News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

The Chatbox Ghost

The novelty in one day has already warn off to "at least we still have some sort of the general idea and it is not an empty building or DVC area"

As said by others, that is sad what current Disney Parks are with this threshold.
Totally disagree here, the novelty hasn't worn off for me. Songs are still stuck in my head and whenever I can I rewatch it.
Question, I do like the show, but for others, would you rather have 2012 bears or musical jamboree?
I feel like I'd say 2012 bears, but if that means we get the old janky AAs too, then Musical Jamboree. The bears REALLY needed this refresh and modernization (in terms of their AA parts, that is).

Sneakman

Totally disagree here, the novelty hasn't worn off for me. Songs are still stuck in my head and whenever I can I rewatch it.

I feel like I'd say 2012 bears, but if that means we get the old janky AAs too, then Musical Jamboree. The bears REALLY needed this refresh and modernization (in terms of their AA parts, that is).
Yeah, the janky bears were kinda iffy. The bears did need this update mechanics wise. They must have spent a FORTUNE on the animatronics with how fluidly they move.

The Chatbox Ghost

Interesting question. I wonder if they did any upgrades such that they can be more agile and can change story and songs?

I really hope there would be a version for Christmastime.
I know that the AAs are all electric or electric/hydraulic hybrids now with brand new parts, so I'd assume they're a lot easier to program than the original hydraulic ones from 1971. Tokyo is able to change overlays in around a week, so Florida totally could if they wanted. A new Christmas show would be awesome (plus it means more of a chance Ernest will get a new VA lmao)

Dranth

I've been going to DL and WDW since the early 80s and I can't say I ever enjoyed CB in any incarnation. I would give it a chance every few visits as I got older hoping to see what others did but it just never hit for me for whatever reason.

With that in mind, I understand why some will never like the new version (I've had some of my favorites replaced) but this looks pretty fun and entertaining to me and will likely connect pretty well with a larger group.

The Chatbox Ghost

Indeed. Tokyo is often eager to utilize Disney IP. When OLC licensed Disney IP for a Disney park... they tended to want Disney IP.
100%. They already put Stitch in their Tiki Room, anyone who says Tokyo wouldn't want this show is in denial. Tokyo has already proven too that they swap out their shows constantly, so we'd likely have all four on rotation.

The Chatbox Ghost

I would have liked to see some original music. It's the same argument I have for ROE being replaced with a show that includes all IP-based songs. ROE was an original story told by imagineers with no constraints. To constrain an imagineer is the anti-definition of "use your imagination."

Comming soon: Sonny Eclipse to be refurbed and sing only IP based songs.
Racking my brain here trying to figure out what ROE stands for- it's probably super obvious but I'm missing it. Is it a fireworks show or parade?

The Chatbox Ghost

Does anyone know if Peter Renaday was contacted to try and play Henry and Max? I saw a video of him voicing Henry in fall of 2022 and he still sounds really good. It’s a shame that he wasn’t involved considering he has such a great legacy voicing Disney theme park attractions?
Link to that video? I'd love to see!

The Chatbox Ghost

Reflections of Earth
Oooooh duh! Yeah, losing Illuminations was tragic. Epcot of all places shouldn't be an IP park. Magic Kingdom? Makes sense, because its what people think of when you say "Walt Disney World." Epcot should've stayed a mainly edutainment-based park that explores history, technology, and cultures around the world.

celluloid

That's fun and happy to hear it.

We just have posters saying at least they they did not remove the show completely.

Did the original show's songs never get stuck in your head?

Using already popular songs that you can hear other versions of through the very same park and in some cases for decades around the resort and media would make some being stuck as ear worms an easier sell.

MK-fan

Link to that video? I'd love to see!

I mean it would’ve been cool to have him play both characters and I know he was 88 at the time but from the looks of it, he still gots it. This kind of reminds me of the story of Paul Winchell “OG voice of Tigger”. He had played the character since the beginning and he was off and on playing the character during the 90s due to problems with his voice. When they were producing The Tigger Movie, he was supposed to return but his voice was too scratchy and they opted for Jim Cummings instead. I’m sure he was sad he couldn’t play his character in his own film. When Imagineering got word of this while they were creating the Winnie the Pooh ride for Magic Kingdom, they invited him to do the voice in the ride and he obliged. It was the last time he would play him.

Tom P.

Disney fans: Disney should stop cramming songs from Disney movies into Disney park attractions.

Also Disney fans: Disney should take the song, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, from the Disney movie, Song of the South, and cram it into this attraction.
In fairness, there are many people in Disney's current hierarchy who I would like to tell to cram it...

The Chatbox Ghost

Did the original show's songs never get stuck in your head?
Oh, they totally did, I would get them stuck and start humming them all the time. But that's also because I'm a theme park nerd and a huge fan of the bears. I'm sure the original show's songs became earworms for MANY people, especially in the 70s-90s, but nowadays the theater was pretty empty until they announce the retheme. The last time I saw the original show, it was near empty despite being mid-day, and it was so hard to hear most of the dialogue over the aging speakers and click-clacking of the animatronics. This refresh was really needed and will hopefully make more people fans of the bears, leading them to go down the rabbit hole (bear den?) and discover all the other versions of the show and fall in love with them too. It's kind of a Trojan horse situation right now.

Also: I definitely would've loved some deeper cuts or at least songs that aren't used anywhere else. Rainbow Connection could replace A Whole New World (as much as I love Wendell's strained crooning), I Won't Say I'm in Love could replace Try Everything, etc etc. The Leader of the Club had a great setlist they posted, I'd much prefer that list (though perhaps keep Kiss the Girl and You've Got a Friend in Me)

The Chatbox Ghost

I mean it would’ve been cool to have him play both characters and I know he was 88 at the time but from the looks of it, he still gots it. This kind of reminds me of the story of Paul Winchell “OG voice of Tigger”. He had played the character since the beginning and he was off and on playing the character during the 90s due to problems with his voice. When they were producing The Tigger Movie, he was supposed to return but his voice was too scratchy and they opted for Jim Cummings instead. I’m sure he was sad he couldn’t play his character in his own film. When Imagineering got word of this while they were creating the Winnie the Pooh ride for Magic Kingdom, they invited him to do the voice in the ride and he obliged. It was the last time he would play him.

Damn, he's still got it! Heartbreaking they didn't use him- though perhaps they contacted him and he declined. I think I read somewhere though that they didn't contact him. I would've loved if he at least did Henry's speaking lines and the new VA (do we have a full cast list yet?) did the singing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom