News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

The Leader of the Club

After reading everyone’s takes about the music choices the past two days, I wanted to see if I could do any better. Here’s a rough set list I made of more obscure choices, sticking solely to Disney songs. I decided to leave Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Bare Necessities because I haven’t actually heard anyone complain about those picks. Here’s what I came up with:
  • “Welcome” from “Brother Bear” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
  • “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” from “Hercules” performed by Trixie with Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah
  • “Lonesome Cowboy” from “Toy Story 4” performed by Romeo McGrowl
  • “Rainbow Connection” from “the Muppet Movie” performed by Wendell & Teddi Barra
  • “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” from “Mary Poppins” performed by Ernest the “Dude”
  • “I’ve Got A Dream” from “Tangled” performed by Terrence “Shaker”
  • “Baby Mine” from “Dumbo” performed by Big Al
  • “Best of Friends” from “Fox & the Hound” performed by Henry & Sammy
  • “The Bare Necessities” from “The Jungle Book” performed by the entire company
  • “Come Again” by Henry & Sammy with Max, Melvin, & Buff

MK-fan

Does anyone know if Peter Renaday was contacted to try and play Henry and Max? I saw a video of him voicing Henry in fall of 2022 and he still sounds really good. It’s a shame that he wasn’t involved considering he has such a great legacy voicing Disney theme park attractions?

Sneakman

And wasn’t their a rumor they were considering going back to the original vacation hoedown show at one point? Or does anyone know if there were other proposal for a new bear show that got anywhere.

celluloid

After reading everyone’s takes about the music choices the past two days, I wanted to see if I could do any better. Here’s a rough set list I made of more obscure choices, sticking solely to Disney songs. I decided to leave Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Bare Necessities because I haven’t actually heard anyone complain about those picks. Here’s what I came up with:
  • “Welcome” from “Brother Bear” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
  • “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” from “Hercules” performed by Trixie with Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah
  • “Lonesome Cowboy” from “Toy Story 4” performed by Romeo McGrowl
  • “Rainbow Connection” from “the Muppet Movie” performed by Wendell & Teddi Barra
  • “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” from “Mary Poppins” performed by Ernest the “Dude”
  • “I’ve Got A Dream” from “Tangled” performed by Terrence “Shaker”
  • “Baby Mine” from “Dumbo” performed by Big Al
  • “Best of Friends” from “Fox & the Hound” performed by Henry & Sammy
  • “The Bare Necessities” from “The Jungle Book” performed by the entire company
  • “Come Again” by Henry & Sammy with Max, Melvin, & Buff

All fun choices but with only an already hectic 12 minutes, would not fit the entire agenda of what was done. The now almost deep cut but iconic in theme song that the show had did not even remain.

Disstevefan1

Ik the saying, but what’s that supposed to mean? I know any sort of permanent show change is not going to be for a loooonnng time.
Just making a joke referring to the Splash to Tiana change, that is not going so well technically and since they made this change so far no technical difficulties, quit while ahead ;) ;)
Just watched video of what they've done. Why. Just. Why.

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF by MOODMAN
I will stick with my opinion, its better than losing the country bears altogether, and that was a real possibility for a while.

Sneakman

Just making a joke referring to the Splash to Tiana change, that is not going so well technically and since they made this change so far no technical difficulties, quit while ahead ;) ;)
It’s not likely they’re gonna make any changes to Tiana, right? Either that or I’m really dumb and can’t read your joke. Is this referring to how they won’t change Tiana even with all these issues?

Disstevefan1

It’s not likely they’re gonna make any changes to Tiana, right? Either that or I’m really dumb and can’t read your joke
They changed Splash to Tiana and there are many technical problems.

The changed the country bears and it seems to be working with no issues. Quit while you are ahead and make no further changes to the country bears. ;)

Yes, I know they are very different in scope, but just saying the country bear change seemed to go smooth so let it be.

But who knows? Lets see if country bears starts to go down now that they have messed with it. ;)

So we now have how many similar experiences in one park? A mash up of the same tired songs. This is philharmagic the bear version, there is also the firework version, parade version, and I a guessing the CoP version on the horizon. On a positive note… audio, lighting and the bears themselves are great. Awesome refresh of the attraction, no creativity or originality

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, it's nice to have the Bears in decent shape, but I was hoping for at least more country music for the country bears. Or anything else that would have carried on the legacy of a true Disney original beyond callbacks and new costumes.

Agree - basically after watching this I was like... what is the CGJ really about now? Seeing AAs sing Disney songs? What is unique or standout about it? I think only the talking wall mounts are the only thing that will stand out to people in the long run. There is very little character of its own left in it.. and certainly not originality to make the attraction something of its own.

The show relied heavily on stereotypes before... that is less acceptable now so I think it was always doomed to stay relevant without a complete reboot of what it was...

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I 100% expect this iteration to make its way to Japan. This seems like something that audience would eat right up.

That would spell the extinction of the original show for good. Many of us were willing to sacrifice CBJ Lite, but I don't think we would give up the full '71 show that easy.

ElijahDAdams

For those who didn't like the actual Try Everything song, what did you think of the slide show? I loved the Christmas special reference with Trixie having Teddi's skis. I think the slides honestly are my favorite part of the number. I like how the slides keep the old style of the previous show's slides, as well as all the new funny artwork of Trixie failing at things.
I must be in the minority because I already loved the original version of Try Everything, along with this new iteration. Emily Ann's version does a great blend of Pop and Country that doesn't feel too out of place. The slides are awesome and it's a huge win that they brought them back for this show. They speak to Trixie's character, being the unlucky one of the bunch who doesn't stop trying to get things right. My only problem is that the Sun Bonnets have become backup singers and no longer have a place of their own.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Disney fans: Disney should stop cramming songs from Disney movies into Disney park attractions.

Also Disney fans: Disney should take the song, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, from the Disney movie, Song of the South, and cram it into this attraction.
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is for sophisticated gentlemen with refined taste, Try Everything is not. Simple as.

montyz81

This speaks to the current state of Disney Imagineers. They have no original thoughts anymore. The thing that made Disney great was there ability to create new experiences and bring them to life with original story telling. They just keep going back to the well now. This show is an example of it. Stop using IP and create something new and refreshing
Is there any way we can get Josh to read this. Does anyone know if he reads WDW Magic?

The Chatbox Ghost

Just curious, for those who think the new show is so well done, do you think you would have the same reaction if they would have just reskinned and redone the AAs, remastered and used the original audio and songs, and maybe just added in 1 new song (instead of pushing all Disney movie IP songs)…or are the new songs what you like the most?
I would've loved a remastered show, since what I love most about the CBMJ is the animatronics and new effects (like the smoking fiddle), but let's be honest- all the best parts would be cut (Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford, Blood on the Saddle, All the Guys That Turn Me on Turn Me Down, etc.) in an effort to be more family friendly, so at that point, you might as well just do a new show. The original definitely could come back someday if there's a cultural shift in what is considered okay for kids (based on the younger generations I would say once Boomers through early Millennials are gone, stuff like blood will be fine again), but since currently we can't have it, I'm fine with this. The bears live another day.

The Chatbox Ghost

I like a whole new world, because that stupid bit where Wendell rises up and max says “where he comes from” is one of my favorite, and I also thing Wendell rising up with this long intro and coming in with that squeaky “I can show you the world” is good buildup and kinda funny
Agreed, Chris Thile's performance as Wendell really fits the original version(s), it has that sort of "pathetic wheezing" sound that Wendell has always had. It's even closer to OG Wendell than the Christmas/Vacation Wendell! Only complaint for Whole New World is no comment from Henry about his dismay at Wendell or his relationship with Teddi, which at least is still implied in the queue displays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom