News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Moth

Assuming this is anything more than nostalgia bait- if they were to start cycling shows again, would they bring back old ones or make new versions? I feel like it'd be weird to have "new" Vacation/Christmas shows, but it also makes sense in a way.

If they did a new Vacation show- what songs do you think they'd do? I feel like "Take Me Home, Country Roads" would be an easy answer, and if they needed IP, "Life is a Highway" would probably work. "Thank God I'm a Country Bear" would still work really well as a finale, especially if they give each bear a solo line like they did in the original. I wish the new show's finale did that.
"Country Roads", "Life is a Highway" and "Devil Went Down to Georgia" would be solid.

J.E.Smith

Assuming this is anything more than nostalgia bait- if they were to start cycling shows again, would they bring back old ones or make new versions? I feel like it'd be weird to have "new" Vacation/Christmas shows, but it also makes sense in a way.

If they did a new Vacation show- what songs do you think they'd do? I feel like "Take Me Home, Country Roads" would be an easy answer, and if they needed IP, "Life is a Highway" would probably work. "Thank God I'm a Country Bear" would still work really well as a finale, especially if they give each bear a solo line like they did in the original. I wish the new show's finale did that.
Well, new ones would make sense, with A.J. replacing Peter as Henry. I said it earlier, that with Pete as old as he is, maybe they want Henry's voice to be consistent between Musical Jamboree and any other new shows they put out in case Pete passes away before they make another one. (Makes me wonder though if they get Emily Ann Roberts back to voice Trixie for any other later shows)

The Chatbox Ghost

Well, new ones would make sense, with A.J. replacing Peter as Henry. I said it earlier, that with Pete as old as he is, maybe they want Henry's voice to be consistent between Musical Jamboree and any other new shows they put out in case Pete passes away before they make another one. (Makes me wonder though if they get Emily Ann Roberts back to voice Trixie for any other later shows)
Yeah, consistency would be nice for the bears. It’d be really sad to see Pete’s voice be retired but like you said, if he were to pass away they’d have to use AJ anyways. Maybe they can get Pete in to record a safety line or something that can be used forever.

The Chatbox Ghost

Would love to see the older shows come back even just for limited time like the do with the OG Soarin.
The OG show would be great for park anniversaries, although I'm sure it'd be edited. Either the 2012 version, or a different version- perhaps the entire original show, just sans "Little Buford" since they really seem to think that's the problem. Maybe we could get the full original show for an after-hours event like Throwback Night?

In the Parks
No
The OG show would be great for park anniversaries, although I'm sure it'd be edited. Either the 2012 version, or a different version- perhaps the entire original show, just sans "Little Buford" since they really seem to think that's the problem. Maybe we could get the full original show for an after-hours event like Throwback Night?
Did we hear anything about Little Buford other than speculation on this board?

The Chatbox Ghost

Did we hear anything about Little Buford other than speculation on this board?
I'm not sure, but if you look at their track record of things they're changing/removing lately, there's a common theme. I would personally believe if there was a single thing they didn't like about the 2012 version of the show, it's Little Buford. Again, full disclosure, I love that bit and I think it's hilarious, but I doubt corporate feels the same.

trueblue.221

Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of stuffed animal baby oscar is holding in the country Bear musical jamboree? From YouTube it looks like a blue bulldog to me, and a small Big Al plushie to my son LOL

Cmdr_Crimson

Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of stuffed animal baby oscar is holding in the country Bear musical jamboree? From YouTube it looks like a blue bulldog to me, and a small Big Al plushie to my son LOL
Yep it is Big Al...
Country-Bear-Jamboree_Full_56855.jpg

It reminds me of the discontinued Pook-A-Looz..
a194e9384a2fc3ed4420f1bf81d2c31c.jpg

The Chatbox Ghost

I still can’t believe they’d make a Big Al plush for the show and NOT sell it as merchandise. Teddy bears for the Country Bears seems like a no brainer. Maybe they’re testing to see how the show is received (which so far seems generally positive)? Maybe the Pecos refurb will turn the area around the exit of the CBJ into a gift shop?

zipadee999

I still can’t believe they’d make a Big Al plush for the show and NOT sell it as merchandise. Teddy bears for the Country Bears seems like a no brainer. Maybe they’re testing to see how the show is received (which so far seems generally positive)? Maybe the Pecos refurb will turn the area around the exit of the CBJ into a gift shop?
Even if they don’t want a fully-fledged gift shop, they could at least start selling CBJ merch at Big Al’s. If they started selling it there, they could test the waters, and if it proves popular then they could consider a gift shop

Cmdr_Crimson

Even if they don’t want a fully-fledged gift shop, they could at least start selling CBJ merch at Big Al’s. If they started selling it there, they could test the waters, and if it proves popular then they could consider a gift shop
Or the pin shop that hugs the side of the attraction..

The Chatbox Ghost

I would love some plushes like they have in Tokyo, and definitely more shirts. The one they made for the new show is underwhelming and the last one we got before the original closed… well, “Grizzy Hall” speaks for itself.

The Chatbox Ghost

Just left. It was okay.

I really liked the look of it and the movement of the bears was top notch. The fiddle scene was also great.

That's about it.
The highlight of the show is 100% the AA quality. It’s insane how amazing and reliable these new AAs are, as far as I’m aware there’s been no errors at the fault of the AAs, just that power outage.

The fiddle scene is also the highlight of the show itself. Love that my favorite bear is getting his dues!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom