Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

bethymouse

Original Poster
No more June, but did I say no more WDW?
I know DL was in the works, but I am just so hooked on WDW!:D
I have always wanted to stay @ Beach Club, so I am trying to still convince DH to go for New Years 2014.:D
A PIN code would be nice.
Pixie Dust needed please.;)

Meredith

No more June, but did I say no more WDW?
I know DL was in the works, but I am just so hooked on WDW!:D
I have always wanted to stay @ Beach Club, so I am trying to still convince DH to go for New Years 2014.:D
A PIN code would be nice.
Pixie Dust needed please.;)
This new years my family's going to Disney and staying at SS we always enjoy it very much. This summer was our 2nd time at the Beach club. In my opinion it is the best resort on Disney property. The marketplace is great for breakfast and to refill the cups. The pool is amazing with an awesome water slide. They have an epic ice cream shop/ diner called Beaches and cream. Also you can walk or take a ferry to Epcot and Hollywood studios.

bethymouse

Original Poster
This new years my family's going to Disney and staying at SS we always enjoy it very much. This summer was our 2nd time at the Beach club. In my opinion it is the best resort on Disney property. The marketplace is great for breakfast and to refill the cups. The pool is amazing with an awesome water slide. They have an epic ice cream shop/ diner called Beaches and cream. Also you can walk or take a ferry to Epcot and Hollywood studios.
I am still hoping. I have always wanted to stay @ all properties in WDW.;) But, by far BC is one that I have wanted for years now.;)

jw24

I felt so bad for everything that happened in parks. Such a shame that you were unable to do the things you wanted. I would never live it down if I went to WDW and I was unable to go on my favorite rides or meet my characters because of time, unbearable weather or crowds and such. Personally, I've only been able to go to WDW during March when all the Spring Breakers are there. Crowded but not unbearable like it's been during the summer months. But I do share your desire to go during an off-peak period! I would do anything to make it happen. But on a different note, I like your pics. They are very nice.

DisneyDebNJ

Love all of the pictures, Beth!!! Also glad that SS was a hit for the fam and the boys did well flying. I hear ya an awful airfare prices. My friend has been teaching me to stalk Southwest's site the same way I'd stalk the Disney site for ADRs. o_O It's kind of a pain in the butt, but ;)...it's already cut our air for September by a dramatic level (like around $930 in savings!). It also saved my parents about $440 on their air for their next trip out to visit us. I'm now hoping it will cut our air for our pending ski trip as well as a few other trips. The same tactics should eventually get us out to Cali for DLR. I have at least seen that unlike WDW, you don't need to stay at the Disney resorts...i.e. the Good Neighbor resorts...that saves a lot. We're also looking at tacking on time in San Diego and maybe even head north if it's in the budget. I'd really like to see the Disney museum in San Fran. OK...I'm rambling :D but hopefully stalking for air will help get you guys out to Cali sooner.
I am STILL waiting to book airfare with Southwest for Nov... but the prices aren't moving!! Last trip, I got tix for $110 each.

LizC

It's the airfare that gets you!:eek:

I've just been planning a trip to WDW for Jan/Feb of 2014 and we briefly debated DL instead. When looking in to flights we were SHOCKED to see the prices were not much more. Clearly booking in advance is important, and where you are coming from I'm sure factors in as well, we live in a suburb of NYC. Just saying look in to it before you count it out as it may not be as bad as it seems.

Great pictures by the way. I hope my kids are that happy to pose when they are that age. ;)

bethymouse

Original Poster
I've just been planning a trip to WDW for Jan/Feb of 2014 and we briefly debated DL instead. When looking in to flights we were SHOCKED to see the prices were not much more. Clearly booking in advance is important, and where you are coming from I'm sure factors in as well, we live in a suburb of NYC. Just saying look in to it before you count it out as it may not be as bad as it seems.

Great pictures by the way. I hope my kids are that happy to pose when they are that age. ;)
Thank you.:D
I actually looked at prices again!
A 6 nights 7 day stay @ Paradise Pier Hotel with a 5-day park hopper ticket ( we've never been so we want to see everything!) and 5 day meal plan ( just easier than cash) plus airfare & motorcoach ( there is a charge for this) total = $ 5,772.52!:eek: Keep in mind this is Dec 31 ( New Years Eve) through Jan 6!
We wanted to stay @ the Beach Club WDW at the same time with only 3 park days and that was actually more $$$.;)
So... I think I am able to convince my DH to take us.:D

LizC

Thank you.:D
I actually looked at prices again!
A 6 nights 7 day stay @ Paradise Pier Hotel with a 5-day park hopper ticket ( we've never been so we want to see everything!) and 5 day meal plan ( just easier than cash) plus airfare & motorcoach ( there is a charge for this) total = $ 5,772.52!:eek: Keep in mind this is Dec 31 ( New Years Eve) through Jan 6!
We wanted to stay @ the Beach Club WDW at the same time with only 3 park days and that was actually more $$$.;)
So... I think I am able to convince my DH to take us.:D

Nice! I will definitely be reading that trip report!

lbrad

Beth ... nice TR!!!
Your family is adorable. Love seeing all the smiles.
My DH is also a school teacher so going to WDW in the summer is all but a must for our family :(
Hate the heat & crowds BUT I need by Disney fix ;)
Wish we could go more in the cooler seasons too.
Hope you are able to get to DLR!! We went back in 2004 ....LOVED IT!!!
Hope to return

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom