Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

bethymouse

Original Poster
disney+13+%25282%2529.jpg

bethymouse

Original Poster
I wanted to mention that when we got to SS, my son had an asthma attack, and the room wasn't ready. One of the CMs got our room ready earlier than usual, and he made sure we got our room request.:D We also did Characters in Flight, which truly was a neat experience. ( Just 1 of my sons and I).
I had Lobster Mac n Cheese @ HOB. It was very good!
@ EPCOT the next day we ate @ Biergarten. It was good, especially the Viener Schnitzel, German Potato salad, and red cabbage.
@ MK I got a reuben @ The Plaza. It was yummy, and those fries really are the best! My DH enjoyed his meatloaf meal.:)

bethymouse

Original Poster
We are eating at Turf Club for the first time this December. I'm thrilled to hear your opinion because it seems a little under the radar and not a lot of reviews out there to go by. Glad you enjoyed the restaurant!
Our waitress was also wonderful! If you like onion rings, they are really good too! I had a fish that was like grouper and a bit spicy- so yummy! I also enjoyed the maple custard-like dessert.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom