Crying in Disney parks

vintageepcot

Original Poster
I notice everything I see illuminations people cry at the end. I have also seen it on some rides like it's a small world and the old spaceship earth. Dont be shy I couldn't talk without wobbling my speech during illuminations the first time. I feel it coming a little when I watch dream-finder or horizons. Some say its the music, The scenery or the energy coming from the attraction soarin does it to me to. Only wimps dont admit their moments share them.

CAPTAIN HOOK

My wife can't watch our home videos of Illuminations or listen to the CD without the tears appearing - we just enjoy that spectactular so much. (I get a little choked too)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I have never flat out cried AA, Illuminations (especially with the holiday tag) will always well me up.

heartodisney

The first visit, I had only 8 hours, 4 in Epcot and 4 in MK, when Tink came out, I lost it! :cry: It was a free trip in the parks, but the very lazy gf at the time was very lazy and we got to the park late in the day or it at least would have been a couple of more hours. It taught me a great deal, find someone who is not lazy and to stay AT the parks for much longer periods! :sohappy:

foreverbelle

I cry at various things around the park, Wishes, AA, when we get the ME note the day before we leave etc. But was surprised by my husband this past visit when we walked out of AA and he said he actually got a little emotional. It just took me back a minute. Coming from a tough, hockey loving, six foot plus man, hearing that it was quite touching and was the last thing i expected from him.

Candlejack

Well, it's not technically in the parks, but the ending of the Magical Express video (starting with the word "Well," because that totally signifies that you are leaving the hands of the Mouse) always made me cry. Yesterday (just came back :rolleyes:), I only got choked up, but it's still hard to watch.

luvlifeinfl

Wow, I cry at wishes, when we leave the MK at the end of the night and the CM are waving to us w/ their Mickey hands on.

Also every trip I cry the AM that we have to leave, when I stop and turn to take one more look at our Villa. Then I also start to cry as we drive off the resort to return home.

CastleBound

I always get pretty sad leaving the park for the last time of my trip. I don't bring out the tears, but thats the closest I may come to crying in the park.

disneynut4u

I know I've written this before under another topic, but it's perfect here!

We went for the first time to WDW when my son was 7. It was me, my son, my dad, and a sister. We started off the week with dinner at Chef Mickey's with a birthday cake for my son. Then we hopped on the monorail to go to MK for the fireworks and parade. We got there in time for the fireworks, but we were toward the entrance of the park, in front of the train depot. My dad put my son on his shoulders so he could see. The crowd was massive. I looked up at my son during the fireworks show and he had tears in his eyes. I thought maybe the noise or the crowd had him scared. I asked him what was wrong and he replied, "I'm just so happy to finally be here!"

Every year since then, we start off with Chef Mickeys, then to MK for the fireworks and parade. I never fail to remember that one moment when the fireworks start and I tear up as well!!!

Tinkerbella16

I cry during Wishes almost everytime.

The last night of our trip as I'm leaving the last park we go to, its always MK or Epcot... I look back at everything while I'm walking toward the exit and I just tear up.

Yes, as someone else mentioned... The DME packet that is on the door the morning before we leave to go home...that is such a depressing moment and I always wish I was back on here counting down the days again.

bgraham34

I always get the tears and the lump in my throat at the end of the American adventure.

That happened too me about a week after Sept 11th. First you had the Voices Of liberty performing, It was so emotional I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. And I actually have not been back since.

dznygirl64

I get choked up after the American adventure also because I think how bad our country has gotten.And things are not getting any better.So I stay out of any ride that is American themed.Disney makes me think everything will be ok in the world for that week I dont need AA or the hall of presidents to bring me down.

Disney_Belle

Wishes gets me every time. I choke up the second I hear "Starlight, starbright". And then when the Beauty & the Beast medley comes on normally I have tears streaming down my face as that was the part of the show my husband proposed to me. Aside from when we got enagaged (I was bawling my eyes out lol), Holiday Wishes has gotten to me more than anything. Something about Christmas and Disney coming together! When I see Cinderella's Castle for the first time every trip, leaving a park and knowing is my last time there for this trip, heck - I've even teared up a couple times watching characters interact with kids who aren't mine haha. Sometimes I get taken back by the must unexpected things - parades, rides, etc - its just at a moment when I guess I get hit with Disney magic and it can happen anywhere at anytime in WDW lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom