Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

Minnie1976

We stayed at a good neighbor hotel and was very happy. I enjoyed the walk and not having to wait for trams or buses to get back to my hotel. Since I am familiar with the parks now, I would really like to make another trip to DLR. Really enjoyed both parks and the attractions. I just would not go back to Universal again.

rob0519

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

Our trip was 6/24-6/30. and we agree. Last June trip to WDW.....same goes for July and August for us.

Kristia

I am still hoping. I have always wanted to stay @ all properties in WDW.;) But, by far BC is one that I have wanted for years now.;)
Just catching up on reports! Despite the crowds, it looks like you had a good time! We always wanted to stay at BC too and were finally able too by renting DVC points from David's Vacation Rentals. So we really stayed at BCV but it was so great to be able to walk to Epcot and the pool was the best! For us, it was much cheaper to rent points rather than go through Disney. We did have to buy or park tix separate as you can't get a package but you can add the dining plan to your reservation.

bethymouse

Original Poster
it looks like you had a good time!
Yes we did, and I miss it already.:(We were planning on 2014 to enjoy the new Mine Train, but it's going to be 2015 hopefully.:eek:

bethymouse

Original Poster
I hate waiting...
I am still hoping for at least a short trip in 2014. I'll be "45" and the boys will be "10" so it's a milestone for us. DL in July would be nice, or WDW in November ( but we'd have to take days off again). No more summers in WDW sadly.:cry: I'd love to go Spring Break, but that's too soon I'm sure.:cautious: I don't even want to mention it to my DH even though I am secretly planning it.:facepalm: Perhaps Thanksgiving or Christmas 2014. If not, then 2015 it'll be.:bawling:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom