News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

FigmentJedi

There is that, but a problem even deeper than that. When I say Disney themed to Disney problem, I don't mean just IP.

I mean everything at this point is a reference to something else, that is no longer there but can't be gotten as a joke if you did not know it. An entire premise can't be an inside joke or homage. Like Sammy the Raccoon now arbitrary to the show, Or Hatbox Ghost finally being back as a thing people wanted and a recent movie used, but not a proper placed gag for the attraction, or the mechandise that is unique typically being a silly meta take on the characters. Most of the concept for Star Tours when it reopened was that it was a prequel to the Star Tour ride before, it does not play the same way as a prequel movie does.
Star Tours also has baggage check essentially just being a long series of meta sight gags.

celluloid

You see normally I would care, but I am extremely biased towards country bear stuff. Valid complaint tho. Not trying to be snarky, I just really like the singing bears lol
No snark taken or meant here, I love the bears too and this quoted post is a different phrasing of
"At least we have the Bears" statement.
But instead of a show, accompanying resteraunt, or revamp, it is likely just a signage for merch.

lazyboy97o

They are paying for the songs on Guardians - they even chose multiple songs and not just 1.
It’s one of those things that easy to say because it seems plausible enough. Music licensing has a whole decades old infrastructure behind it that actually makes it a lot more of a known streamlined process. It’s why background music loops can and do so often include music not owned by Disney.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Wouldn't it be a funny coincidence if Disneyland announced on a Saturday a new addition that brings back long requested characters within 24 hours of a vote by Disneyland workers to authorize a union strike in a way to divert attention from that that would be pretty wild haha ha
This makes me think a Pecos retheme could be announced a D23- only reason they announced DL’s was to disrupt the union strike. WDW’s would be saved for D23 if they were going to do it.

mickEblu

Furthering the "Disney themed to itself" problem.

True and yet I wonder if any corporation can avoid this when they become this large and successful.

The first time this issue became crystal clear to me was when they rethemed the Snow Whites Scary Adventures facade at Disneyland from being more realistic to a brighter and cheerier facade. In other words, trying to match what they think peoples expectations of what Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Disneyland and Disney mean to people in 2021. Where at first it was a Snow White ride housed behind a time period/ setting appropriate facade, now even the facade had been Disneyfied. I mean, they turned the dungeon in the queue into a bedroom. Lol.

I think part of what makes Disneyland so great for me is the magic that is hiding in plain sight. You walk into an ordinary looking building and go on the Pirate adventure of a lifetime on POTC. Or how on Splash Mountain you're queued up in a plain old barn somewhere in the country until you go down the first drop and are suddenly in a fantasy world of singing critters. It's kind of like the Narnia Wardrobe effect.

TrainsOfDisney

It's kind of like the Narnia Wardrobe effect.
That’s a really interesting point - I think many attractions build up the experience too much before getting into the ride vehicle. The mermaid ride feels like such a let down at WDW but seems appropriate at DL - but it’s not built up as much.

Certainly the lines can help tell a story - jungle cruise is a great example - but don’t make the pre-show better than the show! Haha

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Are they teasing a return of Vacation Hoedown???

Assuming this is anything more than nostalgia bait- if they were to start cycling shows again, would they bring back old ones or make new versions? I feel like it'd be weird to have "new" Vacation/Christmas shows, but it also makes sense in a way.

If they did a new Vacation show- what songs do you think they'd do? I feel like "Take Me Home, Country Roads" would be an easy answer, and if they needed IP, "Life is a Highway" would probably work. "Thank God I'm a Country Bear" would still work really well as a finale, especially if they give each bear a solo line like they did in the original. I wish the new show's finale did that.

Moth

Assuming this is anything more than nostalgia bait- if they were to start cycling shows again, would they bring back old ones or make new versions? I feel like it'd be weird to have "new" Vacation/Christmas shows, but it also makes sense in a way.

If they did a new Vacation show- what songs do you think they'd do? I feel like "Take Me Home, Country Roads" would be an easy answer, and if they needed IP, "Life is a Highway" would probably work. "Thank God I'm a Country Bear" would still work really well as a finale, especially if they give each bear a solo line like they did in the original. I wish the new show's finale did that.
"Country Roads", "Life is a Highway" and "Devil Went Down to Georgia" would be solid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom