Current Status of Project

Tom

Beta Return
I'm going back to the Breast Cancer thing....it makes a better story! :lol:

I honestly hope it isn't for that.

My belief on the whole "go pink" thing is that if a company wants to make a "statement" they should send all the money they WASTED on making pink products (yeah, I'm looking at you, especially, NFL) to cancer research.

Buying pink light bulbs tells me that they could have made a better impact on society by actually giving that money to the ACS.

inluvwithbeast

I honestly hope it isn't for that.

My belief on the whole "go pink" thing is that if a company wants to make a "statement" they should send all the money they WASTED on making pink products (yeah, I'm looking at you, especially, NFL) to cancer research.

Buying pink light bulbs tells me that they could have made a better impact on society by actually giving that money to the ACS.

There's pink over-spray on the yellow cages near the top.....

And it's just popular to support breast cancer research right now. Half the world has them and nearly the rest of the half loves them. Nobody supports colon cancer research. Of course I say this in a light-hearted manner. I fully support all cancer research, the popular and unglamorous alike.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You know that Disney is dying laughing at us right now as they read this thread. Only true fans can carry on a conversation about such minutiae.

Tom

Beta Return
You know that Disney is dying laughing at us right now as they read this thread. Only true fans can carry on a conversation about such minutiae.

:lol: So true...and so sad.

They need to do something exciting. Updates have been pretty stagnant lately.

parker4fm

Meet & Greet

I haven't really seen the size of the interior of the old skyway station in Fantasyland. Does anyone know why this couldn't be converted for a Princess Meet? Or, why can't they tear it down and remodel it for a small Pixie Hollow? The Pixie Hollow in Disneyland looks great, and it isn't very large. I would think that with all of the added space that leaving the skyway station for strollers wouldn't be a necessity...

Lee

Adventurer
There is indeed enough room in the Skyway station for a Pixie M&G.
It actually almost happened a couple years ago. Might still ...

BriEcho3194

There is indeed enough room in the Skyway station for a Pixie M&G.
It actually almost happened a couple years ago. Might still ...

Interesting...I think that would be cool. And also....Which could possibly open first? Dumbo's little circus land? or The Area being constructed now? Just wondering :lol:

JeffH

I thought it was a bit silly...

I thought it was a bit silly to separate all the princess out like that...
Sure it sounded good that each one was going to have a lavish meet and greet chateau, but that meant that you'd have to take your dd to a separate place and wait in line just to meet each princess...it's so much more efficient to simply meet most of the princesses all at once at a single meet and greet or meal.

I, however, think it's a mistake to eliminate Pixie Hollow considering the flow of DVDs being released and the live action Tinkerbell movie being produced. And considering how they are eliminating 5 play areas with this expansion (little mermaid, pooh, Donald's boat, the park next to Donald's boat and Minniies house), creating a Pixie Hollow play area/meet and greet would be needed.

willsdad01

According to a cast member...

Ok, I'm very new on the boards so please don't trash my post. My family and I just returned from a week trip Oct 23rd. While in Toontown, I made a comment about the new FL expansion. A cast member told me several people have been in to look at the structure of the tent with the princesses and large gift shop. According to her, the rumor is the the structure will be maintained and the new Dumbo rides will replace Mickey & Minnie's house. Several cutbacks have been made to the original plan. This already may be out there, but thought I would share. According to her, Disney is hearing lots of complaints about getting rid of the houses and Toontown in general. At one time, they heard the houses were going away, now, she's hearing that may not be entirely true. Sounds like Disney will be keeping everyone guessing.

_Scar

Ok, I'm very new on the boards so please don't trash my post. My family and I just returned from a week trip Oct 23rd. While in Toontown, I made a comment about the new FL expansion. A cast member told me several people have been in to look at the structure of the tent with the princesses and large gift shop. According to her, the rumor is the the structure will be maintained and the new Dumbo rides will replace Mickey & Minnie's house. Several cutbacks have been made to the original plan. This already may be out there, but thought I would share. According to her, Disney is hearing lots of complaints about getting rid of the houses and Toontown in general. At one time, they heard the houses were going away, now, she's hearing that may not be entirely true. Sounds like Disney will be keeping everyone guessing.

Snow White would be where that cutback money in Toontown would be spent if I had to guess.

And from what insiders here have said, since normal CM's at the park don't seem to exactly know what's going on, the tent will be replaced by another tent or something like that.:shrug:

juan

Agreed. Didn't this blog post something that was entirely discredited? Anytime I see something from AI I break out the salt. Time will tell how credible they are but this is nothing more than repeating what the disappeared Juan has already claimed. :shrug:

I'm here, just a tad busy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom