Creepiest disney world animatronic.

Rob562

There are a bunch of AAs that creeped me out when I was a kid, but I think the winner is the musician in the renaissance scene in Spaceship Earth, the one with the blond hair playing the guitar-looking thing. I don't even know why, but that one just scared the crap out of me when I was little.

Scared by Gerald Ford, eh? ;) Yup, the AA playing the mandolin (or whatever the instrument is) is President Gerald Ford with a different wig. In a cost-saving measure during construction, they re-used some Hall of Presidents AA faces for minor characters in Spaceship Earth and World of Motion.

And someone else mentioned the bald guy fanning the pharoah in the Egyptian scene. That's Howard Taft without a wig.

World of Motion had a heavily-bearded Nixon in the "invention of the wheel" scene.

And the tradition continues today. The driver of the truck that your car swerves to avoid in Test Track is a flat cutout of none other than Lyndon Johnson with sunglasses on.

-Rob

CThaddeus

I agree with all of you, Ellen aka lady elaine fairchild, someone on here said thats who it looked like awhile back and I thought that was the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board.

Well, I'm glad you and Rover appreciate my little joke. You beat me to it. I was just about to bring that up. I'm glad I read the whole thread first. Yes, she gets top billing as creepiest in my book because, as I noted in another thread, she looks more like Lady Elaine Fairchild from Mr. Rogers than she does Ellen. I have to be honest, that freakin' puppet (and I'm referring to Lady Elaine here) scared the crud out of me when I was little. I love Ellen's Energy Adventure, but that AA needs to go.
Number two would definitely be the Ripley AA everyone else keeps mentioning. She just doesn't look like Sigourney Weaver at all. Sigourney is hot. That thing is just...well, someone hit it with a massive ugly stick.
And number three goes to another already mentioned one - George W. Bush. Nixon is almost as creepy, but not quite.

the-reason14

Scared by Gerald Ford, eh? ;) Yup, the AA playing the mandolin (or whatever the instrument is) is President Gerald Ford with a different wig. In a cost-saving measure during construction, they re-used some Hall of Presidents AA faces for minor characters in Spaceship Earth and World of Motion.

And someone else mentioned the bald guy fanning the pharoah in the Egyptian scene. That's Howard Taft without a wig.

World of Motion had a heavily-bearded Nixon in the "invention of the wheel" scene.

And the tradition continues today. The driver of the truck that your car swerves to avoid in Test Track is a flat cutout of none other than Lyndon Johnson with sunglasses on.

-Rob

wow, and usually when disney does stuff like that im quick to catch. But I never would have guessed that. Thanks for the info.

Ilovewishes

Nope, I'm sorry but for me it's the little dolls in It's a Small World. They are so freaky! I was convinced they were evil from the first time I saw them (anything that sings THAT song has to be evil!) and I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so. In that book, Kingdom Keepers, they attack people!

I knew it!:eek:

momofnine

I just noticed this last week.
It's not as creepy as it is funny and sad:

On carousel of progress, all of the AA's need a little attention and work.

The one that really stuck out to me was
Jimmy, the son, in the 4th of July scene (I believe).

I rode it three times on different days, and each time, only 1 eye would blink. Ok, so it was a little creepy. The grandfather sitting right next to him holding the explosives doesn't help much either :p

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I remember on World of Motion there was an AA that had the dialogue running too fast it was high pitched n kinda eerie wonder if they ever fixed it or just said "eehh forget it youll be scraps soon enough"

PKD

The AA in POTC in the buy a wench scene...the one with his foot dangling over the bridge always creeped me out cause his feet were so nasty!

This is the one I was going to pick as well, however he is located near the end of the ride in the burning town scene. His legs have hair that is just creepy as all get out.. plus the mud on his feet look like it's going to drip right on you!!

JimboJones123

I have 2.

1. The Paperboy. The old script "Eeextra, Eeextra, New York Day-Leeeee" always reminded me of a mix of "They're here" and "Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy Apples" from Toby Tyler. Hidden Mickey???

2. The horrible pirate AA in World of Disney at DTD. Sloth Pirate is REALLY BAD! Didn't remind me of the attraction AT ALL. I still say put the old Captian (Pre Barbossa) outside the attraction.

Frank Stallone

I believe Ellen's AA was designed as a male AA, and was turned into a female AA when it does chosen to be used for U of E. Then again, Ellen is a man, so I suppose changes weren't really necessary. I think that requires one of those smiley things :lookaroun

My vote goes to one of the AA's that was found in the jail scene of PotC. It is the old man with the narrow face with a beard behind the bars (not one of the guys whistling to the dog; there are a few other guys on the other side). Before the refurbishment, his head was always shaking in a creepy half bobblehead, half Parkinson's mode. Also his eyes were facing opposite directions, and his audio wasn't very intelligible.

Unfortunately, his flaws were corrected when the refurbishment took place, so I don't get a chuckle in that scene when I go on PotC.

Kalikala

For me, it's the AA on SSE near the paper boy, near the printing press. He has funky eyes, a creepy smile, and is *right* next to the ride- he just looks so creepy!

Plus, I admit the alien on GMR still freaks me out!

doop

I'd have to say that the Sigourney Weaver AA in the Alien section of the GMR is probably the weirdest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom