Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Thanks for the Pics Beth! You've got a beautiful family, it looks like you guys had a blast.

One thing --It seems like it was easy to get your family to pose for pics as they seem like camera hams....
But answer me this --

HOW THE HECK DID YOU MANAGE TO GET THESE TWO TO CHARACTERS TO POSE AND SMILE!!?????? :

20130610_163050.jpg
I enjoyed watching CLYDE and MALLOMAR @ THE SEAS.

bethymouse

Original Poster
@ShookieJones
Mommy is a ham! I act in community theater, so I guess they get it from me!;)
Thanks.:)
I had never been upstairs @ The Seas to view the aquarium. It so happened we stumbled upon the dolphin"show"/demonstration. It had me mesmerized ( I love dolphins). At the end of the "show", one of the tricks is to have them pose for the cameras! I really liked this experience! It looks like a picture postcard. It almost doesn't look real! BTW- no flash was used ( at the CMs request). I was surprised it turned out!:D
Thanks again!:D

bethymouse

Original Poster
Great pics!!! I enjoyed reading about your trip!!!
Are you doing anything special for WV 150th Birthday??
Thinking about going to Cass to ride the train.

OMG- great idea! I love love love CASS! No- not doing anything special, but we should have.:( We live so close to Harpers Ferry. We should've visited there. I didn't even think about it!:eek: Bad West Virginian me.;)
Thank you BTW.;)

Minnie1976

I'd like to see if we could get the CityPass: 3 days at DLR, 1 day at SeaWorld, and 1 day at Universal Studios, with an option to buy a day at San Diego Zoo. If you buy it online at Universal, you get an extra Universal day, but I don't think you can buy the Zoo day that way.

Don't expect Universal Studios to be as good as the Universal in Orlando. Wish we hadn't gone to Universal when in California.

Californian Elitist

You've got a good point. Friday, I was looking at their website, and yes, Cali's US seems to be um...missing alot.

Universal Hollywood is indeed different from Orlando, and quite unique. It's an actual major movie and television studio, where all kinds of movies and shows are filmed, or have been filmed. The studio backlot has been there since 1914, almost one hundred years. It wasn't until the sixties when they decided to add some attractions to it. Most of USH's space is the backlot, hence the reason there are only four rides and some shows. The backlot tour is one of the biggest in the world.

USH is worth it, especially if you get a ticket through the CityPass.

Pooh'sBuddy

Universal Hollywood is indeed different from Orlando, and quite unique. It's an actual major movie and television studio, where all kinds of movies and shows are filmed, or have been filmed. The studio backlot has been there since 1914, almost one hundred years. It wasn't until the sixties when they decided to add some attractions to it. Most of USH's space is the backlot, hence the reason there are only four rides and some shows. The backlot tour is one of the biggest in the world.

Good point, too. I've got lots or research to do.

Minnie1976

During our tour of the backlot there was a lot broken, etc. I had been on that tour before and they didn't show you or tell you as much as 29 years ago. We were very disappointed.

Mrsdonaldduck

@bethymouse, great trip report, lovely family & photos!! Thanks for sharing!

@Mrsdonaldduck, who is that child you have been featuring in your avatar these last two weeks? He is adorable!
Ohhhhh thanks so much @Tiggerish!!! You are so sweet! That is my littlest guy. I just figured out how to make a photo my avatar. I am a little slow with the technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom