Crying in Disney parks

Chrononymous

oh yes! I so forgot about Nemo the Musical! Yep...I bawl at the beginning...and at the end.

and when I hear the Rocketeer theme playing at the EPCOT fountain...

and anytime, anywhere...that I hear the opening strains of Circle Of Life....

Auroragirl

The tears and the lump in the throat feeling come when I watch our home videos of our last trip to WDW. My DD was 5 and it was her first trip... we had so much fun! And seeing her so excited and happy - just makes me want to.... :cry:

We are going back to WDW in 12 days!!!!! - but she does not know yet about the trip (WHAT A SURPRISE!!?!?!?!?!) and I KNOW I will shed a tear or two when we tell her!

EPCOT Explorer

I'll admit it....I cry in WDW.:lol:

SSE94's ending used to get me....so does the new one, but for new reasons.:lookaroun

RoE's finale and the whole We Go On segement...

AA's finale and Two Brothers...

Wishes, the beginning, and the end had me, this past trip. Mom thought I was nuts.

But the one that causes the MOST, for me, and is actually the newest on the list....Driving in.:eek: Sheesh. I was grinning and crying at the same time.:lol::lookaroun

Candlejack

Wishes - makes me cry
Cirque - makes me cry
Spectro - makes me cry
On the monorail, seeing the castle for the 1st time - makes me cry
Hearing the recording "If this concludes your visit to Walt Disney World..." on my last monorail trip - makes me cry

THIS

One time at the BoardWalk while I was waiting with my family for the DME bus, the carousel in the lobby started to play its snow globe-esque medley that I believe started with When You Wish Upon a Star. I started to cry and immediately shuffled off to the bathroom (facecloths ftw).

Also, I shed a few unexpected tears during the HIStA pre-show when the little kid came home crying because he couldn't find his dog. I mean, I had seen it plenty of times and I knew that the dog was about to appear, but it still got me for some reason. It was probably because that was our last attraction on our last day. :rolleyes:

hsisthebest

Strangely enough the only time I get teary-eyed is at the end of Great Movie Ride.. Something about dramatic movie scenes, even though I don't cry at movies

kdjf4

crying at WDW

OK call me a sentimental fool! I cry at illuminations, wishes, spectro, share a dream or whatever the current 3pm parade is when I am there. I get choked up as soon as I walk into MK, the American Adventure, and of course on my last day. Several years ago I took 3 developmentally disabled women to WDW. The CM and characters were so wonderful. I was constantly choked up as a response to everyone at WDW and the way they made the trip something thoses ladies will never forget. here I go again!

PrincessBitty

My hubby laughs all the time at me and will make a pouty face at any Disney reference b/c it will usually get me going ... home videos from Disney, AA, the song "Remember When", Wishes, heck last night I walked in on the hubby burning a copy of holiday Illuminations to DVD and I burst into tears ... its become a running joke when I get weepy when the DME "mean bus" comes to take us back to the airport ... the tears aren't always so much sad (except the "mean bus") but just so happy I could explode ...

knnyrobb

I cry at the MK opening. And also have cried during Wishes. I have been kown to shed a tear or two on different rides mainly because of emotion from seeing my kids enjoy it all. =)

DisneyCanadian

I don't want to sound like a sap, however I have a teary-eyed story.

Last Sept my gf and I went to WDW. This was her first trip ever. So we get to the MK, and walking up mainstreet, it was about 8pm and when she saw the castle all lit up, her eyes got so big, her jaw dropped, you could tell she was in awe. My eyes teared up a little, it was literally like seeing a kind in a candy store.

It was a great feeling to see someone get so excited over the castle.

mouse_luv

I cry during the first part of Spectro, I love it. It is DISNEY to me. I also cried during wishes this year lol. Even the music makes me well up lol!

David

Different things get to me each trip, but a lot of what has been mentioned in other posts get to me as well. AA, Wishes, Spectro, and always our ending tradition on the last day. This last activity normally takes place after the afternoon parade, then we go over to the picture spot by the Tomorrowland bridge with the castle in the background. We have a photopass photographer take our pictures, then my wife, son and I share a hug and promise to come back next year if at all possible. Then we leave, and I am never able to talk as we walk down Main Street I'm just too choked up.

I'm just a sentimental fool.

diddy_mouse

"Starlight, starbright" in Wishes...
The Peter Pan/Aladdin scenes in PhilharMagic...
The Holiday tag on Illuminations (I actually have myself sniffling on video as I'm filming it!)

I actually cried as we were leaving the MK on our last trip. It hit me right as I clicked through the turnstile and I was weepy on the monorail ride to the Grand Floridian. :lol:

Tiggerfanatic

I bawled like a baby the first time I saw the opening at MK. I also cry at parades, AA and Illuminations, and when my niece first saw Tinkerbelle fly in to the castle - the look on her face was priceless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom