Crystal Palace Breakfast...To be or not to be?

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Myself, DH and DD's 16 & 17 are gonna be in WDW in August :ROFLOL:. We will be there for 12 days and I have requested only one thing... to be at a park for a rope drop, preferably MK. We have been to WDW literally a hundred times as passholders but we have never eaten breakfast in a park or been to a park early enough for the rope drop :brick:. I was thinking maybe we could do the breakfast in the park thing in order to be there earlier. My DD's are not into the princesses :shrug: so I wasn't thinking breakfast in the castle. We already have ADR's for dinner at Crystal Palace one night so we can spend lots of time with Pooh & friends during dinner and wouldn't need to hang around and visit with them during breakfast. My question then is this :confused: ... Do you suggest breakfast at Crystal Palace purely for the reason of being in the park early and the food alone??? We do have the DDP so is covered that way. Thanks in advance for your help!!! :sohappy::sohappy::wave:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am a huge fan of Crystal Palace and love being in the park before opening! It's a must for us! :sohappy:

WDWmazprty

Myself, DH and DD's 16 & 17 are gonna be in WDW in August :ROFLOL:. We will be there for 12 days and I have requested only one thing... to be at a park for a rope drop, preferably MK. We have been to WDW literally a hundred times as passholders but we have never eaten breakfast in a park or been to a park early enough for the rope drop :brick:. I was thinking maybe we could do the breakfast in the park thing in order to be there earlier. My DD's are not into the princesses :shrug: so I wasn't thinking breakfast in the castle. We already have ADR's for dinner at Crystal Palace one night so we can spend lots of time with Pooh & friends during dinner and wouldn't need to hang around and visit with them during breakfast. My question then is this :confused: ... Do you suggest breakfast at Crystal Palace purely for the reason of being in the park early and the food alone??? We do have the DDP so is covered that way. Thanks in advance for your help!!! :sohappy::sohappy::wave:

Definitely! The advantage of being there for breakfast is of course youcan get in before everyone else, but also you'll be able to take picsion front of the castle and a lot of other great picture spots with no one else around!

toystorymaniacs

We are planning this exact same thing withour group in September. We have a large group and it's our first morning there and we figure nothing motivates people to get up early like food!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Crystal Palace has breakfast food for every type of eater. Being on the DP makes it even better! Be sure to schedule your ADR for about 10 minutes after park opening though. That way you don't actually miss the cute rope drop ceremony. :wave:

mwbrown

We love the food at Crystal Palace, and have an amazing picture of my DD7 from last year when we had 8:10 am ressies there. She is stading on Main Street with castle in the background and there is not a single other person in the frame. That's the only way this pic would be possible.

A definite food to go for it from us!!

DawnBerg

Original Poster
:sohappy::sohappy::D Thanks soooo much you guys are making me excited about my decision. Now hopefully I can get an ADR for a morning during our trip :hammer:
Wish me luck!!! Calling now..... need music playing like the jaws theme or sumthin lol:ROFLOL::eek:

DawnBerg

Original Poster
WOW!!! :eek: I didn't know you can only call till 10pm now missed it by 2 minutes. When did this change happen? When I lived in Florida I worked the night shift and used to call and make last second ressies in the middle of the night. Just something else cut I guess but if they cut the hours they should give you more of a way to book online (dining). Oh well tomorrow is another day and it is also one more day closer to my rope drop!!! 73 days & counting!!! Thanks again!! :wave:

DizneyPryncess

It's totally worth it! Being in the park before open is a must-do for me at least once on each Disney trip. We get the best pictures, and something about Main Street empty is magical to me.

Last trip we did 8:05 reservations at CP on a day when the park opened at 9:00. We checked in as early as we could, and were seated first. So we were done at 8:50 and had 10 minutes to walk around. It is the best part of the day at MK! :)

The breakfast buffet is fantastic at CP too. It was my DH's favorite meal of the trip!

This may seem like a dumb question, but I've never been at MK for a rope drop nor have I ever had ADRs for breakfast at MK before the park opens. I want to do both of these things in September when we go.

So....here's my question: if we get reservations at CP for 8am on a day the park opens at 9am (for example) and we finish before rope drop, will we be able to see it from inside the park. Is it in front of the train station?

CAPTAIN HOOK

So....here's my question: if we get reservations at CP for 8am on a day the park opens at 9am (for example) and we finish before rope drop, will we be able to see it from inside the park. Is it in front of the train station?

There is more than one rope. Guests are allowed into the park and along Main Street - the ropes are then off the hub preventing guests heading towards the different lands (Frontierland, Adventureland etc).

So, yes - you will get to see it. Finish your breakfast and choose where you want to go to first and then go stand behind the rope.

durangojim

Crystal Palace is my favorite character breakfast. It used to be tied with Chef Mickey's but our last visit to Chef Mickey's wasn't as great as it used to be so CP is now the top spot. I also think it is the best value in character dining along with a nice bright setting, makes it a great place to have breakfast. Also as others have stated, if you get a reservation before the park opens you can take some wonderful pictures on Main Street and in front of the castle with virtually no one else around. Have a great time!

kneel1279

Crystal Palace is a WONDERFUL breakfast place. It's a tradition since the first time we went to go the first full day there! I HIGHLY recommend it for breakfast. The food and atmosphere are wonderful.

luvlifeinfl

All,

Thank you for this thread. My family has been to Disney 4 times now, starting in 2005. I had never heard of the rope drop. I just thought that if you have bfast resv. that you just let them know at the gate and they will let you in and then you just sat around and waited for the park to open. Oh but what am i thinking this is Disney:hammer:.

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Crystal Palace is a WONDERFUL breakfast place. It's a tradition since the first time we went to go the first full day there! I HIGHLY recommend it for breakfast. The food and atmosphere are wonderful.

:sohappy::sohappy: Thank you all so very much!!! I called this morning and got my ADR for CP on our first full day in the park. I am soooo excited I can't wait!!! All the times I have been to Disney and I can't believe I am this excited about something I haven't done before. I guess you just never can do it all no matter how many times you go. CP has always been a must do for my family for dinner but we are all night owls and usually slept in on our vaca's. My hubby and one of our daughters have a tradition at CP with Tigger. They get their picture 'retaken' each year with Tigger and it is cute to see the changes from year to year. Man though I wish I had Tigger's secret he never changes lol :ROFLOL: Seriously though, I have been watching this forum for a few years now and this is my first thread, you have all been so helpful and I can't thank you enough. It is a great thing to have forums like these in order to get answers to all those lil questions and so many wonderful tips too!!! I wanna pack my bags and go now!!!! 72 days & counting!!!

Shimmer73083

Question

I'm excited to try Crystal Palace in the morning as well on our next trip!!

Say the park opens at 9 am and we have an 8 am dining reservation - how do we get to the park itself? Staying on property, wouldn't Disney transportation from the resorts to the park start at 8 am?

How would we get there in time?? :shrug: :veryconfu

Thanks!!!

There is more than one rope. Guests are allowed into the park and along Main Street - the ropes are then off the hub preventing guests heading towards the different lands (Frontierland, Adventureland etc).

So, yes - you will get to see it. Finish your breakfast and choose where you want to go to first and then go stand behind the rope.

Oh ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the info! :)

sbkline

I'm excited to try Crystal Palace in the morning as well on our next trip!!

Say the park opens at 9 am and we have an 8 am dining reservation - how do we get to the park itself? Staying on property, wouldn't Disney transportation from the resorts to the park start at 8 am?

How would we get there in time?? :shrug: :veryconfu

Thanks!!!

You'll be fine. The buses start taking people early enough to take into account anything you might need to be at the park early for. We had an 8 AM ADR for Crystal Palace last time and we took the bus with no problem.

And I do recommend this as a good way to get into the park early. We were done eating by 8:30 or so, so we had time to wander around a little...within the restricted area of course, since the lands were roped off. But as soon as the rope droped in Adventureland, we were on our way, with the pleasure of knowing that the big throng of people was still way back there at the train station and we were already in AdventureLand. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom