Country Bear Jamboree Open today?

PhilharMagician

Well, I was there for it's first and second reopening shows. We started about 9:40 waiting outside with Immagineering saying that they were oping to open by noon. About 11:30 they announced that they were definately opening at 12:00. The reason the Imagineer gave us was that the three girls (Bubbles, Beaula and ??) had issues and were up to late last night. We finally entered the preshow area at 11:59 and I knew that this was not going to be an A+ refurb. There were noticable food stains on thw walls and chipped paint on the doors and walls. You would think that while Immagineering was working on show sets that they would have a crew working on the preshow area.:brick:

So on into the theater. I was the first in and sat in the first non handicap row so we could see the details of the show. Here again the theater apparently was not vacuumed or cleaned. I just don't understand why this would not be done.:hammer: The theater was completely full for the first 2 shows. The suspense was killing us, but finally they started the show. The sound is so much better. Before there was a lot of crackling noticed during the show and now that is completely gone. The major differance is in the clarity of the highs and depth of the lows in the sound. The bears themselves looked great. Now there were three AA problems that I saw:

1. The bear band stage did not move forward at all.
  2. The top of the bee's nest honey jar on the piano did not move when the bee sound is heard
  3. Bubble was the only one of the three girls that the mouth's moved, but Bubbles eyes made her looked stoned. Bad girl getting high before a show.
All in all I think it was good, but the cleaning and AA issues should have been addressed prior to opening.

Magicot

:sohappy:

Man, I really hope videos of this show up soon. I'm dying to see how the show looks now! Although stating that *all* the AAs got new fur is incorrect; The three Henry AAs were given new fur back in 2006, so I bet they just gave those a brush-up.

I hope someone puts out a report later today...
Yeah, don't jump to conclusions when you're the one who's incorrect.:wave:

J.E.Smith

Okay, after seeing that video(Oh Chafe, why didn't you record the finale? That's my favorite part of the show and you just *had* to leave it out, didn't you? I *really* wanted to hear that ya know? Now I have to wait for someone to shoot the whole show...), I can say they shouldn't have bothered giving the Henry with Sammy another new coat of fur since it messed up the AA.

As I said earlier, they refurbed that AA back in 2006, giving it new fur and cosmics. It was just fine before the refurb, though Sammy's mouth had a habit of freezing up in the past year. Now he doesn't even come out all the way! I hope they fix this in the coming days.

Peabody

You guys picked up on some things that I didn't notice weren't working.

I would sure think they will fi the AA issues. I just still wish the sound could be better. I disagree that everything can be clearly understood now. WAY more than before sure can, but not everything. I wonder exactly what they did with replacing the sound system....I can't believe it was complete based on what I heard. DIsney has shown us what that sounds like in other refurbs.

Cmdr_Crimson

They all look great I was there the night before they refurb the show. But, I noticed on the vid that Zeke's hat was missing..Hope they get it on Him soon.

WDW1974

Sounds like a typical half-a$$ed redo.

It would be nice if they could put some real TLC into these classics. They did for Mansion.

Chape19714

Okay, after seeing that video(Oh Chafe, why didn't you record the finale? That's my favorite part of the show and you just *had* to leave it out, didn't you? I *really* wanted to hear that ya know? Now I have to wait for someone to shoot the whole show...), I can say they shouldn't have bothered giving the Henry with Sammy another new coat of fur since it messed up the AA.

As I said earlier, they refurbed that AA back in 2006, giving it new fur and cosmics. It was just fine before the refurb, though Sammy's mouth had a habit of freezing up in the past year. Now he doesn't even come out all the way! I hope they fix this in the coming days.
Cause I wanted Still pictures...:lol: I really wans't thinking when I taped the show.

PhilharMagician

I'll post pics here in the next few days after I get caught up here at work. As far as a half a$$ed refurb, I don't think that is true. Also comaring this refurb to HM is also not fair. The CB's were only down one month and that really is not that much time. Give it time and they will have everything working. During both shows that I saw Imagineering was standing in the back and taking notes. They understand that there are still issues, that is why the show opened 3 hours late on Saturday to fix a few major issues.

disneydata

CBJ opened late today, but never should have.

Please, if you are in Florida, go see the show. If you are disappointed with the quality (which you probably will be), go to Guest Relations and file a complaint. This is the ONLY way it will be heard.

Some of the noticeable problems I saw today:

-Big Al's head leaning to the side at an unnatural angle.
-Last Henry looked drunk (swaying a lot, flopping hands, eyes half open).
-Sammy is only half way up Henry's hat; only able to see his eyes.
-Melvin has one eyelid stuck open and one eye with paint streaks on it.
-Tennessee's eyes are closed and he's playing guitar from 8 inches away form the string.
-Wendell has no movement on the left side of his body.
-Bubbles has very little mouth movement and body is turned to the right.
-Buelah hits Bunny in the arm, has NO mouth movement, eyes are out of sync, and left hand hits herself in the face.
-Liver Lips McGrowl's curtain opens late.
-Teddi Barra has very little mouth movement.

I was very disappointed with what I saw. Yes, the audio sounds great apart from a few little things, but this is just absurd. There is a YouTube video posted, but it doesn't do it justice.

Peabody

Wow....I knew some AAs were messed up (especially the triplet girls), but I didn't catch just how many. They should have just kept it closed.....would the guests really have rioted? Perhaps the deadline was imposed by management and the imagineers were super rushed to try to do what they wanted to do?

Am I the only one that was let down that the sound wasn't improved as much as they hoped?

Chape19714

Please, if you are in Florida, go see the show. If you are disappointed with the quality (which you probably will be), go to Guest Relations and file a complaint. This is the ONLY way it will be heard.

-Tennessee's eyes are closed and he's playing guitar from 8 inches away form the string.
-Buelah hits Bunny in the arm, has NO mouth movement, eyes are out of sync, and left hand hits herself in the face.

I was very disappointed with what I saw. Yes, the audio sounds great apart from a few little things, but this is just absurd. There is a YouTube video posted, but it doesn't do it justice.

In addition, the stage didn't move at all for the band, and the work lights were on, causing white light coming in from the curtain cracks. I am disappointed too.

Wow....I knew some AAs were messed up (especially the triplet girls), but I didn't catch just how many. They should have just kept it closed.....would the guests really have rioted? Perhaps the deadline was imposed by management and the imagineers were super rushed to try to do what they wanted to do?

Am I the only one that was let down that the sound wasn't improved as much as they hoped?

No, you're not the only one.

danesporty

Original Poster

That doesnt sound good at all. Come on disney, show the bears alittle love. Anyone have any updates from today to see if work is being done over night?

DisneyNut2007

IMO, I think that they did a pretty good job with the CBJ rehab and gave them a great deal of love. The overall attraction looks and sounds a whole lot better now than it did before the rehab.

While I do agree that they still have some kinks to work out (and I'm optimistic that they will be straightened out), I don't see this rehab as being half-***** at all.

danesporty

Original Poster
IMO, I think that they did a pretty good job with the CBJ rehab and gave them a great deal of love. The overall attraction looks and sounds a whole lot better now than it did before the rehab.

While I do agree that they still have some kinks to work out (and I'm optimistic that they will be straightened out), I don't see this rehab as being half-***** at all.

Just going off of what disneydata said about a number of problems with the animatronics, it sounds like there are ALOT of kinks that need to be fixed. Maybe they should have kept it closed for a week or two more and finished it completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom