Cruising a hurricane? No Big! Oct 20-27, 2012

As I finally have some spare time, I can get started on my TR (yay!). Hopefully it won't take too long to get it completed. Fasten your seatbelts, and here we go!

Cast of characters:
Me- Not much to say about myself. I live in Orlando, and love it. This will be my second cruise (sailed on the Dream in Feb, and loved it so much I booked this cruise).

Stephanie- my sister. She's 3 years younger then me, and lives in New York state (she's a nurse). This will be her first cruise

Jenny and Travis- friends of mine who also live in Orlando. When I found out we were on the same cruise, me and Jenny got our reservations linked so we could eat together. We also ran into each other a lot during the cruise

joanna71985

Original Poster
The Day Before! Oct 19, 2012
Less then 24 hours to go!! I can't believe the trip is almost here, after 8 months of waiting. My sister was flying down from New York, and we were spending the night at Pop Century (I had never stayed there before, so I was looking forward to trying it out). My sister wouldn't be getting in until early evening, so I relaxed before going over to check in. Check-in was a breeze! There was no line, and I was in and out in no time. We were spending the night in the 80s section. After check in, it was off to MCO to pick her up.

1019121417.jpg

1019121337.jpg

1019121842.jpg

After I picked up Stephanie, we went back to the room to drop off our stuff, then went to DTD for dinner. Where? Earl of Sandwich, of course! It was busier then normal, but we were able to find a table without a problem. We then went to Walmart to grab a few last-minute things, then back to the room. Early start in the morning!

erstwo

Well, since I can't find Tammy's DL TR (which I started weeks ago!) I have decided to make this my first fully read TR in a long time! Ha! Let's get to posting! I can't wait.:D

joanna71985

Original Poster
I've been waiting for this one!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!

Yay! I hope you enjoy it

This sounds like a fun one

It was a fun trip, that's for sure (especially with the last day)

Well, since I can't find Tammy's DL TR (which I started weeks ago!) I have decided to make this my first fully read TR in a long time! Ha! Let's get to posting! I can't wait.:D

Thank you for reading! The next installment should be tonight

joanna71985

Original Poster
Day 1: Oct 20, 2012

It's finally here!! We left Pop Century around 8:20, and were at MCO by around 8:50. Interestingly enough- I felt like we got there around the same time I did for my last cruise (however, this time we wound up on the second bus, instead of the first). But again, we were on the Daisy bus. The only annoying thing is that all of the check-in stuff had to be done at the terminal, and not at MCO. We got to the cruise terminal around 10:45, and the check-in stuff didn't take long at all (but we wound up in group 8). Good news though- we wound up with the dining rotation I was hoping for: AERAERA!! Now there was nothing to do but wait. While waiting, ran into Jenny and Travis (who confirmed we would be eating together). Not long after, they started calling boarding numbers! We made it onto the Fantasy around 11:40. First stop- Cabanas for lunch. We couldn't get into the room until 1:30, so after lunch we just did some exploring. I registered for a game of Midship Detective Agency (Muppets version), but couldn't get very far because the painting I needed was blocked off. But once the room opened, I dropped off my stuff and went to complete the game. I will say that Muppets was my favorite of the 3 games (played it several times during the cruise). I watched Big Miracle and Swiss Family Robinson in the room before dinner (sandwiched around going to the drill. We were on Deck 4, and unfortunately were RIGHT under a speaker. That made for a fun time. I also skipped going to the sail-away show). Dinner was in Animator's Palate. I had the potato and cheese soup (amazing!), chicken and veggies, and ice cream sundae for dessert. After dinner, went back and watched Aladdin before bed

1020120936a.jpg

Daisy bus, for the second cruise in a row

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

1020121051.jpg

Yay! Finally Silver!

1027120605.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

First character of the cruise on the Magic Porthole!

sweetpee_1993

Oh wow! You took advantage of the in-room movies, huh??? Great selection! I loved that!

I always wondered if there was anything to see on the magic porthole at night. You can see the stars! That's so awesome!!! I really want to cruise a magic porthole room. I think if Disney doesn't add these to the inside staterooms on the classic ships during their respective future dry docks they're totally crazy. :D

javy2004

i'm still not too familiar with a lot of aspects of disney cruises. but the aliens and other characters appear in your porthole randomly?? can't wait to read more :D

edit: i just looked into it. this would probably be the kind of room i get bc i tend to rarely be in my room on a cruise or any vacation, but that's just too cool to me!

joanna71985

Original Poster
Oh wow! You took advantage of the in-room movies, huh??? Great selection! I loved that!

I always wondered if there was anything to see on the magic porthole at night. You can see the stars! That's so awesome!!! I really want to cruise a magic porthole room. I think if Disney doesn't add these to the inside staterooms on the classic ships during their respective future dry docks they're totally crazy. :D

Oh yeah. I watched at least 5 different movies during the cruise (most at night, before bed).

The Magic Porthole was really neat! I wasn't lucky enough to see any during my first cruise, but I found several during my last cruise. Hopefully the Magic and Wonder add those during their dry docks

i'm still not too familiar with a lot of aspects of disney cruises. but the aliens and other characters appear in your porthole randomly?? can't wait to read more :D

edit: i just looked into it. this would probably be the kind of room i get bc i tend to rarely be in my room on a cruise or any vacation, but that's just too cool to me!

I don't want to pay a fortune for the room, because I rarely will be in there. So the standard stateroom works perfectly for me (plus, I love the Magic Porthole!).

joanna71985

Original Poster
Well, there is going to be a slight hiatus for the TR. My grandmother passed away, so I'm leaving for NJ tomorrow (and don't get back until Mon).

steviej

Oh yeah. I watched at least 5 different movies during the cruise (most at night, before bed).

The Magic Porthole was really neat! I wasn't lucky enough to see any during my first cruise, but I found several during my last cruise. Hopefully the Magic and Wonder add those during their dry docks

I don't want to pay a fortune for the room, because I rarely will be in there. So the standard stateroom works perfectly for me (plus, I love the Magic Porthole!).

are the movies on demand joanna?

btw, this is steve from msu, and im going on the fantasy next year, can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom