News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Sneakman

but let's be honest- all the best parts would be cut (Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford, Blood on the Saddle, All the Guys That Turn Me on Turn Me Down, etc.) in an effort to be more family friendly, so at that point, you might as well just do a new show.
I think, and still do, that blood on the saddle could’ve come back In place of the second “remember me” repriese big al does.

Sir_Cliff

This sort of framing always seems weird to me. They’re robots. That there are robots in a certain form isn’t at the heart of the experience. A major problem with the creative direction of the parks is that they overly self referential.
I see it as analogous to Figment.

You could argue that it would be better if he no longer existed rather than have a lesser/bastardised version as in the current attraction. After all, he is just a robot. In that scenario, you could enjoy him in his original glory on YouTube videos and he would likely survive as an image like the robot butler from Horizons or the characters from Kitchen Kabaret as a representation of Epcot's past.

Another perspective is that it is better that Figment still exists as a character in the park because he's both a worthwhile character to keep alive and it also keeps alive the possibility they can do something better with him.

I think there are valid arguments in favour of both perspectives, but overall I'm happy the Country Bears weren't completely extinguished from the park. Whether people love the current version of the show or not, they can still enjoy the characters who remain broadly similar and they remain a part of the park rather than just a part of its history.

Last edited:

celluloid

The last time I saw the original show, it was near empty despite being mid-day, and it was so hard to hear most of the dialogue over the aging speakers and click-clacking of the animatronics. This refresh was really needed and will hopefully make more people fans of the bears, leading them to go down the rabbit hole (bear den?) and discover all the other versions of the show and fall in love with them too. It's kind of a Trojan horse situation right now.

as pointed out that is what is sad aboutncurrent expecations. It is another way of saying be grateful we have them at all instead of a show that could have been better than what we have
So often the upkeep issues get brought up. The entire resort, with Mk often taking the biggest hit has been in bad shape since 2011. The clacking and faded speakers became issue in more recent years. There could have been plussing and .

A Trojan horse (or extra finger for those in art) is a good way to describe it, but sad the horse is not better painted and finished.

bwr827

This sort of framing always seems weird to me. They’re robots. That there are robots in a certain form isn’t at the heart of the experience. A major problem with the creative direction of the parks is that they overly self referential.
People sure seemed very concerned with the exact appearance and physical presence of said robots. In addition to the music concerns.

zipadee999

I think, and still do, that blood on the saddle could’ve come back In place of the second “remember me” repriese big al does.
I think it was originally planned to go there, hence why it happens after the finale rather than before like in the old show. It technically would’ve been a little tongue-in-cheek nod before guests were sent on their way.

A very small sliver of me is praying (but far from expecting) to see some last minute song edits before the grand opening as these are still technically ‘previews.’ Disney has edited attraction soundtracks before during previews, like when ‘Sooner or Later’ was swapped for ‘Burrow’s Lament’ in DL’s splash due to preview feedback before the grand opening. Again, this will happen the same day Disney announces they’re rebuilding Horizons with Figment and a peoplemover running through it, but how cool would it be if the show opened next week to the public with Blood on the Saddle during the second reprise due to feedback?

celluloid

Looking back, I’m pleasantly surprised that Big Al was able to keep his moonshine jug on stage with him.
Drinking as a defining feature has become more socially acceptable since the time of the shows creation.
Other things can't be seen as traits flaws the same way.

Satire of music seems so largely lost. I just saw a video of 28-30 yesr olds talking about Randy Newman's Short people, missing the point and taking it as literal hate.

Made.me think of the great Mad TV bits.

If we are talking deep Disney cuts:

Every Cowboy needs a horse with all characters progressively joining in could habe been well programmed.

Last edited:

FettFan

Just watched video of what they've done. Why. Just. Why.

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF by MOODMAN

It’s because Bob Iger is a corporate version of that evil kid from the Twilight Zone.

1720740972243.jpeg

Everyone knows how bad the situation is, but they’re so scared of him that they nervously tell him what he’s doing is actually good.

And then Chapek decided to
Grow a backbone.
1720741091660.gif

JoeCamel

Is that what you call comically flailing about, burning endless bridges, driving off talent, overseeing the largest brain drain to hit the company in modern times and leaving a path of destruction behind you that made people so unhappy they CHEERED for Iger when he came back?
But the stock price!

The Chatbox Ghost

So often the upkeep issues get brought up. The entire resort, with Mk often taking the biggest hit has been in bad shape since 2011.
This is a major issue with WDW. They're cheaping out and cutting back on maintenance, aside from large closures that are absolutely needed. Remember the filthy small world boats, the dirty and smelly Monorails, the grimy Tron Lightcycle awning? Disney pre-2010s wouldn't have allowed that.

The Chatbox Ghost

Every Cowboy needs a horse with all characters progressively joining in could habe been well programmed.
I do wish the finale had more of a Christmas Special style ending, where each character got a solo line. Really made it feel like the whole gang was there when you single them out.

Also, kinda related, how fast do the turntables behind the curtains move? I wonder if it would've been possible to have Ernest be a part of the CBMJ finale, closing the curtains on him a little earlier to allow for the switch to Al. Ernest has got to have the unluckiest spot out of all the Country Bears, because sharing a stage with Big Al means you're pretty much always guaranteed to miss out on Full Company songs. At least Trixie could realistically be in a finale, with Henry taking Shaker's spot, but you can't not have Big Al in a finale sadly.

FettFan

Is that what you call comically flailing about, burning endless bridges, driving off talent, overseeing the largest brain drain to hit the company in modern times and leaving a path of destruction behind you that made people so unhappy they CHEERED for Iger when he came back?

Chapek was just the fall guy. It was Iger-tha all along.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Racking my brain here trying to figure out what ROE stands for- it's probably super obvious but I'm missing it. Is it a fireworks show or parade?

For future use, bookmark...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom