.e. 20K).

I'm still hoping they change their minds about Snow. The ride is a classic, and the best of all the Snow White rides. They should have enough space to build an area for the princesses and fairies to meet without getting rid of any rides. And it's not as if SWSA is unpopular. Some reason that Mr. Toad was taken away because it never had a wait. On a summer day, Snow can be 45 minutes or more. And it's not an efficiency thing either; Dumbo is the slowest loader in Fantasyland, and they're improving it, rather than tossing it to the curb.

I'm excited for the new Snow White ride. Yes, it's sad that we'll lose yet another classic Magic Kingdom ride, but it's being replaced with an even better ride.

And in my opinion, the replacement for Toad was also an upgrade. We didn't get the BEST version of Pooh, but it was definitely a step up in terms of theme, set design, effects and quality.

DocMcHulk

I sincerely doubt that they'll close SWSA before the new SW ride is open. That seems premature. They can displace fairies to almost anywhere. There is no need to close an entire ride just to store a couple pixies while they build the replacement ride for another year.

I was told there is nothing "on the horizon" for SWSA. Combining the way it was worded to me, plus all of the info Lee has gathered, my conclusion is that it WILL eventually close, but nor for at least another year or two. I would be stunned if it's closed before mid-2012.

Ultimately, i defer to Lee's knowledge of the situation. He's got better contacts than the one I have.

hoke2007

I think it would be a HUGE mistake to shut down SWSA in Feb of next year. They should wait until something else opens up or is at least close to opening up.

Fable McCloud

All I'm hoping for is t be able to ride SWSA before it goes away, but since I'm there 2/27-3/5 it will most likely NOT happen. I never got to ride it...

This makes me a sad little girl.

Tom

Beta Return
All I'm hoping for is t be able to ride SWSA before it goes away, but since I'm there 2/27-3/5 it will most likely NOT happen. I never got to ride it...

This makes me a sad little girl.

Don't worry too hard. Unless someone like Lee or Raven comes on here and confirms - even in the slightest bit - that a Feb 2011 shutdown is realistic, I'll take the Screamscape rumors as just that - rumors.

[insert image of saltshaker or something here]

cbconglom

Except if you are going to take someone's report with a grain of salt it would be the Chris guy I quoted since that was scream's source.. if they actually read wdwmagic then they would've reported it 2 months ago when lee said it :)

CJR

Wasn't a ride going to be built where the tents are themed to PH. If they close SWSA, that would mean this revision would make the ride count lower. Now, the coaster is great replacement for the ride in PH, but to lose SWSA too is a big loss.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced SWSA with another dark ride like Aladdin, Hunchback, even BatB. If they're keeping the tents, a M&G seems unnecessary since they could just use those. There's also the space where skyway used to be. I don't see how closing SWSA is necessary for a M&G when they're keeping the tents which will most likely be used for M&G's. The tents were originally going to be gone so now they're staying, they have more than enough M&G space to fill.

WDWFigment

I am shocked by all of the love for SWSA. Then again, I am shocked by all of the love for Mr. Toad. I wholly agree with those who express concern about Disney's recent trend of building attractions around tech with story as an afterthought, but I have the same concern when the converse is true--that the tech used is so bad it works to the detriment of the story. I think that's the case with both SWSA and Toad.

That comparable attractions exist at the State Fairs speaks volumes to me.

MAF

I'm excited for the new Snow White ride. Yes, it's sad that we'll lose yet another classic Magic Kingdom ride, but it's being replaced with an even better ride.

No offense, but how do we know the new mine train coaster will be "better" than SWSA at this point? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom