Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

bethymouse

Original Poster
disney+6-13+%252811%2529.jpg
Orlando International Airport. My boys made it through their 1st flight.

bethymouse

Original Poster
That's all I have. It was a short trip. We wanted to stay longer, but it just didn't happen.:( Not sure when we'll return to WDW. We want to go to DL for something different. Saving up hopefully to go in 2014, but DH said it was too expensive that we'd have to go in 2015.:( We'll see.....

bethymouse

Original Poster
Beth, I am already scouting out ways to make a DL trip as affordable as possible. It helps; I'm not as depressed about leaving WDW as I thought I'd be.
I'm not depressed either. I am just disappointed that our trip to the parks this year ( we only went to MK and EPCOT) was less than magical.:( My favorite part of our stay was DTD and SSR!:) Let me know if you find any DL deals.;)

bethymouse

Original Poster
I wanted to add that the new RFID readers worked well. We used them to pay for everything as the CM asked us if we wanted to use a 4 digit pin number. Apparently it helps when cards are lost or stolen.;) Love the EPCOT ones! The entrance to the park was so much smoother.;) When will MK get those?:eek:

TrolleyFollower91

It's the airfare that gets you!:eek:
I totally understand! Going to Cali is so expensive! The good thing about it is that you can easily stay "off-property" and it doesn't make a huge difference. I was lucky enough to be able to stay at a Disney resort, but if its too expensive another hotel is a super easy way to save money. Also, EVERYONE needs to experience Disneyland- it's terrific :)

Cindee75

Beth - what great pictures - your family looked like it had a great time.:)
Hopefully you were able to control the asthma in the humidity. We have chosen November this trip (September last trip) for that reason. The Florida humidity is not kind to the those with asthma or reactive airways - I have 2 of 3 kids with breathing issues.
Glad you had a good time. Your boys are so cute - enjoy your memories and have fun planning your next vacation whenever it may be. o_O Planning is half the fun.

HouCuseChickie

Love all of the pictures, Beth!!! Also glad that SS was a hit for the fam and the boys did well flying. I hear ya an awful airfare prices. My friend has been teaching me to stalk Southwest's site the same way I'd stalk the Disney site for ADRs. o_O It's kind of a pain in the butt, but ;)...it's already cut our air for September by a dramatic level (like around $930 in savings!). It also saved my parents about $440 on their air for their next trip out to visit us. I'm now hoping it will cut our air for our pending ski trip as well as a few other trips. The same tactics should eventually get us out to Cali for DLR. I have at least seen that unlike WDW, you don't need to stay at the Disney resorts...i.e. the Good Neighbor resorts...that saves a lot. We're also looking at tacking on time in San Diego and maybe even head north if it's in the budget. I'd really like to see the Disney museum in San Fran. OK...I'm rambling :D but hopefully stalking for air will help get you guys out to Cali sooner.

Pooh'sBuddy

I have at least seen that unlike WDW, you don't need to stay at the Disney resorts...i.e. the Good Neighbor resorts...that saves a lot. We're also looking at tacking on time in San Diego and maybe even head north if it's in the budget. I'd really like to see the Disney museum in San Fran. OK...I'm rambling :D but hopefully stalking for air will help get you guys out to Cali sooner.

I'd like to see if we could get the CityPass: 3 days at DLR, 1 day at SeaWorld, and 1 day at Universal Studios, with an option to buy a day at San Diego Zoo. If you buy it online at Universal, you get an extra Universal day, but I don't think you can buy the Zoo day that way.

HouCuseChickie

I'd like to see if we could get the CityPass: 3 days at DLR, 1 day at SeaWorld, and 1 day at Universal Studios, with an option to buy a day at San Diego Zoo. If you buy it online at Universal, you get an extra Universal day, but I don't think you can buy the Zoo day that way.

I had looked at that, but the San Diego Zoo was the only other attraction that we were considering doing. Of course, it looks like we have another 2 years before we even think about doing this (at least, so I think), so our feelings may change. Still, if you can make CityPass work for you - regardless of the city - it's usually a very good deal.

alissafalco

The parks sound miserable! That's really bad if they didn't seem prepared for the crowds. Come on they have no excuse! This is WDW in the summer time, they know what to expect. I'm glad your resort stay was nice and made up for the bummer in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom