News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

The Chatbox Ghost

Well, since I had the day off work, I spent it writing a script for a hypothetical Halloween show. I'm by no means a writer, and this definitely needs some work when it comes to the in-between-song banter, but I think it's at a good starting point. I'd love it to have some sort of throughline like the Vacation show (the skunk backstage starting from the beginning and coming to a finale at the end).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KNX3l1p4Z4lCNE7e1T118IC8Kkc0hW7KuTvrCGR8KqY/edit?usp=sharing
A small sample of the script.

I made some changes from my setlist I posted yesterday. I reordered some songs to account for needing to turn the stages around between songs (I had Ernest and Big Al back-to-back at one point, as well as Shaker and Henry on the same stage back-to-back), and I turned the Headless Horseman song into the finale to trim the show down by one song. Assuming each page is about a minute long and not counting the cover page, the show would run around 14 minutes (adding a minute onto the show for the original opening song that isn't written.), which is shorter than the Vacation Hoedown, Christmas Special, and the full original show! It's about 4 minutes longer than the CBMJ, so if it were to be more realistic, I'd probably have to tighten the show a bit more, cutting some dialogue or maybe cutting Ghost Riders since it was already in CBVH. Though I feel like limited-time seasonal shows have an excuse to be a little longer. I'd hate to cut character moments, as I feel that's what really makes these shows, rather than it just being bears that act as speakers for music.

Feel free to leave comments on the script, I'd love to get it in a better shape!

FigmentJedi

Well, since I had the day off work, I spent it writing a script for a hypothetical Halloween show. I'm by no means a writer, and this definitely needs some work when it comes to the in-between-song banter, but I think it's at a good starting point. I'd love it to have some sort of throughline like the Vacation show (the skunk backstage starting from the beginning and coming to a finale at the end).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KNX3l1p4Z4lCNE7e1T118IC8Kkc0hW7KuTvrCGR8KqY/edit?usp=sharing
View attachment 805200
I made some changes from my setlist I posted yesterday. I reordered some songs to account for needing to turn the stages around between songs (I had Ernest and Big Al back-to-back at one point, as well as Shaker and Henry on the same stage back-to-back), and I turned the Headless Horseman song into the finale to trim the show down by one song. Assuming each page is about a minute long and not counting the cover page, the show would run around 14 minutes (adding a minute onto the show for the original opening song that isn't written.), which is shorter than the Vacation Hoedown, Christmas Special, and the full original show! It's about 4 minutes longer than the CBMJ, so if it were to be more realistic, I'd probably have to tighten the show a bit more, cutting some dialogue or maybe cutting Ghost Riders since it was already in CBVH. Though I feel like limited-time seasonal shows have an excuse to be a little longer. I'd hate to cut character moments, as I feel that's what really makes these shows, rather than it just being bears that act as speakers for music.

Feel free to leave comments on the script, I'd love to get it in a better shape!
I feel like the animal heads should have a bit more play in the finale, not just from the obvious joke there, but as a tribute to Thurl's cover. Like give Buff the last line as a big finish.

Sneaky

View attachment 805200

Maybe you should join the imagineering forums! We’d love to have you!
Shameless plug is shameless plug

The Chatbox Ghost

Made a thread for it! I know you're a fan of the bears too, I'd love to see you cook up something!

The Chatbox Ghost

Is Big Al's new voice actor still unknown? The voice for the DCA statue sounds like the same guy as the CBMJ, but as far as I've seen, no one has come out and said they're the new voice of Big Al. Same for Zeke, Zeb, Tennessee, and Rufus, but for those four I'm not surprised there's little info.

C33Mom

Does anybody know if they are running CBMJ during MK’s extended evening hours? If not, can we sneak in around 10 minutes before park close or do we need to be there even earlier to catch it?

The Chatbox Ghost

How are the crowds generally for this? More crowded than before the refresh?
From what I've seen online, it looks busier. I haven't heard of people waiting for the show outside of the first few days it was open, but from videos I've seen, the theater is always pretty full even if people are just walking into the show. I guess that shows it has a good capacity throughput? Keep in mind I'm not a local so I'm going purely off of what I've seen online and what my coworkers who are local have said. If anyone on here is local and has a firsthand account, please share!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Does anybody know if they are running CBMJ during MK’s extended evening hours? If not, can we sneak in around 10 minutes before park close or do we need to be there even earlier to catch it?

The calendar does show operating times during Extended Evening Hours through August 28. There are currently no operating hours listed for Country Bear Musical Jamboree during the 3 remaining Extended Evening Hour dates in September (7, 11 and 18) at Magic Kingdom.

nickf456

How are the crowds generally for this? More crowded than before the refresh?
I will say, I was at MK last Wednesday and went at about 10:45 am-ish, and having seen the show quite a few times last year, I never saw the theater as full as it was last week. And the crowd was way more lively than I’ve ever seen a crowd for a CBJ show. I don’t know if it’s a result of the show being new or general crowd interest, but that’s just what i observed.

Also all the upgrades in the theater are fantastic. Even if you disagree with the creative direction, it’d be really hard to deny that the show looks and sounds great now! So happy to see a lot of TLC given to the bears!

C33Mom

The calendar does show operating times during Extended Evening Hours through August 28. There are currently no operating hours listed for Country Bear Musical Jamboree during the 3 remaining Extended Evening Hour dates in September (7, 11 and 18) at Magic Kingdom.
Thank you. I realize it’s not the optimal use of EEH, but it’s our first evening at WDW (after dinner in Epcot) and we’re DLR regulars, so there’s nothing we’re as excited to see/do as visit Big Al.

C33Mom

As a quick post-visit update— both of my kids really enjoyed the show (but felt there wasn’t enough Big Al, and they missed Blood on the Saddle)— it felt very short to me. My favorite part was actually the slideshow that accompanied Try Everything. We ended up watching the show twice during our trip, and skipping it once (on a Saturday afternoon) because the lobby waiting area was totally packed. Both during EEH and MNSSHP, there were 50+ people in the theater during the show, so not totally full, but also at times most people wouldn’t be visiting the show at all.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
So at this point, probably safe to say Liver Lips/Romeo is retired permanently as a costumed meet and greet character?
Unfortunately. Like I was told back when it leaked he was going away-
I was told it's because they want the Romeo name to be consistent across the parks, and since Tokyo still has the original show where he's called "Liverlips" they're just retiring him here. Will he come back if Tokyo gets the new show? Who knows.

Now I do think they should have just called him 'McGrowl' across the board or updated his look to the CBMJ costume instead of retiring him, but Disney doesn't make the logical choices, do they?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom