Crazy WDW stories....let's hear 'em!

NewfieFan

On our flight from Toronto to Orlando we had the most dysfunctional family I've ever seen. (My husband being a doctor even called social services... he has to report stuff like this - on and off the job!). Well, about half way through our trip we were leaving Epcot one night and boarded one of the lovely packed busses for AS Music. Guess who squeezes themselves on the bus... our favorite dysfunctional family from the flight down! The daughter (around 6 or 7) and their teenage son were seperated from their parents by a few rows of seats. The mother spent the whole trip yelling at her daughter... the whole bus could here her! About part way through the trip she pushes through all the people standing up (and you know how packed those busses can get) and grabs her daughter and drags her back to where she was sitting. She continued to yell and insult her daughter all the while threatening that she was going to be beat when she got back to the hotel room! The whole bus was eerily quiet and all you could hear was this mother yelling and her daughter screaming!
My mother is still not over it! All she wanted to do was hug the little girl! My son was actually passed out asleep in my arms (and nothing wakes him at Disney) and he opened his eyes and said, "I think someone is having a bad night, mommy!" Cute... but sad!

I still wonder about that child today...

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I remember one time (can't remember the year) my bud Randy and I was at the World and people, upon seeing him because he's a bit famous, would just try to punch their way through the crowd and try to get an autograph. Well, Randy and I had security around us but one "fan" managed to get me good right in the jaw.

I remember the ride back to the hotel Randy asked me what happened, and I told him that I took a cheap shot for him. We just laughed cause looking back on it, it was funny but a bit painful.

Really?? Randy? It would have killed you to say his last name as well? :ROFLOL:

sublimesting

How many famous Randy's do you know? :p
RANDY.jpg

I did a quick google search for "Randy" and have come up with a few possibilities.

draybook

Quaid, Travis, two Jacksons, Moss, Newman, Johnson, Bachman, Orton, and I'm sure there's plenty that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Future Guy

We were at MK when Selina Gomez was there and she was coming on stage to do, I dont know whatever it was she was going to do, maybe sing? we werent staying just passing through...and there was this guy, he was about 45 and he was going ape s**t over just the thought that she would be on stage soon, he had no children with him, just his equally as crazy wife saying "Oh honey are you excited? im so excited that your going to get to see her in person!" let me just note, they did not seem mentally handicapped in any way....

My husband kept saying: "walk faster...faster"..............

:lookaroun

There's only one thing to say about that:

hansen.jpg

OilSlinger822

I remember when I went on vacation with my parents one year, we stayed at the campground and my parents decided to sell their RV and get a pop-up camper...well.........normally i would have not had a problem with that, but that's the exact week a tropical storm decided to come through Florida...we hardly ever watch TV, so we didnt know about it. You know how the mattress part sticks out in the pop-up? Well I woke up to the rain soaking through the roof and me bouncing up and down 2 feet in the air on my mattress b/c of the 70mph winds. :eek:I was terrified! So we ran as fast as we could to the nearest covered building and pretty much camped there for the night on the floor. Worst. night. ever. And my phone fell out of my pocket (but didn't realize it) and i found it the next morning in a pile of rain/mud. bummer.

Mikester71

Aweee! My husband and I were on line to ride Expedition everest and there was this kid in front of us, he was like 11 and he was all by himself!! So he talked to us all through the line and he was getting more and more nervious as we got closer to the ride....then he said to us "will one of you ride with me?" So my husband said "yeah man Ill ride with you" My husband said that the minute the ride went backwards he clutched his arm into a bear hug and just screamed the entire time! :lol:

We then brought him to his mom and his aunt who thanked us over and over....my husband ended up buying the picture at the end and it was buy one get one free and we gave the other one to the kid...it was funny to think that in 20 years this kid is going to look at this picture and be like "who the HELL is this guy???"

Everytime we saw him around the park he would run up to my husband and knuckle punch him.

:lol:

Awwww...cute story!!!

Jedi Stitch

All of my CM stories are 2nd hand from a friend who worked at the world in '97. One of the craziest thing she ever had seen, was when she was with a friend on a day off, spending a day at MGM Studios. I think her friend's family was in town and they all were at the studios. They were seated at a sit down, I think the '50's dinner. Next to the table she and company were sitting, was a family of four, Ubiquitous dad, mom, girl and boy. The little boy no more than 10 is picking at his food. The dad, telling his son "Look this cost a lot of money, you need to eat" His reply " Dad, I don't feel good" His dad's response "you haven't felt, good, since we got here, just eat, and we can go enjoy the rest of the day" His son, eats a few bites, asks if he can go to the bathroom, gets up and projectile vomits all over his family's table, the table she was sitting at and like the Exorcist on wheels vomiting every 10 steps to the bathroom. The restaurant manager comes out as fast as he could, and apologizes to all of those involved. He comps all the meals, gets fast passes out for everyone, gets them set up with a new dining option, great Magic Repair to a meal ruined I would say.

GVentola

Well, this is an old thread, but I think I'll paste my old forum post from some other topic here:

This isn't exactly a vacation report, since I'm a local annual passholder and just dropped in to Animal Kingdom for a couple of hours at night, but this is the only spot it really fits. Yesterday, Saturday August 27th, I was on the nighttime version of Kilimanjaro Safaris, thinking, "This is so exciting!", as I'd never been on in the night time before. We saw various animals and birds gathered up to sleep. Then there were a couple of addax (addaxes?) frolicking. In the dark, they looked like ghosts darting back and forth in front of the vehicle. The driver was making sure not to hit any. Then one addax ran by the transport, slid in the mud, and wound up stuck underneath our vehicle! The driver braked and called in for help. We just sat there, looking down over the poor creature, who was struggling to get himself out. Two game wardens arrived, the addax worked his way free and walked away a little. The passengers applauded and the driver shushed us for making enough noise to wake the animals, but then added sincerely, "I'm glad you're happy." I think the addax was briefly checked out by the wardens to make sure it was okay, then it reunited with its friend addaxes, which everyone found touching and said, "Awww!" I was wound up by the incident; it was on one hand an inconvenience, as I would get home later than planned and miss church the next morning sleeping the excitement off. On the other hand, it was a real life adventure and no one seemed to be hurt. If the poor addax was injured or killed, it would have been traumatic for everyone instead of an adventure. I thought of reporting it to the news, but they might blow it out of proportion, and make it seem like there was a good guy and a bad guy.

KraftServices

This isn't super crazy, but one year my family and I were watching an Off-Kilter performance when one of the benches in front of the stage broke. Just collapsed all of a sudden. There was only one person sitting on it and she wasn't even really fat or anything, it was just a freak accident I guess.

A CM appeared suddenly out of nowhere, as they do, and made sure she was okay. I'm not sure if she got anything out of what happened. It was weird, I've never seen anything at Disney just break like that.

Also the guys from Off-Kilter checked up on her after they finished their set. I think she was fine, probably just had a sore behind and bruised ego.

mergatroid

Posted previously in this thread . Many didn't believe me till later on the following day when the media started to report it.

Hi guys, had a look but couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Mrs M and I were in a very crowded Epcot tonight to have a meal at The Rose and Crown and to emjoy IllumiNations. We arrived late afternoon and did a bit in Future World before heading over to World Showcase, Around 7:30pm as we approached Club Cool to get our free drinks we could see a commotion ahead with a lot of angry shouting and movement. As we got close to the entrance there was an angry crowd with people pointing and shouting and there was a nasty atmosphere in the air. A guy lay flat out face down on the concrete with another guy kneeling on his back with his hand pressing the guys face firmly into the floor. The staff had come out of Club Cool and were getting people to move away from the area where possible and people were shouting at the guy held on the floor.

A couple nearby told me that the guy on the floor had been swinging a stick at peoples legs and had then taken a random stranger off her feet with it before a passer by had intervened and 'took him down' for everyones protection. Another guy was telling everyone 'not to panic' and that 'the guy restraining him was a marine' and 'all was ok'. The Club Cool staff member then said that 'security was on their way' and so we ventured in to sample the drinks in the now deserted Club Cool.

The whole thing seemed surreal as I've never witnessed anything (or at least the aftermath of anything) like it before at Disney. Seems like the idiot got what was coming to him anyway, but just wondered if anyone had heard anymore of this unpleasant incident?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom