Country Bear Jamboree Open today?

jt04

No bad, its all mostly good. :) I think there may be a few opening gremlins, some of the AAs wernt quite right (eyes shut), but on the whole, its a very good refurb. The opening show was full BTW.

Excellent. Only disappointment for me is they didn't take the opportunity to do the Christmas overlay but perhaps they needed the money for SM or the new pod transport system.

Thanks for the info!

TheDisneyMagic

Excellent. Only disappointment for me is they didn't take the opportunity to do the Christmas overlay but perhaps they needed the money for SM or the new pod transport system.

Thanks for the info!

I Don't think we are going to be seing this back for a long time, if ever.

WDWFigment

I have the soundtrack to the Country Christmas Bears from a collection of Disney CDs. It is now part of my holiday :xmas: iPOD playlist, along with the Haunted Mansion / Jack Skellington soundtrack. Yo Ho Yo Ho, The Elv-ish life for me! (Oops, no Pirat-ical Christmas!)

The Country Bear Christmas songs were individually released on the Disney CDs? I have the entire show from the Musical History of Disneyland, but I would far prefer the songs individually.

Mousebits, my friend. It's for all your Disney Theme Park music lusts.

I checked Mousebits CBC stuff, and I didn't see anything. Did I just miss it? :shrug:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Watched it this afternoon around 2PM. A couple of observations:

- Audio sounds great; Nice and bright and crisp as opposed to the flat and dull audio of the last few years. Lots of audio layers that I hadn't heard in years.

- During the show I saw, the little guy in the front of the platform with the band was not squeaking his teddy at the end of the sequences.

- Characters look great.

- There was one animatronic problem with Henry in the later part of the show when he is on the right-most stage and has the raccoon hat on. It seemed that his spine had broken and he was leaning very far to the our left and backward. The movements and audio were all there, he was just leaning backward and to the side. There was a maintenance CM at the left of the theatre when we were leaving so I'm sure they were preparing to try and deal with it.

spectrodanny

In the past month, Country Bears has received a huge amount of refurbishment. The original soundtrack has been completely remastered and all of the animatronics have new fur. CB-Xmas will not be returning due to the fact that Disney no longer wants to pay for the rights of each holiday song.

Well if THAT is the issue what's going to happen when the license for songs like "Blood On The Saddle" and "Tears Will Be the Chaser For your Wine" expire? are they going to be all "Oh sure will pay the rights for THOSE" pfft

WDWFigment

Well if THAT is the issue what's going to happen when the license for songs like "Blood On The Saddle" and "Tears Will Be the Chaser For your Wine" expire? are they going to be all "Oh sure will pay the rights for THOSE" pfft

I was under the impression that all of those songs were in the public domain. Does anyone know whether this is true?

J.E.Smith

Watched it this afternoon around 2PM. A couple of observations:

- Audio sounds great; Nice and bright and crisp as opposed to the flat and dull audio of the last few years. Lots of audio layers that I hadn't heard in years.

- During the show I saw, the little guy in the front of the platform with the band was not squeaking his teddy at the end of the sequences.

- Characters look great.

- There was one animatronic problem with Henry in the later part of the show when he is on the right-most stage and has the raccoon hat on. It seemed that his spine had broken and he was leaning very far to the our left and backward. The movements and audio were all there, he was just leaning backward and to the side. There was a maintenance CM at the left of the theatre when we were leaving so I'm sure they were preparing to try and deal with it.

You know, I'm suprised no one's brought up one thing.

Did they *finally* fix Trixie's eye?

MUST. HAVE. VIDEO!

Peabody

My family and I were there today. I guess I wasn't as impressed with the other posters. Maybe I was expecting the same quality Disney has done with other refurbs like WDW's HM, DL's Tiki Room, or Pirates.

My take: Much improved, but not nearly enough.

The last few months we saw it 3 or 4 times for our son. I LOVE the bears, but you could barely hear, let alone understand much of the words, spoken or sung. The animatronics weren't awful looking to me, but sure looked like they could use some love (especially the mounted heads).

Today I knew it wasn't the great rehab like I wanted it to be when the CM delivered his intro words into the mic. It still sound like crappy AM radio, just less crappy. The 3 guys on the wall started....they sounded better, and louder, but not anything "Hi-fi" at all. They appeared to have recieved some tlc, but were still quite noisey in their movements.

The main show:
Lighting - MUCH improved. Lighting was bright and very good all around...much, much improved.
AAs - Skin/fur looked nice (don't know if it was new) and most movement good. There were several things noticibly wrong though....one AA with a non-functioning mouth...2 or 3 with eyes not acting right, and some costuming pieces that were oddly askew. That was puzzling to me.

Most importantly - the SOUND: Before it sounded like really crappy AM radio with some damaged speakers. It also was WAY too quiet. The sound now was much imporved, but I was let down. Volume was definately better, but not nearly enough. Quality was a lot better, but not nearly enough. It was like really, really good AM radio now. There were parts I was just still having trouble clearly understanding what was being said/sung.

End verdict: I LOVE the bears. The condition of the show went from a D-/F in my book to a C+/B-.

fizzle75

Awww man, this just made my day( I think I just peed my pants a lil bit)! I love the bears but have been so disappointed with them, especially the audio, for the past few trips. I can't wait to see them in early December(just 4 more weeks...YAY!!!). It's still such a shame that I'll never get to see the Christmas show in person. :(

...oh well, thanks to Jeff Lange I can at least watch it on DVD whenever I get the hankerin'!:D

J.E.Smith

Actually I hear its still a work in progress and they're going to be making a few more touchups in the next couple of evenings.

Peabody

I'm would hope the touch-ups would fix the broken AA parts and askew costumes, but I'm sure they won't provide the appropriately loud, high-fidelity sound I wanted. Maybe they can at least balance the mix (some bears were more quiet than others, but maybe that was due to where I was sitting), but I'll believe it when I hear it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d guess that the attraction is still under T&A. It opened on the date announced, but like PotC, the HM and SSE the finishing touches and audio balance will be done in the coming weeks. This seems to be the norm recently.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I`d guess that the attraction is still under T&A. It opened on the date announced, but like PotC, the HM and SSE the finishing touches and audio balance will be done in the coming weeks. This seems to be the norm recently.

Yep they dont appear to be done. There was a delayed opening, and a number of non-operations staff milling around.

The main thing is the attraction now has understandable audio - that has to be a significant boost.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here's a photo of the reopening show queue.

Attachments

• P1060863 [800x600].JPG
    P1060863 [800x600].JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 90

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom