News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Mike S

Considering it might’ve been IP or nothing…
200w.gif

The animatronic upgrades are amazing and the artists did a really good job with the material. Using “Fixer Upper” rather than other more popular choices from Frozen was a good call. My only real complaint is that in addition to “Come Again” at the end I wish they could’ve kept the original intro song as well.

TrainsOfDisney

By the way, is Ernest's smoke an actual smoke machine or dry ice? Some people are curious if it's actual smoke that it doesn't set off the fire alarms
It’s a theatrical fog machine. A liquid is heated up to cause a vapor and that vapor is released as a cloud of “smoke”

There are also haze machines, like the kind used in theaters - they want an even haze to build up rather than a puff of smoke so they break up particles that fill the room with a light haze.

Then there is “low lying fog” which has the same effect as the old dry ice effect. The fog is cooled so it hugs the ground - this effect is used in the frozen show during let it go for example.

Inspired Figment

BGM loops are full of songs they don't own, and presumably paying a fee for.

Insiders have not cited the cost of licensing for the demise of GMR, but rather the cost of its upkeep.

And insiders have repeatedly said the cost of licensing TZ is negligible.

IP has its own reason for taking over everything that has nothing to do with the cost of licensing. It's... synergy as Uncle Walt wanted...

View attachment 802375
As I’ve pointed out before and is shown.. quite clearly.. “Creative ‘TALENT’ of Studio Theatrical Films”.. VERY important distinction. not the theatrical films themselves. Hence why folks like Marc Davis, X Atencio, Claude Coates, etc. ‘all’ came from the film studio and Walt had them work on original WED/WDI stuff because of their ‘talent’. Nuf said, this point and saying it was the way “Walt wanted/planned it” is false. End of story. There was also a reason their theatrical films were relegated to Fantasyland, its castle, and meet n greets and why Walt never stopped strictly there when it came to new park attractions. If he wanted it the other way around, it would’ve been that way and we never would’ve gotten Park originals.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I already talked about this before, but after seeing Deadpool 3, the most self-referential and self-promoting entry in the series, it's clear that this trend is impacting all divisions of the company and everything Disney does*.

We're past concerns about too many sequels and IP only rides. Now every type of media put out by the company has to reference something else. Nothing exists or stands on its own anymore. Everything is a tribute, callback, homage, whatever to something that came before it. Individually, they may be touching or amusing, but collectively, repeatedly, they grow tiresome. Wish was the most egregious example of this, but it's hardly alone. Brandy plays Cinderella again in the latest Descendants movie. The Disney+ Tiana show will be connected to the ride. The Hall of Presidents is dedicated to Walt Disney**. DVC towers are tied into Walt's travels, or rejected construction ideas. Now there are rumors that CoP will reference Horizons, an attraction the company would never build today, was left to rot, for a park they said was insufficiently "Disney". The only consistency is mining the past and working it into every future project, regardless of how that entity was treated at the time of its debut or how it even makes sense in the context of the newer offering. How long before the direct-to-video movies get propped up this way?

And people are eating it up, especially when it comes to things like Country Bears or Small World. Relics of another era that the current generation of fans and Imagineers have no attachment to (How old were they when Disneyland's CBJ closed in 2001?) and only love in hindsight when the company highlights and reimagines them as "Disney"

It's maddening because Walt himself was notoriously eccentric and obsessive about all sorts of ideas. Leonard Maltin has talked about this before, and how the studio's library is full of interesting gems that resulted from this, but it goes beyond movies. The company's history likes to play up the gambles that paid off in the biggest way (Snow White, Disneyland), but his career is full of projects that had no obvious monetary return, didn't return their investment for years (or never) or didn't continue a trend or through line. He didn't just say "you can't top pigs with pigs", he moved on from cartoon pigs to city planning. Which makes zero sense, unless your Walt Disney.

Asha should have wished for the company to get over itself and back to thinking outside their self imposed box.

*Deadpool did it first and better. The new movie is fun, but I can't disagree with those who feel its too self-indulgent in its fan service

**a nice idea, but a clear example of hand holding the audience because we're so far removed from the Disney of the 60s that we now have explain to the guests why an opening day WDW exclusive show is still there. It has to be given explicit "Disney" content or branding

Mike S

I already talked about this before, but after seeing Deadpool 3, the most self-referential and self-promoting entry in the series, it's clear that this trend is impacting all divisions of the company and everything Disney does*.

We're past concerns about too many sequels and IP only rides. Now every type of media put out by the company has to reference something else. Nothing exists or stands on its own anymore. Everything is a tribute, callback, homage, whatever to something that came before it. Individually, they may be touching or amusing, but collectively, repeatedly, they grow tiresome. Wish was the most egregious example of this, but it's hardly alone. Brandy plays Cinderella again in the latest Descendants movie. The Disney+ Tiana show will be connected to the ride. The Hall of Presidents is dedicated to Walt Disney**. DVC towers are tied into Walt's travels, or rejected construction ideas. Now there are rumors that CoP will reference Horizons, an attraction the company would never build today, was left to rot, for a park they said was insufficiently "Disney". The only consistency is mining the past and working it into every future project, regardless of how that entity was treated at the time of its debut or how it even makes sense in the context of the newer offering. How long before the direct-to-video movies get propped up this way?

And people are eating it up, especially when it comes to things like Country Bears or Small World. Relics of another era that the current generation of fans and Imagineers have no attachment to (How old were they when Disneyland's CBJ closed in 2001?) and only love in hindsight when the company highlights and reimagines them as "Disney"

It's maddening because Walt himself was notoriously eccentric and obsessive about all sorts of ideas. Leonard Maltin has talked about this before, and how the studio's library is full of interesting gems that resulted from this, but it goes beyond movies. The company's history likes to play up the gambles that paid off in the biggest way (Snow White, Disneyland), but his career is full of projects that had no obvious monetary return, didn't return their investment for years (or never) or didn't continue a trend or through line. He didn't just say "you can't top pigs with pigs", he moved on from cartoon pigs to city planning. Which makes zero sense, unless your Walt Disney.

Asha should have wished for the company to get over itself and back to thinking outside their self imposed box.

*Deadpool did it first and better. The new movie is fun, but I can't disagree with those who feel its too self-indulgent in its fan service

**a nice idea, but a clear example of hand holding the audience because we're so far removed from the Disney of the 60s that we now have explain to the guests why an opening day WDW exclusive show is still there. It has to be given explicit "Disney" content or branding
As a CBMJ enjoyer I still agree with this.

On Hall of Presidents now referencing Walt isn’t it true that the idea does actually date back to him for Disneyland’s Edison Square?

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

You know, with the bears singing Disney songs, there was one song that would have been perfect for Buff to sing...though it would fit a Halloween show more than the Musical Jamboree: The Headless Horseman song from Sleepy Hollow, especially since Thurl Ravenscroft sang a cover of it.

If the rumor of new seasonal shows were true, what could they do for Halloween? The Headless Horseman could work, though idk if giving a song solely to the stuffed heads would work well.

“Blood on the Saddle” would be great for Al and would feel more appropriate (to a modern audience) in a spooky show, though I also feel like each show should have an entirely unique setlist. If we were to reuse more songs though, “Ghost Riders in the Sky” would also work.

If the rumor of new seasonal shows were true, what could they do for Halloween? The Headless Horseman could work, though idk if giving a song solely to the stuffed heads would work well.

“Blood on the Saddle” would be great for Al and would feel more appropriate (to a modern audience) in a spooky show, though I also feel like each show should have an entirely unique setlist. If we were to reuse more songs though, “Ghost Riders in the Sky” would also work.
Okay, here’s a rough idea for a set list:

Country Bear Halloween Hoedown

* Bach’s Toccata and Fugue - Gomer
* [Original Opening Song] - Henry, Gomer, and the Five Bear Rugs
* “Midnight in Montgomery” by Alan Jackson - Wendell and Henry
* “Spooky” by Dusty Springfield - Trixie and Gomer
* “Haunted House” by Jumpin’ Gene Simmons - Romeo McGrowl
* “I Put a Spell on You” from Hocus Pocus - The Sun Bonnets
* “Ghost Riders in the Sky” by Johnny Cash - The Five Bear Rugs
* “The House is Haunted” by Mel Tormé - Shaker
* “Sally’s Song” & “Sally’s Song (Reprise)” from the Nightmare Before Christmas- Teddi Barra and Henry
* “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels - Ernest
* “Blood on the Saddle” by Tex Ritter - Big Al
* “The Headless Horseman” from The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad - Henry, Sammy, Buff, Max, and Melvin
* “Trick or Treat for Halloween” from Trick or Treat (1952)- Cast (minus Trixie and Ernest)

UPDATED: Swapped out Trixie and Romeo’s songs with some great suggestions by Magicart87!

I feel like the finale could use a more “show stopping” song, but I can’t think of one that would still fit the show. “This is Halloween” is too specific to NBC (Sally’s Song can be modified slightly to work as a general love song), and most popular “Halloween” songs are too modern. I suppose “Trick or Treat” could work as the opening song, and something original for the end song.

Last edited:

* “Midnight in Montgomery” - Wendell and Henry
* “Ghost Story” - Trixie and Gomer
* “I Put a Spell on You” - Romeo McGrowl
* “Yodeling Ghost” - The Sun Bonnets
* “Ghost Riders in the Sky” - The Five Bear Rugs
* “The House is Haunted” - Shaker
* “Sally’s Song” & “Sally’s Song (Reprise) - Teddi Barra and Henry
* “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” - Ernest
* “Blood on the Saddle” - Big Al
* “The Headless Horseman” - Henry, Sammy, Buff, Max, and Melvin
* “Trick or Treat” - Cast (minus Trixie and Ernest)
And just for fun, costume ideas!

* Henry - striped suit jacket with bat bow tie, ala Jack Skellington. His top hat is back, this time with a spiderweb pattern.
* Sammy - back on Henry’s head, popping out of the top hat. Wears a pumpkin hat.
* Melvin- cobwebs in antlers, with a spider dangling down.
* Buff - Frankenstein bolts in neck?
* Max - orange string lights in antlers.
* Gomer - Dracula cape and high collar. Maybe a Phantom of the Opera mask too? Beehive on piano is replaced with a jack-o-lantern.
* The Five Bear Rugs- same as the CBMJ outfits, but with orange/black instead of blue bandanas. Tennessee’s bird has a pumpkin for a head.
* Wendell - white cowboy hat, black vest, and belt with pumpkin buckle.
* Trixie - black silky dress with a black bow & veil. Holding a candle in one hand and a handkerchief in the other.
* Romeo McGrowl - His CBMJ outfit but black with orange accents. His hair is dyed black, and the rose in his hair is replaced with a candied apple that’s gotten all tangled up, and maybe he has candy stuck all over him as well. His guitar is shaped like a skull.
* The Sun Bonnets - dressed with costumes inspired by the Hocus Pocus witches. Not their exact costumes as that’d look tacky.
* Shaker - typical sheet ghost costume, but with one large hole for his entire face. Maybe he’s partnered with a black cat, much like he was in the other seasonal overlays?
* Teddi Barra - witch hat with a purple boa. Her necklace is purple gems, and her swing is wrapped in webbing instead of rose vines.
* Ernest - Black vest, red bow tie, and a black cowboy hat.
* Big Al - Blood red tattered cowboy hat, black vest with red accents, and a trick or treat bucket full of candy instead of his jug.

The theater would be decorated similarly to the Christmas show, with orange string lights added all over. There’d also be lots of cobwebs, jack-o-lanterns, and perhaps some candles as well. I also imagine there could be a gag with the lights going out suddenly to scare everyone, but it was actually just Rufus tripping over a wire.

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

* Bach’s Toccata and Fugue - Gomer
* “Midnight in Montgomery” - Wendell and Henry
* “Ghost Story” - Trixie and Gomer
* “Yodeling Ghost” - Romeo McGrowl
* “I Put a Spell on You” - The Sun Bonnets
* “Ghost Riders in the Sky” - The Five Bear Rugs
* “The House is Haunted” - Shaker
* “Sally’s Song” & “Sally’s Song (Reprise) - Teddi Barra and Henry
* “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” - Ernest
* “Blood on the Saddle” - Big Al
* “The Headless Horseman” - Henry, Sammy, Buff, Max, and Melvin
* “Trick or Treat” - Cast (minus Trixie and Ernest)

I feel like the finale could use a more “show stopping” song, but I can’t think of one that would still fit the show. “This is Halloween” is too specific to NBC (Sally’s Song can be modified slightly to work as a general love song), and most popular “Halloween” songs are too modern. I suppose “Trick or Treat” could work as the opening song, and something original for the end song.
I'd definitely want to hear a CB version of:

Spooky - Dusty Springfield
Haunted House - Jumpin Gene Simmons

Friends on the Other Side for intro/outro.

I'd definitely want to hear a CB version of:

Spooky - Dusty Springfield
Haunted House - Jumpin Gene Simmons

Friends on the Other Side for intro/outro.
I really dig those ideas, I’d replace “Ghost Story” with “Spooky” since I think it fits Trixie well, and then “Haunted House” would fit Romeo really well!

Friends on the Other Side could work with a little adjustments to the lyrics. Though I’m wondering if Disney would go for that song, given their aversion to Facilier lately.

J.E.Smith

I really dig those ideas, I’d replace “Ghost Story” with “Spooky” since I think it fits Trixie well, and then “Haunted House” would fit Romeo really well!

Friends on the Other Side could work with a little adjustments to the lyrics. Though I’m wondering if Disney would go for that song, given their aversion to Facilier lately.
The only issue with trying to pick songs for Trixie and the Sun Bonnets is if the show stays at the 10-minute runtime, then if Trixie and the Sun Bonnets would still have to have a combined number to fit everyone in.

The only issue with trying to pick songs for Trixie and the Sun Bonnets is if the show stays at the 10-minute runtime, then if Trixie and the Sun Bonnets would still have to have a combined number to fit everyone in.
That’s fair. I wasn’t super concerned with length, I was going for a Vacation Hoedown-esque length. If I were to fit it under 10 minutes I think I’d make Trick or Treat the opening, Ghost Riders the finale, and cut Headless Horseman (Sammy just joins in for the finale instead)

I’m working on a hypothetical script and without the last two songs it’s 11 minutes which isn’t awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom